Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

It is nearly 2013 and it is time for NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS. Post your resolutions, and this time next year we will dig this out of THE VAULT and see how we all did.

So, TGers, what do you plan for 2013?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Release Base Raiders on time and under budget.

Create more video content for Raillery and RPPR Video.

Write more fiction: part 2 of the Heretic Cycle, 1 zombie short ebook and 1 novel.

Run a followup Kickstarter for Base Raiders a supplement/sourcebook.

Redesign the RPPR network of sites give them all a consistent look and feel.

Swagger Dagger
Dec 13, 2010

You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate, only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural.

My resolution was to paint all the miniatures and play all the RPGs I bought via kickstarter in 2012, but then I did the math and realized that it's over 900 models, a lot of which I won't see until April-ish, so my new resolution is to get my Dreadball set painted by the time the Reaper stuff arrives, then paint all of the Reaper stuff by the end of the year. Maybe I'll do a progress blog.

That's not even getting into the RPGs, and Ogre's showing up at some point...

Let this be a cautionary tale about keeping track of the poo poo you're buying, I think some of those deals were more curse than blessing.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT THE KEYS TO KICKSTARTER SUCCESS

I intend to get all swole, so that we can form a circle of IRL Muscle Wizards. The Dong Wizards of SA.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

I want to finish the DB Exalted campaign I've been running for two years, and start up (with reading the book and running it "straight") an all-Solar game by the time 2013 is up.

Also, make a few more games, and have them be "completed" - rules complete and ready to be played.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade

My main goal is to have at least one full cube draft with my peasant cube. I've drafted up to six, but have yet to get a full pod's worth of players.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

try and stop my local RPG club from playing CthuluTech

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Yoshimo posted:

That is a worthy goal.

As for me, finish writing my powered by FATE Core RPG, then sort out the whole Kickstarter thing so I can afford to pay for art and printing and such.

Lemon Curdistan
Aug 6, 2009

Yoshimo posted:

I hope you succeed.

As for me:

- actually make Robot Masters happen.
- possibly release some new DW content.

It's a short list so I don't fail miserably.

Also, happy new year since it's 41 minutes past in the One True Timezone.

AlphaDog
Sep 27, 2004

Destroyer of Hardware

GM more Dresden Files. Buy fatecore and do a deadlands game with it. Play more FATE in general.

Finish at least one of the homebrew games I'm sporadically working on.

More shitfaced Carcasonne and Dixit.

Play Red Dragon Inn as an IRL drinking game.

Stop getting angry about dungeons and dragons.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm going to finish my campaign.

We will play it.

We will play it.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

Find Lord Lucan.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Gonna win a TG design contest and make, then finish, a fantasy heartbreaker.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

MadRhetoric posted:

Gonna win a TG design contest and make, then finish, a fantasy heartbreaker.

Gonne run a TG design cont-oh wait.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?

Be angrier about elfgames.

Also Happy New Year you loving nerds.

Tatum Girlparts
Sep 8, 2011

More like Tantrum Girlparts!
I can't be smug if I never stop whining.

I think I want to start legitimately caring about verisimilitude in a magic elf game, to the point of running entire campaigns that are glorified nature documentaries where the goal is to record the winter habits of Owlbears. Do they hibernate? Do they still hunt? We'll find out.

For a more realistic goal I plan to actually do something with these piles of unfinished RPG ideas I have, and maybe finally paint up all my tiny plastic monster barbies. Also I may wanna get back into Warhammer, but that's not so much a resolution as a doom omen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Still totally okay with this situation.

I'd like to smoke a cigar with John Tarnowski.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Bear Witness

I'd like to see one of my threads through to completion.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

There are innumerable ways in which I can stop you.

Complete the game I've been working on for the last couple months and show it to someone.

Kickstart that game so my dreams can become reality.

Join a goon design contest and actually take a place, even third or runner-up or whatever.

