Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Speaking of Mass Effect: Infiltrator, EA is having a slot machine promotion on their site. You're guaranteed to win an app every time. You can spin once a day. I've won Tetris and ME from it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

:siren:Mutant Mudds is currently free.:siren:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's supposed to be a Trism sequel coming out very soon too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bummey posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :stare: Color me interested

Yeah and it's going to add RPG elements.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/08/new-details-on-trism-2-emerge-potentially-coming-this-summer/

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here's a bunch of promo codes for Puzzlejuice for you guys: http://codehookup.com/0819deda

EDIT: All claimed!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 27, 2013

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That graphics update for Final Fantasy Tactics is finally out. No iPhone 5 support though. :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Final Fantasy Dimensions is also worth checking out if you like older Final Fantasy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coldrice posted:

Hey guys my first ever game just hit the market today:

https://itun.es/us/46VqN.i

It's COMPLETELY free. It's called bitcrobes- it's a microorganism game. Kinda like physics based pacman with upgrades. Even if you just download it then delete it after 1 minute I'd still feel good that you took the time to play my little game.

Reminds me of Cubivore. That's a good thing. I'll make sure to leave a review.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How is XCOM on iPhone 5? Is it really playable or should I wait to play it on an iPad?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP also just went free. Is there a reason all these games are free today?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Helmacron posted:

EDIT2: NEW WALKING DEAD "400 DAYS" AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

Everytime I download this and try to buy episodes, it says coming soon for each one. I've deleted and reinstalled the game 4 times and the same issue. Maybe it's because I'm jailbroken? Anyone else having this issue? I want to buy these. :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress me, it's an episode within Walking Dead. Does any of the decisions from the original chapters carry over to this or is it stand-alone? I deleted it after I finished it and well not that I would complaint (much) about having to play it again but I'd like to know.

Actually, it does take import your save from the original. It's nothing big though, just a few dialogue changes and one other thing I won't spoil.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The emulator is pretty terrible. GBA.emu is the best but that requires a jailbreak.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rio posted:

Now that the Gameboy Advance app is dead, it is worth mentioning that gba.emu loving rocks. It is vastly superior to the newly expired app, and so far seems pretty much flawless. Definitely jailbreak talk but just wanted to mention it since the other gba app is now unavailable.

All the .emu emulators awesome are amazing. They're literally the only reason I care about jailbreaking anymore.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 19, 2013

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

obi_ant posted:

I'm trying to play 400 Days on the iPhone and it doesn't seem to be available? I recently installed it again (after purchasing all the episodes and beating them) but everything simply says "coming soon". Any idea on how I can just download 400 days?

I had this issue too. The game is really weird and won't let you download episodes on certain wifi networks. Open the download screen on cellular data and it should be fixed, then you can reconnect to wifi and you can download normally.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are there any decent games similar to Brain Age on iOS?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mdemone posted:

Now I'm seriously thinking about registering a kickstarter for an iOS of the original SW:CCG. We should at least start a reminiscence thread; I had no idea so many of us used to play.

That would be amazing. I felt so proud of myself after finally figuring out how to play it when I was 9. I'd love a PC version at least.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Social Animal posted:

This looks good and it's 99 cents on the app store. Does it play well on phones or should I just grab it on steam?

Get it. I think it's actually better on iOS. I can't imagine playing it on a computer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Walking Dead Season 2 is out. It's a separate app so I'm wondering how it imports decisions from Season 1.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KOTOR is a bit cramped on my 5S but still perfectly playable if anyone was curious.

It blows my mind that both my favorite WRPG and JRPG (Chrono Trigger) are on my phone now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sonic 1, 2 and CD are all fantastic ports.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sonic 1, 2 and CD really are amazing. It's funny that arguably the best versions of these games are on iOS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

:siren:Skulls of the Shogun is currently free.:siren:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

petewhitley posted:

Namco released a couple of Brain Age clones a long time ago, featuring the same goofy doctor and the same general gameplay as the DS versions. They were never updated for retina or larger screens though so I had long since deleted them. Somehow or another I discovered the other day that they've both been fully updated for modern iOS devices. If anyone cares about that stuff (despite them basically being bullshit science, I love going through a few random tests every day) give them another go because they work/look great now.

