Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Just finished Machinarium for the ipad and wow, what a great little adventure game!

Next on deck, in no particular order, is Bastion, The Walking Dead, The Room, and Baldur's Gate. There's so many great games out there that I don't know what to play next.

What was the old thread's consensus on Horn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Uplink was a crash course in ios speed typing. Fun game but could have used some tweaks to make it more touch screen friendly.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Pray For Death posted:

IGN is promoting Horn as their free game of the month. Free codes for 40 countries.

Thanks for the heads up on this! This has been on my wishlist for awhile now but lately I've been sinking my app budget into music stuff.

Also pretty hyped about some games coming out this year. Gemini Rue, X-Com, Broken Age, Oceanhorn, even Exiles seems interesting but I have a hard time trusting that developer after playing Aralon.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Bummey posted:

Has anyone had trouble with the new appshopper app lately? No matter what I do, my wishlist and owned tabs will not load, they're just blank white. Deleting and reinstalling doesn't even work.

"My Apps" is stuck loading. Everything else works fine. Hopefully this is nothing and it will fix itself by the morning.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

I had an urge to play Minecraft after the update last week but I wanted something more. Something with caves, electric devices, a larger world, and caves. So I bought SurvivalCraft to see if it lived up to the hype.

To make a short story shorter, MC:PE doesn't reside on my ipad anymore.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

I don't normally download worlds from the SurvivalCraft community section, but I grabbed a few the other day for a laugh. Most were terrible, as you can imagine. Then I found one called something like "biggest elevator and sky deck". Now I know how to build a functioning elevator from just trapdoors and some electrics. Even without pistons (yet) there are some clever people making very clever stuff.

I don't either but I just downloaded that one after reading your post and I must say, impressive.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Could I solicit opinions on Survivalcraft, especially how it stacks up against MCPE?

Sure! Survival Craft is great. It has caves, infinite worlds, electricity, a wide variety of animals including werewolves, downloadable community content, boating, and islands in the ocean.

On the other hand, Minecraft PE has online play, fantasy mobs (zombies,etc), and...the Minecraft brand name.

They're both solid games and there is much more to compare than what I wrote above. Its just that Survival Craft is much more expansive with a greater sense of exploration. Minecraft seems to turn into a constant battle of zombies and creepers spawning in your house and no caves means strip mining all the time. If I had to choose one I would choose Survival Craft.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

duckfarts posted:

How is XCOM for iPhone? I remember they removed some stuff from it vs the PC version, but I couldn't find what it was.

XCOM on my phone quickly drains the battery and makes the phone hot and that worries me a little. Also, the scaled down size bothered me after I had played it on the ipad. It's technically playable on the phone, but I personally didn't enjoy it. XCOM on the ipad however is great and I play it all the time on that.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Draile posted:

There's talk about it both on the touch arcade forums and the Baldur's Gate official forums: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216011&page=17 and http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29183/getting-insta-killed-in-circus-tent.

I had to restart because I had no way of dealing with a swarm of instant-death werewolves. I found a workaround on the second attempt. The werewolves are illusions, so if you skip the quest until you have Keldorn, he can true sight them away before they reach you and kill you.

Thanks for the heads up on this and the workaround :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

osietra posted:

Mines of Mars...
I can't dig up. Seriously wtf.
Yeah I had the same reaction as well. Is Junk Jack or
Terraria like that also?

• Locked thread