Join a goon campaign, I haven't been in a legit long campaign in months.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Oath more minis. I probably won't make January, February is iffy, but after that should be full steam ahead, and in March I should be getting my Reaper kickstarter haul in, so I'll have a lot of material to work on.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Glitterbomber posted:

I think I want to start legitimately caring about verisimilitude in a magic elf game, to the point of running entire campaigns that are glorified nature documentaries where the goal is to record the winter habits of Owlbears. Do they hibernate? Do they still hunt? We'll find out.

Is it wrong that I want to see a fantasy comic from that point of view, but an epic plot (like the LOTR novels) are happening in the background and the main character just doesn't care?

gently caress, I need to actually use Robert the Shrubber in a game at some point for just that reason...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?

Okay, serious answers:

Finish the frigging Rules Cyclopedia review for F&F.

Review "Untamed Youth" for the thread, since I told the author I'd do that about a year ago.

Actually finish writing a gaming project and get it published via Funhaver or something.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Continue winning at board games with my friends, despite the fact that I have no idea what I am doing.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Break $15,000 in gross profits with Lee's Lists.

Have a baby (my contribution is done).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

mumblecrew

Take the time to properly figure out why opened ended "story" board games like Everyone Is John just don't do it for me, put those thoughts to paper/internet, and use the insight to help a friend fix a game like that he's been meaning to design.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Distinguishing Features:
Expensive and gaudy
clothes, overweight, and
a scruffy beard.

At some point, own zero unpainted miniatures including those that came with board games.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Get my gaming groups arse in gear and finally play all the games I bought last year but still haven't run.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

I am gettin' published. In some format or another. Gonna do it this year, hell yeah.

Also, just to let you know I ain't changed, more fruity homebrews.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I am going to play a game of Titan and finish painting my Saga warband. High hopes!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Organize (and participate in) a 10-game yearlong tournament for Twilight Imperium for my friends. I also still need to figure out a prize!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

Try to get around to GMing a published Pathfinder campaign in preparation to GMing a Champions/M&M/GURPS Supers game (Pulpy WWII-themed poo poo, gently caress yeah! Nazi Werewolves, Aztec Mummies and guys with Art-Deco jetpacks!) to try and get some of the regulars in my city to play something other than high fantasy. If I get my head around GURPs, I could also jam some Space Opera down their throats, too.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Heh. Heh. Heh.
Four hehs.

Finish my novel and at least get reponses from publishes (almost done )

Make an RPG for funsies.

Ban at least five goons from RPG.net.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Heya teach. Sorry I'm late.
The trip over was murder.

I am going to revive my 4e game!

I am going to finish my novel!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I'm gonna get some warmahordes painted. I want to field 50 points completely based+painted by the end of the year. Plus a Judicator.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Either online or in person, GM at least one session of something.

Take one of those piles of notes I've got lying around and finish a homebrew game. Even if its only a couple pages of rules.

Buy more games.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?

Lose weight.

Wrap up the first plot arc of the game I've been running for forever and a day now and finally move onto the second.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Actually play in a game.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pacific Command

1) Try and introduce more people to gaming.
2) Use some of those new systems I have now (or have kickstarted) [current list : Tremulous, Trail of Cthulhu, nWOD & Base Raiders.]
3) Actually run the lovecraftian spinoff from my War in the Pacific LP thread.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Distinguishing Features:
Expensive and gaudy
clothes, overweight, and
a scruffy beard.

I plan to have enough miniatures painted that my friends can play games with me, customizing their own armies, without owning a single mini of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etherwind
Apr 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3738 days!

Sure, I'll bite.
  • Get back into shape. I've really let myself go the past few years.
  • Win Thunderdome at least once / make Sitting Here proud.
  • Work on the material I've got in mind for publication, and get it out there on digital publishing.
  • Finish my post-apocalyptic survival horror campaign of Vampire: the Requiem, and do so in a way that the players find memorable.
  • Finish my campaign of Legend of the Five Rings, and make the ending believably follow the arc of the player characters.
  • Give my new Seers of the Throne game a decent run.
  • After finishing Vampire: the Requiem, start work on a game of Promethean: the Created.
  • Maybe get married? Priorities, priorities.
That's enough to be getting on with.

«4 »