Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Rayman Jungle Run (US) Codes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
How do you get clay in the Blockheads? I found a pool that had plenty of limestone and sandstone, but no clay.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

FlashBangBob posted:

Clay look like Flint (found in the ground, not stone level) but are grey instead of black.
Ah that was it, thanks.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Sword and Poker 2 is a fantastic game. Glad to see it's back.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
What do the red gems do in Slayin? Just used for purchases way later in the game or something?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

SquadronROE posted:

Wait, where are you seeing you can unlock all the parts?
Once you're past the training, go into any of the mission and hit the "..." at the bottom. That brings up the IAP store.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat, hit a bug in Ace Patrol and lost all of my progress. I destroyed a train and rather than fighting to finish the map I flew a guy to the edge of the screen to escape. This brought up a combination of the the victory screen (wide shot where your planes fly away) plus the current pilot portraits, minus the portait of the guy who flew away. I could click on the portraits for my one pilot left on the field and the two enemy pilots, and see their moves, etc, but I couldn't click anywhere or move to the post-game. Force-quitting and "resume last game" brought me back to the split-second before the guy flies off the map and the thing locks up again. Nothing left to but start a new campaign. Oh well.

It's a pretty fun game regardless though.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Det_no posted:

It was just one on one I think. There was nothing fancy on the ring or anything. And I am using the buttons but not quite sure what to do when I'm trying to get someone to tap out or how to pin.
Press T to pin. I think your opponent has to be "out" on the ground, and not in some kind of semi-recovery state.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
My first impression of Dead Alive was also "but you can't see what's coming", but after playing for a bit it's not that bad. You don't want to be going balls out fast anyway most of the time it seems.

I can't seem to finish the "jump 3 cars" mission though. I know you need to land on top of the cars to get credit, but I just never seem to see enough 'ramp->car' combos to make it happen. edit: of course as soon as I post about it I get it on my next run.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 28, 2013

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Scurvy Scallywags is a really fun match-3. I like the multi-directional sliding of the board that happens. It's got a pretty neat style to it as well.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
FFT: One if the easier way to level JP is to have their secondary ability be the squire's fundamentals and simply have them cast focus every turn. Haste and plus speed on them when you can for extra turns. Might not be all that effective with regard to the fight, but it will rack up points easy enough.

edit:

bunnielab posted:

I played FFT on Playstation and like half way through on Gameboy and none of this poo poo seems familiar at all, like totally some moon language. Is this a different game entirely?
I went from FFT on PSX to FFT on iOS. It's like 95% the same game. I'm fairly sure most of the changes happened in the PSP version though.

Some of the story dialogue is a little different. Many of the skills and abilities have new names (eg, Blade Grasp -> Shirahadori). They added the Dark Knight and Onion Knight classes. But all of the mechanics and such are the exact same.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 14, 2013

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

chanza posted:

Scurvy Scallywags just went free. It's a nice twist on the match 3 genre. You should get it!

http://appshopper.com/games/scurvy-scallywags
So has anyone gotten far in this? How did you spent your points / what's your general strategy? So far I seem to do best just dumping everything in power.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

io_burn posted:

I'm not sure it's possible for me to be more disappointed with this port. :(
Agreed. Many of the games just seem to control like rear end on the iPad. Then all of the pauses for loading screens and changing areas and what not. Ugh.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

SpookyLizard posted:

What is Puzzle and Dragons exactly? I assummed it was some sort of pay2win game with some sort of big paywall/timers kind of thing because of how much goddamn money it makes.
It's not pay2win - it's more like pay-2-collect-all-of-the-pokemon-esq-monsters. Throw in a little gem-matching, some evolution/upgrade elements, and boom, you have a game that somehow just prints money.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Kaizoku posted:

PAD chat: Okay, so in my ~75th reroll, I got lvl 30 Baal. Why can't I put her in my team?
You have a maximum "team cost limit" that is based on your level (and scales accordingly). That monster probably costs more than you can afford at the moment.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Warlords is no Warlords 2 (GREETINGS WARLORD), but it's still a good trip down nostalgia lane.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The sheer deviousness of Candy Crush is amazing. I installed it on my phone a week or so ago (did not connect it to facebook), and at its core, the game play is pretty fun. It's basically a Bejeweled puzzle mode with a whole lot of levels. The strategy isn't any more complex than any other match-3, you look for the "Ls" the connect-fours and connect-fives. The sliminess of the game is noticeable pretty quickly though. The 'lives' aren't really the problem, I feel like they refill fast enough that you can play for a poop and when you come back in a short while you'll have full lives again. It's more of the artificial difficutly that the game imposes on you, combined with the way that it pushes the IAP in your face.

