Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
A Tales game... about anime frogs from space who want to take over the world. With giant mecha. And a pirate named Captain Frog.

It's MAGICAL. :magical:

Is that "In other words, [rephrase]?" supposed to be a recognizable verbal tic, like Japanese Valley Girl speak or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

It is in fact "Pokopen" in the Japanese manga! But not in the anime, as they call it "Pekopon" there, and in any Keroro books and merchandise not part of the original manga line (like this game). In Japanese, the word "pokopen" is actually a racist slur against the Chinese

:stare:

Well, that's... something.

I want to assume this was some kind of accident, because anime frogs from space are bound by logic to hate all human earthlings equally. (Not to mention it kind of doesn't make sense to name the whole planet after the Chinese)

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
The mermaids' treasure is a gun. You know, for firing underwater! This game continues to be magical.

I summon Dig Dug in revenge.

Magical. :allears:

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Oh good, so we can look forward to seeing Ms. Fanservice Boss again someday. :ughh:

I like her pet squid though, reminds me of Ultros.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

Namco really has a thing with dressing up their characters with its own games, doesn't it?

I remember being very confused by Presea's Klonoa costume in Tales of Symphonia.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
I'm glad this is back. Also, the raw meat was clearly safe in the volcano because the treasure chest was packed with ice. :colbert:

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
JRPG used MINI-GAME! It's super effective!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
This game is the silliest thing and I love it. :allears:

• Locked thread