Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Froist posted:

I took the plunge on The Room the other day based on this thread, and finished both that and Bastion yesterday. Great games.

I'm now looking at starting The Walking Dead, but I do also want to watch the TV show that I haven't started yet. Is doing one before the other particularly spoilerish, or are they distinct storylines?

As queeb said, they're mostly completely separate, apart from one reveal in the second episode of the game that I don't think comes up for a fair bit in the show (for those who've played the game and watched the show who might be able to offer a more concrete answer, I'm talking about the bit in Episode 2 where Ben tells you that everyone's already infected. I've only seen the first season, so I'm not sure when that comes up in the show).

Other than that, there's a character or two who appear in the show and who are also in the game for a little, but it's nothing huge. Storylines are otherwise distinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
To everyone going on about Clash Of Heroes, if you really want to try it on another platform, it's also on PC (on Steam), and is a pretty good port as it happens.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

How many chapters are in each of the two new games? I definitely wouldn't mind paying for some more PW.

Saw two people answer, but I don't think either of them got it right. For the record, the first has five chapters, because one got added to the DS version when they ported it from GBA and released it internationally. The second has four, and the third has five, but those didn't have any additional cases added to them, so they're the same as the original GBA versions.

(Spoilered just in case somebody doesn't want to know how many cases there are)

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I can't find it either. Are you looking direct on the iTunes site or something?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Corridor posted:

Maybe I can get someone to iFunbox me a completed save file or something later. :smith:

You can choose to start from any point in any case in any game you own (to an extent), so you could just skip that case entirely if you liked.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

Every case is essentially the same, and it's not helped at all by the fact that you literally see exactly what happened, usually including the killer's face before every single case. The other big fault I find with the series is that you so often know exactly what's going on when your character doesn't, and as such can't act on it correctly, which is more of a problem with adventure games in general.

Your first complaint isn't actually true. Yes, the first game does this for the first two cases, but it doesn't for the other three, and the other two games don't do it at all. You sometimes get a short cutscene before a case, but it's nearly always misleading in some way, or vague enough that it's not much help at all (again, excepting the first two cases of the first game).

As for your second complaint, while this can be a problem when investigating outside of court, and in court during the first (and perhaps second) intentionally easy cases of each game, I rarely encountered it - at least certainly not as much as you seem to be implying. However, I get that this is pretty subjective, so I guess you could've felt it quite a bit more than I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

So I'm pretty sure there's a game-breaking bug in the IOS version.

I'm playing Trials and Tribulations right now and I'm on Bridge to Turnabout, and right after the part where you talk to Bikini about (massive spoilers) how Iris is Morgan's daughter and also learn she has a twin you should next see Gumshoe at the Courtyard (according to every walkthrough out there), yet he's not appearing. I've been everywhere and clicked on anything I can think of.

What's interesting is that this starts right at part 3 of the investigation for that day. But this is unique to the IOS version as the previous games there were only two parts. So they split the second part for this one. I've gone back and just restarted from the third part, and same thing.

Has anyone been able to complete the IOS version of Trials yet?

If you've played the game before on DS you can try it out yourself. Download the app and go to part III of the second day of investigation.

I've noticed other problems that aren't game-breaking, but sure are annoying. For example, only the frontmost Psyche-locks are animated, and the ones that appear behind a character simply appear after the animation has ended for the frontmost Psyche-locks, rather than being animated too, like in the DS version. I've also several times encountered blank text boxes (for example when first speaking to Mia in case 2-2). Honestly, there's so much laziness in this port that it kind of baffles me that Ghost Trick's port turned out so good. I really hope somebody gets around to patching it a bit.

• Locked thread