Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

heiden posted:

I liked that game but there's not much to manage, it's super shallow & easy once you figure out that building less buildings and boosting them with the appropiate items > building more buildings. You'll have everyone as Kairobots (sp?) rather quickly and then there's nothing left to do.

Yeah, I just beat the game. Well, I think I beat it. I got my village up to 5 stars. Yay! Now I just need to figure out how to use the things I unlocked. Are the Kairobots a new class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Shalinor posted:

... unless he was one of the ones emailing you about trains.
I'm calling it now, there's gonna be an easter egg in one of the Pocket Planes updates featuring Astrotrain or something.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I would play the hell out of that game.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

Wow this sounds like a great idea! How come no one's thought of this yet!?

I don't know, someone should email the developers and see if they can make Tiny Trains. Or if they are taking alternative titles: "Trouser Trains" "Fanny Pack Freight" "Legging Locomotives".

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Little Inferno! Fire is awesome.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

So, Little Inferno took a surprisingly dark turn.

Really don't know what you mean by this, are you referring to the first video you see? Where people are on fire?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

So I'm going on a biz trip next week, and will have lots of time (12 hours) in aircraft and airports with only my lowly iPad to keep me entertained. I've played through:

Sword and Sworcery
Tactical Warrior
Dungeon Village
Beneath a Steel Sky

And gotten my fill of:

Hunters 2
Galaxy on Fire HD
Space Shuttle Landing Simulator Dealie
Sky Gamblers
GTA Chinatown
New Star Soccer

I need some single player non-internet games for the flight. Maybe adventure games or an actiony thing? Platformers don't really grab me, and tower defense doesn't do it either. Not for long term at least.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Bummey posted:

Sally's Spa, Salon and Studio! Airport Mania 1 & 2!

The Quest! Get the lite version because it'll take you a while to finish the trial content, if you ever do.
What are the Airport Manias like, are they like the ones where you have to land a bunch of planes in a row, or are they more like Airbucks?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

LOL Kitty stumped me too. No idea what it is.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Dimensions
Infinity Blade
Battle Cats
Zenonia/Exitium/Various (Korean) Adventure games.

Thanks for these. Already got Battle Cats, and Infinity Blade doesn't really hold my attention, but I'll check out the FFT port and Exitium and such. Random request here, does anyone know of any really good Sci Fi RPG-ish games optimized for iPad?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I think I might actually complete Pixel People. Maybe.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Star Traders released another update yesterday. Man, they just keep piling in the ship classes and fixing bugs.

I've even managed to start making lots of money and affording to buy the ship of my dreams. Gonna ram all the other ships, forever.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

They absolutely need Planescape: Torment ported to iOS. I'm having a hard time playing it on my PC because the resolution is so tiny, but it would be perfect for my iPad.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I downloaded Jones on Fire, and liked it alright. I'll probably play some more. It's not really an infinite runner, which is something I really like. I like that if I get good, I can pass stages. Sense of accomplishment, yay!

Sucks that it's not making lots of moneys.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

So... Been playing a lot of Jones On Fire.. Is it supposed to make me sad? The fire just keeps growing and raging and the music is slightly sad.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Not available in the us.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Are there any decent RTS or 4x games for iOS? I couldn't find any that looked okay.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I finished Pixel People. That was a very anticlimactic ending. I think it even said "You're getting close! Something might happen!"

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

NimbleQuest! Yay... wait, I can't find it. Is it out in the US store? Also, are there any decent RTS games?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I am really tired today because I was up most of the night playing Nimble Quest. You know, I don't think this was properly researched, because if you make a game this great you will have people stay up all night playing it. Then they'll miss work and will not have money to throw at the game.

Seriously guys, make worse games.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

SuperHappy posted:

When I finally got the Trout for "Fire & Ice", I found out I spent the Bear on one of the other missions. I've spent the last three days trying to find another one :mad:

Has anyone figured out what the deal is with the Gold Hearts?

What the hell? Fire and Ice in Pixel People? Spending the bear? Missions? Gold Hearts? I haven't seen any of these things.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Ahh, I've been restocking my current city before moving on to the new content. That would explain why I don't see any of that new crap yet. It takes so long to save up for more land now.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

What does putting people in the hotel actually do? I saw that you can put people in there for Utopium, but aside from trying to clear out residential buildings I can't figure anything out about it.

Also, it looks like the gold star thing might be to get more rare animals.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Necroneocon posted:

After I die in game i'd like to have a motivational message or something that tells me i'm a nice/great person rather than an ad. Especially ads for games with virtual buttons.
I agree. Maybe a simple "Your hair looks nice today." or "At least you aren't Stalin." or "Your dog thinks you're pretty wonderful and I do too."

