Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foobar
Jul 6, 2002

KarmaticStylee posted:

How is Baldurs Gate on the ipad?

I never played it on the PC but I love RPGs and was excited to play this classic, so I bought it for the iPad. I'm stuck in the tutorial where you're supposed to cast a spell on a new companion - can't figure out how. Haven't picked it up since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Finally got around to playing Pixel People and after digging through the thread, I can't find the info regarding the "money glitch" - I thought it had something to do with moving buildings (hotels?), and googling turned up some glitch about flicking the Notification Center menu repeatedly (but that was it). Can someone tell me what that glitch was all about? Thanks!

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

If you have the latest version (or even 1.20, the version before the latest one), the glitch is already patched out.

You had to move your best moneymaker (usually the city square I think) back and forth. Every time you did, it added its earning rate to the total rate until you were making a ton of money per second. If you left the app or put your device in sleep mode, it would reset, so I usually plugged the device in when I did it.

Ah crap, well thanks for the info anyway. One other question - I keep filling up the hearts and discovering animal species; what am I supposed to do with those?

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Can anyone tell me what the circled button does, in the above screenshot from Pixel People? Toggling it doesn't seem to have an immediate effect.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

The Hebug posted:

Rotates the selected building if possible.

Gotcha, thanks!

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Quick question about Ace Patrol - is there any way to grind previous missions, to either get better maneuvers or complete enough missions to get a pilot out of the hospital?

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

If there's anyone else out there who, like me, still doesn't have Angry Birds Space, it just went free

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

Looks like a bunch of EA games went on sale recently. I finally snagged Burnout Crash and it's pretty fun!

Maybe I missed it, but I feel like Burnout Crash never got the love it deserves in this thread. I first played in on Xbox Live Arcade and wasn't blown away . . . it was fun but I found it terribly frustrating to try to aim my wrecks with any momentum using the sticks. I picked it up for iOS during a sale and I totally love it on the iPad - the touch controls for aiming your wrecks just work so much better! This game is a ton of fun and definitely worth picking up during a sale.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

I'm new to the Poker Night franchise - do the unlockables actually do anything on iOS, like change the gameplay in any way? Or are they just for show?

In a similar vein, what about bounty treasures? I just won Claptrap's video game award, does that affect the game? It doesn't even look like there's a trophy room where I can view it.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Thanks for the Poker Night info, guys. I was hoping the items changed up the gameplay somehow. Even though I appreciate the humor I'm already getting bored with it.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Duranki posted:

So someone said the best class choice in KOTOR was soldier. Any recommendations on point and skill allocation? I don't want to choose a bunch of skills that other characters in my party have.

I was wondering about this too - I'm brand new to KOTOR and was wondering if the "recommended" points (16 str, 14 dex, 14 con, 10 int, 12 wis, 10 cha) for soldier were going to screw me in the long run.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

I'm brand new to KOTOR and am about to start my very first playthrough on the iPad. Since it seems like a lot of you are very familiar with the game, is there anything I should know right from the start to maximize my experiences in a single playthrough? There's only a handful of advice mentioned on "Before I Play" for KOTOR.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Thanks for the KotOR info everyone - it's especially good to know I can rely on party members for a lot of skills. I love maxing out any skill that opens up dialog options in a game but that usually means sacrificing some combat-type skills, which makes leveling up particularly grindy.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

UncleSmoothie posted:

The post in question: http://pockettactics.com/2013/06/17/flip-your-chryssalid-xcom-for-ios-hits-this-week/

I definitely want to know how limited the maps are. That was the PC version's biggest weakness. Brilliant game, though.

