Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Voodoo posted:

Rayman Jungle Run (US) Codes:

Grabbed LLTA97etc. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is The Room good enough to buy twice, or should I hold off until I get an iPad?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bummey posted:

You know, Rayman Jungle Run is good and all, but in no way is it the best game of the year. It's waaay too fiddly and exacting to get 100% on most of these levels and more often than not I find myself quitting out in frustration afte missing a bouncer by a hair and getting speared by a thorn 20 times in a row. Gross.

Enviro-Bear GOTY 20XX

It's frigging GORGEOUS, though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Rogue and Nethack both have available iOS versions if you wanna just skip the middleman. You can also try 100 Rogues, which is (or was) glitchy as hell but still fun enough to slog through.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Someone mentioned slot machines a while ago which got me to thinking. There's plenty of boring slot machine simulators but are there any fruit machine simulators? As in the proper ones, with the feature boards. I love playing those but they're just too bloody expensive at the pub these days so an iPhone (or hell, PC) fruit machine game would be amazing.

I dunno, but I've been playing a game called Coin Dozer that scratches the hell out of that same kind of itch. You get 40 coins to play a virtual coin pusher, there's prizes and upgrades (don't sell your prizes holy bajebus getting sets of stuff gets you crazy bonuses), a shake button, weirdo special coins, and the only downsides are the regen rates are a bit poo poo and it's kind of ad-heavy. Free though, totally worth a try.

edit: Oh yeah, and leveling. It's silly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

concerned mom posted:

What do you guys think about the graphics and general updatedness of Temple Run 2?

If it was available outside of NZ I'd tell you...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
At least the camera doesn't swoop when you slide anymore. Ugh.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

IncendiaC posted:

If you haven't already played them, any of the good Kairosoft games, 10000000, and KoDP can make time fly quickly. 10000000 alone can easily burn 3 hours while the Kairosoft games will occupy you for just as long if not longer.

I'd also recommend not playing through all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead at once. That game is really heavy stuff. At the very least break up each episode with an hour or two of light gaming.

Was it just me or is the Walking Dead on iOS kind of missing something, graphically? The lighting and texture work seemed a lot simpler than when I played it on 360, and I may just pick it up for that or the PC down the line if that's the case.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I keep wanting to like Agent Dash, but is there a way to make the gem collecting a little less grindy? I can generally get to Jungle 2 or Lab 2 before dropping and even with slow mo and gem attack I can't make enough back to justify those crappy boosts they keep trying to push on me every time I restart.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Why take Slo Mo? It's been a while since I played but it seems like the only use for it is during the shooting parts, and that doesn't (didn't?) count towards getting gems.

I'd take no boosts or maybe just Gem Attack as boosts, and farm gems that way.

Just playing around with it honestly. I noticed it got cheaper the second time through, but even then none of them are really worth it. The handout rate of gems in this is kinda painfully slow. :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Toebone posted:

It's not a very good game.

I'm noticing. It's pretty in a way that reminds me of Crash Bandicoot for reasons I'm not quite sure of, and someone in here said it was better than Temple Run I think, so apparently they were wrong. I'll probably keep plodding along every so often but it's a shame it's not a little more fun to do so.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hit a point in Coin Dozer where I literally can't get down to zero coins, I'm at 1300 and counting, so uh, I think I beat the game? Anyone have any recommendations for something stupid to play like this?

If any Simpsons bros wanna add me, my ID is dewgstrom. :3:

And is it possible to have Slotomania friends without scumming Facebook? It's fun to play some slots every now and again but it sucks not being able to use or get free spins and crap like that. (And gently caress paying for coins, they might get a dollar when I've been playing it for a billion hours, but their IAP is way too scummy to feel good about it.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bummey posted:

If you want to list off some recent game purchases I can point out a few that you can feel more ashamed for buying. You know, to wash off that DDR shame. :)

It's not DDR shame, it's DDR phone port shame. Similar to DDR LCD game shame, which I've seen people go through since they're rare and expensive but really lovely.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Davincie posted:

Anything I should know about Infity Blade before I play it? I went ahead to what I assume is the boss and died horribly before starting bloodline 2 but the game seems slightly more complicated then the average ipod game and I never trust a game where you can pick what stats to level.