Let's say you have a board that you need to clear 20 specific spots on and get your score past a minimum point. The problem comes with the fact that it's a completely random board, so you might need to get matches on the bottom of the board, but your only plays at the top. Oh and you have to complete the level in less than 20 moves. Frequently you'll end up being either one move shy from finishing a level - OH HEY HOW ABOUT FIVE MORE TURNS FOR 99 CENTS?? Every 20 or so levels you'll reach a new area, but to unlock that area you either have to spam your friends, finish three 'quest' missions where once you finish one you have to wait 24 hours to attempt the next quest, or HEY HOW ABOUT UNLOCKING THIS AREA For 99 CENTS??? If you're not paying you're basically stuck playing the levels over and over again until you get just the right starting board or first couple of good drops/specials to clear a level.

As someone who loves Bewjeweled, it's painful to see what they've done to the 'genre'. I bet EA wishes they thought of it years ago though when everyone was playing the crap out of the original Bejeweled.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Warlords is back up to $5, apparently it was only free for a day. :arghfist::(

Doesn't allow save-scumming either which is kind of bullshit because that's half the fun in single player since losing a dozen heroes/wizards/dragons to a couple spearmen in a castle is dumb.
Good thing I picked it up. Surprisingly the interface isn't all that bad on an iPhone. What sucks is there is no save state for when you close the app and the phone pushes the app out of memory. I think you need to go to the main menu to force the game to save your spot. I lost about 30 turns from playing yesterday.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Make it like Pocket Frogs where you can breed the characters together!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
In Marvel PQ, be careful that different starred character covers have different moves. I got one of the two-star Storms, and just sold off my starter Storm. That's when I learned they only share one ability I think (whoops).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

he1ixx posted:

Is anyone playing the new update for New Star Soccer? There are some interesting changes (headers, agents, trainers, full size screen on newer phones and more) and it's still soooo addictive.
Some of the things are pretty cool. I like the headers, the pressure of having a guy run at you to line up your shot/pass, and the increased speed of things based on your opponents strength.

But I don't like how your skills regress and how they nerfed (for lack of a better word) your energy recovery between matches. Maybe with the new homes that you can buy, you can get it back up to a point where you'll recover 100% of your energy after every match.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Tilt to Live 2 is pretty neat. I like the new weapons that I've seen so far. I've seen about four different bosses, which is pretty cool for variety. What I don't like is that it doesn't appear as though you can rotate your phone around - I don't like holding my phone with the headphone sticking out of the right side.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
In Tower of Fortune 2, does Insurance carry over into more than one game? What about the Mascot? At first I thought that your Equipment Slots carry over, but clearly that's not the case. But the upgrades in your camp do. And gold does as well. The could be a little bit more clear about what carries over from life to life.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Just finished the main story in [b]Card City Nights[b] - what a fantastic game. Totally nails that Triple Triad feeling - someone mentioned Sword & Poker and I can see the comparison there as well. I used a 25-card 100% attack deck which as I went along developed mostly around fast attack combos and Mama & Son DX as my legendary of choice. Most matches were pretty quick and you could just go straight for someones face and win within 6-7 turns. I think the only opponent I had to really focus on disabling was the Bouncer's massive amounts of defensive cards. Took two tries on the next to last guy but I was able beat the last boss 3-1 in my first attempt. A+, would play again.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I really like the deck feature of Pocket Miner. My only beef with the game, before and after the recent update, is that the IAP character are so drat expensive. I'd totally drop a buck or two to get a new character, but each one (with a skill) is basically $10 a piece.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

The Hebug posted:

There's an option in Dragon Coins to turn her off on the loading screen.

Whatever that means is up to you.
What's really funny is there is an option to run her off, but when you flip it to off and press back, it automatically turns itself back on. Same thing with Push Notifications. Changing those options doesn't actually do antying. Turning sound off works fine though, which is hilarious. Two other things that really annoy me about Dragon Coins is the constant loading screen and the fact that other people sending you friend requests fill up your friend slots. It's no PAD, but it's alright otherwise for that kind of gatcha game.

I really wish that poker one would come out. Sword & Poker plus PAD? Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
In Deep Loot (which is awesome btw) - is there a specific thing to look for to find an Oil Refinery? I need to blow up a power source, and I've never even seen one. Easy reward my butt.

• Locked thread