Can someone tell me if this game uses a virtual D-pad? I've never played an XCOM game on any platform and I'm looking forward to trying it out, but I can't stand virtual D-pads.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm a billion years behind but holy crap is Scurvy Scallywags really, really good

Speaking of Scurvy Scallywags, is anyone still playing it after hitting level 40? I've hit level 40, built every ship and now I can't see any incentive to keep playing. I have 211 base power and the bosses only have like, 175 tops. The enemies don't seem to be scaling and there's not much strategy since I have so much power to begin each match with, and there aren't any more quests. Just wondering if anyone else got bored with it like me.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Has anyone downloaded the update to Sid Meier's Ace Patrol? The description says it adds 50% more content . . . having gotten bored with the game within about two weeks of buying it, I'm hoping the new content is some really good poo poo.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Do you lack have a computer with iTunes installed on it or something?

I have 2GB free on my iPad and I still don't have enough room to update XCOM by connecting it directly to my PC and syncing through iTunes.

Edited because I don't have as much free space as I thought I did, but still more than enough to update by direct connection (or so I thought). I ended up having to free up 4.25GB to update XCOM.

foobar fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 8, 2013

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Lorini posted:

Anyone have a YouTube they would recommend for 868-Hack? I'm just not understanding it.

Not sure if you saw this, but maybe it will help you out.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Pocket Trains: Is there a timer, like in Pocket Planes, that indicates how long before new jobs are available?

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Another Pocket Trains question: I just got a popup saying that occasionally, I'll need to repair my trains to keep them running at top speed. 1) How do I know when it's time to repair them? 2) How do I repair them?

Sorry for all the Pocket Trains talk - is there a separate thread for it already?

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

My favorite C64 game, M.U.L.E., drops on iTunes today as M.U.L.E. Returns! $4.99 and an immediate purchase for me, hopefully it doesn't suck!

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Anyone tried Doctor Who: Legacy yet? Seems to be a match-3 in the vein of Puzzle & Dragons. They seem to think it's fun and pretty playable without IAP over on the TouchArcade forum. It's free and I'm a sucker for a match-3 so I'll be checking it out.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Does anyone know of a good resource for tracking sales of gift cards (i.e., like when Bed Bath & Beyond was selling $25 gift cards for $20). I only seem to pick up that info from this thread, but there must be a few sites out there that have good info. Googling that kind of thing only seems to result in a lot of noise, and I'd really rather have the info pushed to me than to have to poll for it. Thanks guys!

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

eddiewalker posted:

Set a Slickdeals email alert for "iTunes."

That is perfect! I didn't realize you could set up alerts on Slickdeals.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

That Flappy Bird game's popularity might be legit

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Just wanted to reiterate what others have said about Dragon Quest VIII - I too was skeptical about the portrait orientation, but it works wonderfully. Movement is a virtual D-pad (which I normally hate) but since this game doesn't require fine motion control, it works just fine; and there's an "Auto" button that keeps you running continuously, so you only need to drag left or right to steer.

I picked up a PS2 for cheap right after the PS3 came out, and only played a handful of games on it - DQ8 was one of those and I loved it, and this port is (so far, 10 hours in) extremely faithful. I do miss the voice acting (Cor Blimey!) but otherwise I couldn't be happier with it. Highly recommended if you liked DQ8 on PS2.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

ChocNitty posted:

If you're playing on the iPhone/iPod Touch, the Logitech Powershell is pretty good, and it's price has been reduced to $50.

The cheapest non connected controller for iPad that is good, is the $80 SteelSeries Stratus.

There were a bunch of promising controllers showcased at E3. Might be best to wait until they hit the market.

But so far it seems like the gamers on TouchArcade who are already playing it don't seem to have an issue with the touch controls.

Thanks for this, I was thinking about asking after MFI controllers myself - I haven't seen any discussion in here regarding them in quite a while. I loathe virtual d-pads so there are a number of games I'd like to play, but have been avoiding, while I wait for some more hands-on verdicts for MFI controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Is there a definitive list of games on sale for the holiday weekend? I saw the post on TouchArcade but there's only like a dozen games listed; I would think there would be a lot more on sale.

• Locked thread