If you pick "reset bloodline" and lose the tutorial (whiff the block by tapping instead of holding, might take a bit), the game goes negative and gives you a crazy powerful weapon and tons of cash per fight.

You have to reset again to get it to start counting up or change equipment though. Try to get to at least -10, that'll unlock the cool negative equipment to buy in the store.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 17, 2013

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

More of us than I thought. Thanks!

HD's free too if you have an iPad!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS POST

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 1, 2013

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Funso Banjo posted:

I don't think an exploit built into software can be illegal, can it?

It's pretty obviously a glitch rather than like, abusing an existing in-game system. (It ends up giving you negative premium currency, which lets you spend it infinitely. Not the same as getting shitloads of the currency.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ahmeni posted:

It was $1 for Punch Quest and Pixel People?

e: and I want to say pocket planes too but I'm not sure they had one?

PQ went up to two bucks eventually I think. Still not a bad deal though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Just had a crash on high scores as well right after the first stage, iPad 4, 6.1.2 jailbroken.

However I don't care, this game is adorable, all of the ingame text is making me smile, and I love it. :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dvlos posted:

I guess as everyone is reporting, Jones on Fire - leaderboard check crashed on my iphone and Ipad :/

Also how is Jones a girl firefighter.. she has no.. you know...

Distinguishing physical features whatsoever?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kheldarn posted:

I'm not quite sure what button you mean. The App Icon? From the screen, or that shows up when I double press the Home/Action/Whatever Apple calls it button? I've tried both options for the icon, and nothing.

If I double press the Home button, then hold it, it brings up Voice Control.

I'm on an iPod 4G running iOS 6.1, jailbroken.

Yeah, I have TestFlight for PunchQuest, and get Sandbox for it. I logged out, and even deleted the PQ profiles, and nope.

It's odd, because other games work just fine with Gamecenter. For example, I just installed Puzzle & Dragons about 2 weeks ago, and it's tracking Achievements just fine.

As a matter of fact, I just signed out of GC, rebooted my iPod, and loaded up P&D. It asked me to sign in to GC, and then showed me the Welcome Back, Kheldarn! GC banner. Went in to Jones, and nothing. Tapped on GC, and was told I'm not signed in. Signed out of GC, loaded up Jones, and was again told I'm not signed in, no option to sign in.

Also, a quick question: Does Jones not connect to the Twitter app to Tweet scores? Or was using Safari only for the first time, since I had to authorize it?

Double tap the home button from your home screen, then press and hold on the icon, then remove it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Duranki posted:

K6JJRFF4JYTE

Thanks!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hey Shalinor, I just saw Kotaku pop up in my Google Reader featuring a big picture of Jones on Fire. Keep us posted on those kitty metastats. :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I'm noticing a little stutter in my Jones on Fire as well (iPad 4), though to my eyes it just seems like your camera is a little jittery when it moves, even though the framerate keeps up. It's probably less noticeable on a smaller screen.

Edit: just left you guys a review, and i think i found the best app review ever on your game

The rational guy posted:

Great game, fun and easy. But did Megan Fox REALLY code, develop and do the 3D artwork for this game? If so that makes this game SOOO much hotter! XD

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 9, 2013

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

heiden posted:

Gave Jones on Fire a try but the only thing they seemed to have put much effort into is setting up the IAP scheme, everything else seems lazily done - why even put out something like this in the wake of a great endless runner like PunchQuest, to cash in on the genre hype?

It's a polished up and completed gamejam game, its not really supposed to be very complex.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kazy posted:

So I should buy the 9 Lives thing while I can? :ohdear:

Also what are Bushes? There's missions saying I should charge them but they usually unlock immediately after my next run. So I don't know if the tops of fallen trees are bushes or what.