Thanks for this. I was looking for a Brain Age clone. Which one would you recommend out of the two?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can even play WarioWare: Twisted! on it which uses the accelerometer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm guessing FTL is too complicated for play on an iPhone and is never coming to that?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

io_burn posted:

I've got no idea how they can shrink the UI to be playable on the iPhone. :\ Basically every button on screen is valuable.

Ah. That's one cool thing about the possibility of bigger iPhones is that some iPad only games could get ported over.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

loudog999 posted:

I bought Chrono Trigger to play on my iPad because I have never finished it. I know its an iPhone app, but I figured I could deal with it being a little fuzzy and it would look good enough to play on my Air. Now that I have it installed, it looks like garbage. It is not just blurry, there seems to be missing layers or something, I cant explain so here is a screenshot.

On my phone, Chrono is under the blanket at that point, on the iPad he is a garbled mess laying on top of the blankets. I am jailbroken and running 7.0.4. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

edit: Guess I should add that I have uninstalled reinstalled, tried a bunch of settings in Retinapad, and then uninstalled retinapad, nothing has made a difference.

iOS 7 broke the game. In the description it says an update is coming but it's said that for months so who knows when it'll finally be released.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

Are there any good Fire Emblem-esque games around? I saw one in particular that looked like a carbon copy of the GBA games, but that similarity also makes me wary.

Your best bet would be to play the GBA ones with GBA4iOS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pan Ache posted:

Has anyone had the experience of playing kero blaster on the phone and the pc? I'm definitely going to pick it up and wouldn't mind the $3 discount but if it feels better on PC I'll go for that.

I haven't played the iOS version but it's a pretty challenging platformer. I can't see it being that enjoyable on the phone with touch controls.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

io_burn posted:

If anyone is interested in writing for TouchArcade, shoot me a PM. As far as I know we pay higher than anyone else doing mobile reviews. So, if you like both money and free video games and can write coherent reviews (or news, or interviews, or other relevant content)... We can become best friends.

edit: Jeez what happened to the days where people without PLATINUM were SHAMED?!

Feel free to email if you don't have PM, eli@toucharcade.com

PM'd. I always wanted to report/write about video games for money.:v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really like the new interface in that pic but that's bullshit if they take the original app down.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good Puzzle Bobble clone? I know the official one is on the App Store but I'd prefer something with 4 inch screen support and universal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Max22 posted:

Last game I bought was Tilt to Live 2 and I'm going on a flight this week; what have I missed in say the last six months?

Get Threes!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JazzFlight posted:

'Secret of Mana' Receives Huge Update With Controller Support, Retina Graphics, And More
http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/18/secret-of-mana-update/

Wow, I never thought they'd update this. I'm glad when games add a nice widescreen border, it at least gives the illusion that it fills the whole display. Also, good to see they tweaked the annoying virtual stick and added MiFi controller support.

Hopefully they update Chrono Trigger too with Retina graphics. The Retina menus and text mixed with blurry graphics really messes with my eyes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heran Bago posted:

How's the Chrono Trigger port?

The menus and text are retina but everything else is not. The virtual controls are not the best. It's also over 500MB for some reason even though it doesn't include the anime cutscenes. It does include the translation and the new dungeons from the DS version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here's some promo codes for Threes!

WFJJA9FJ7X4Y

FX7R9MMMKJRY

9ENW4767M4HE

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jibo posted:

Is this a jailbreak only thing or what? Having trouble finding info on this.

It's not.

http://gba4ios.angelxwind.net/download/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gann Jerrod posted:

iOS is becoming the place for TCGs now: Pokemon TCG in the works for iPad.

This isn't the first time an official licensed Pokemon thing has appeared on the App Store, but this is the first game. Very interesting.

This is going to make so much money. It's funny that it made it to iOS before the 3DS or Wii U.

• Locked thread