Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

How Ingratiating! posted:

In reference to Tsuchigumo, the weapon description mentioned "ayakashi," and the character from Nura was described as "an ayakashi one must never encounter." The word "ayakashi" I think refers to his mask.

Ayakashi tends to be a catchall term for ghosts and monsters and demons and anything else that goes bump in the night and may or may not want to eat you in your first encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

B-but don't get the wrong idea! I just happen to be short on help, so I'm hiring you purely out of convenience. D-don't think I'll return the ship for your sake, Uncle!

Oh, here we go. She's a tsun... tsunde... she totally wants to pick Keroro up and hug him like a stuffed animal.

That might be the least terrible translation of that word I've ever seen.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

EphemeralToast posted:

:stare:

Well, that's... something.

I want to assume this was some kind of accident, because anime frogs from space are bound by logic to hate all human earthlings equally. (Not to mention it kind of doesn't make sense to name the whole planet after the Chinese)

I would assume the slur uses specific kanji whereas the name the aliens use, like anything anyone non-japanese says, is in katakana. Because you can't tell the difference nearly as easily when spoken, they changed it to avoid confusion from the homophone.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

All HP-draining dungeon hazards do more damage to Keroro, regardless of what kind of hazard they are.

Sounds like it's taking the 'standard'(?) gamer habit of having the party's in-story leader as the in-game leader, and kicking you in the pills for it. If you don't shuffle leaders around, you're also unlikely to ever even know you're being punished. A+, I approve.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Interesting. I've heard basically nothing but good things about the show, but 300+ episodes is an awful lot to stomach in the process of catching up, and in my experience, gag shows tend to start running/inside jokes early and lean on them heavily forever after. Is Sgt Frog usually the same in this regard, where I am not going to understand over half of what's going on if I just jump in on new content?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Huh, I just thought this LP got dropped in favor of this one.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Fair enough. (Also, we're close-ish to a new page, and could really use one...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

sunburnedcrow posted:

New Arte learned by Keroro is pure :allears: I hope we get a Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken.

...With who?

• Locked thread