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

This looks so basic and bad. Wow.

Yeah, that's really disappointing. So much time spent on the game, and there's still spelling mistakes? I mean, c'mon guys.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I played Artemis Bridge Simulator last night with some friends on a LAN. Has anyone played it with iOS devices? Is it even fun on iPads or iPhones?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

iron_weasel posted:

You mean our icon is ugly?

I was assuming that he wants you to figure out a way to remove all of the Angry Birds apps.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

iron_weasel posted:

Cool, that means the fun factor is working for you. Which is always a relief.

Ug. These are stupid oversights. We will fix all that crap. I feel kind of ashamed it is like showing up with your hair nicely combed and your jacket straightened and realizing you forgot to wear pants. Well, thanks for pointing it out.

(However, I will now shake my first at Apple for not allowing on the fly updating of little things like this, but instead forcing us to submit new version and get approval)

For the patch notes you should put "Forgot to put pants on.".

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I was hoping Pocket Planes would be updated to replace all of the planes with flying trains for April 1st. It looks like something better is happening.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Psion posted:

You should add a crab hero.

Or a train hero.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Shalinor posted:

I spend every dollar I make on only goon approved hobbies. You can be assured that a dollar to me is a dollar to The Right Things To Buy.

... well, that, and spinach. Think of it like a 5c on the dollar spinach tax. It's good fiber.

Spinach will give you kidney stones. :colbert: I do not approve, but it's for your own good.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Space Agency is the best game about launching things into space that you will ever play on your iPad. Seriously, guys, download it now. I ended up playing 4 hours of it last night without noticing, it was incredible.

I'm sad I can't throw money at it to unlock everything though. I want to play with Free Play more, but some of the missions are really tricky (especially with a time limit).

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

xzzy posted:

Go buy a copy of kerbal space program then, you get everything from the start.

I have a copy of that, but Space Agency is much more user friendly and easy to play. I don't need to do crazy maths to get a rocket from the Earth to the Moon. I also cannot play Kerbals from the iPad.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Mozi posted:

In Space Agency I don't understand re-entry, I point the heat shield down and still blow up almost immediately.

It's a bit difficult, really. You point the blunt bit down, and if it starts tilting adjust until it stops being red. Gotta stay on top of it, though.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Space Agency is the best, I think I'll throw the $5 at the dev even though I'm sure I could unlock all the parts through missions. Actually the only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm afraid I'll burn out on it too quickly if I have access to everything, it's fun to have a limited toolset and just play around with the little stuff for now.

It's like 2D KSP on my phone. Get it if you're into space nerd stuff at all.

edit: beaten on the KSP reference as I got a phonecall while writing this reply :)

Wait, where are you seeing you can unlock all the parts?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

eeenmachine posted:

Ugh this Space Agency game makes me want to make a shameless Bitizen Space Program game.

Back to work on Little Locomotives, you. Also, do it and I will push money at you.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Yeah, at first I was just speeding up my orbit to try to get farther out.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Samara posted:

100% agree, I didn't even see this one coming and it's very, very good.

Fantasy Flight, make XWing out of this engine!!

I am really excited about getting home and spending money on this.

Also, I paid the IAP for Space Agency to give me everything I want in Free Flight, and I absolutely love it. Best money I ever spent in my life.

I also have LW to play... I haven't even started with that one yet.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

goferchan posted:

Oh my god, Ace Patrol is great. Looks to be pretty playable as a "free" game, too, although you have to pay to unlock extra nationalities/campaigns (which I am about to do right now). There are consumable IAP purchases that allow you to spring your pilots out of POW camp/the hospital early, but take heed if that sets off red flags: their release isn't tied to a timer or anything, they're just locked up for a set number of missions, and it feels like a very natural/appropriate consequence for being downed behind enemy lines. Makes the IAP seem like more of a "cheat" purchase than a freemium timer game thing. I love the core game so far though, here's hoping the multiplayer mode is well-implemented because this would make a GREAT new async fixation for me.

Seconding this, this game is the best. Audio is awful though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

eeenmachine posted:

The thing I really love about KSP and Space Agency is how they get people excited about existing space programs. I wish any of our games inspired people to learn / get involved with real life stuff.

Your trains game totally makes me want to go drive a choo choo. Also, based on my experience with the rest of your games I have a very good feel for urban planning and aviation business management. For example, I now will never willingly take an airplane where the pilot simply opens and closes his mouth regularly and stares ahead like some sort of cultist.

• Locked thread