Bushes are those crunchy things under the logs you have to slide through.

Also curious about the nine lives deal, I really like this game. :ohdear:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I can understand, asking people to pay upfront and THEN having no topcap for IAP would feel kind of scummy to me too.

What you should do is fix the price, then make big IAP packs down the line. I'd pay a buck for a hundred kitty hats or new levels or music or something silly like that. :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

cname posted:

Any experiences with Mechwarior for iPhone? Is it worth a look, or stupid?

She won't let me. She says it costs money, because nothing is free. It will show up on her cell phone bill, at the end of the month.

No it shows up as an iTunes purchase, not on the cell phone bill.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hey Nimbledudes: I was wondering if there was any way I could get a copy of the tablature or something from the Dizzypad music, since I just bought a banjo and I love that freaking song. Also, what happened to the Get Out frog?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

eeenmachine posted:

I don't even know where we bought the song it was so long ago. Sorry.

drat. Well what about the secret Get Out frog? Or am I just doing it wrong after a long time of not playing it?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shwqa posted:

Mystic Quest :colbert:

Having just beaten Mystic Quest (check that one off the list), I'll say this: It sure as hell has some of the best music.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Nimble Quest is good, and it's good in the way I don't have to wait for like Tiny Tower.

You bastards.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

goferchan posted:

The only other control scheme I could maybe see working would be "tap anywhere on the left side of the screen to turn counter-clockwise, tap anywhere on the right side to turn clockwise"-- at least I'd stop trying to swipe 180-degree direction changes that don't work.

Shouldn't work, honestly. You'd slam your lead hero right into the one behind him if that worked. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

jerkstore77 posted:

It's unreal how much people spend on freemium "MMOs". I play Crime City fully realizing I'll never amount to much because I don't buy much in the way of IAP. There are people according to the game's forums who get the top prize in each weekly event. Doing this normally costs about $200 in premium currency per event.

Whaling is way more lucrative than phishing, and legal. God help us if the Nigerians ever learn to code properly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Funkmaster General posted:

Well, you could twist it to mean that in five years tablets will be irrelevant in the same sense that regular phones quickly became irrelevant once smartphones became affordable. Pretty clearly not the intention of the quote, but at least it makes more sense.

I think it's more that RIM has their heads up their rear end and have for a good while. They make good business class hardware but have no loving clue when it comes to consumer electronics.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

absolutely anything posted:

I just checked my updates tab in the App Store and what the hell happened to Luna Bears. Why did they angry Kirby it. Why am I getting flashbacks to the western version of Ristar. Help

Y'know, this is strangely upsetting. :smith:

At least give me an eyebrow toggle in the options menu!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shalinor posted:

At least the eyebrows go neutral when he sleeps :unsmith:

And the Valentine's special version is untouched!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Funkmaster General posted:

What does bug me is that this is how it always works out. You're never in a situation where you can prove your defendant is innocent without also proving someone else did it, you never end up defending someone who actually did it, etc. Every case is essentially the same, and it's not helped at all by the fact that you literally see exactly what happened, usually including the killer's face before every single case. The other big fault I find with the series is that you so often know exactly what's going on when your character doesn't, and as such can't act on it correctly, which is more of a problem with adventure games in general. I don't mean like by you having advance knowledge of the plot, but rather the cases where you're able to put two and two together and come to a conclusion but you can't make Phoenix just out with it until someone else tells him, or you have to do so in a weird way.

It's big spoilers to point out what but you're incredibly wrong about one of your points in here, and having played the games you should feel ashamed because it was one of the best cases.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Spoiler involves the second half of the third game, so explains why you don't know what I'm talking about! You'll enjoy it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Are the screenshots for FF Tactics in the store from the update? I mean it's nice if it runs smoother but I don't see much of a change if that's it.

• Locked thread