Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Siddle, Pattinson, Starc and Bird I like. With Pat Cummins waiting in the wings.

Your pace attack isn't really that good. I'd take Australia's at full strength. Especially what we have coming through.

lol out loud. the persiflage is strong with this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Can't wait for Steve Smith to rise and take his rightful place at the right hand of Clarke.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

I'd take either of the English spinners over Lyon. Hell I'd be drat tempted to bowl four quicks outside of the subcontinent because they only use Lyon in a holding role which can be done by Clarke/Warner/Khawaja (if he gets picked to replace Huss) or Maxwell if Watson ends up dying of injuries.

I love Lyon but he's gonna do stuff all in England you'd have to think. Holding patterns are p underrated though, Warner should bowl more but I doubt Clarke will bowl much out of fear of doing his back.

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.
Batting is so easy for Clarke

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I thought Clarke was physically incapable of batting above 5

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PTizzle posted:

I love Lyon but he's gonna do stuff all in England you'd have to think. Holding patterns are p underrated though, Warner should bowl more but I doubt Clarke will bowl much out of fear of doing his back.

I hate Lyon. He bowls too fast. He is like a twenty20 cricketer in a test side. Waste of a position.

The job of any bowler should be to take wickets first and foremost. I mean not to leak runs like McGain did against the saffies but wickets should be their only real goal.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Lionel RichTea posted:

I thought Clarke was physically incapable of batting above 5

He's willing to move up if it means he has more juicy useless bowling options to tinker with.

I hate Lyon. He bowls too fast. He is like a twenty20 cricketer in a test side. Waste of a position.

The job of any bowler should be to take wickets first and foremost. I mean not to leak runs like McGain did against the saffies but wickets should be their only real goal.

I like Lyon because I was getting pretty loving tired of playing a new spinner every second test. He does bowl way too fast but he's good enough for now, plus he cleans up the tail very well which our fast bowlers are often incapable of.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Clarke would walk in to every england side that has ever existed.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Noooooooo!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I'm actually a bit worried that herath might rip through the line up. Its not deep, its fragile, the pitch is drying out and spinning.

Good call on the toss Clarke you maniac.
We would deserve it for this team selection to be honest

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh for fucks sake

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Michael Clarke gives not one single minute gently caress about the retiring champion

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Hussey :(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why the gently caress was someone rubbing Karunaratne's earlobe after that run out?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It keeps the brain cool.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is a question for NZ goons specifically. I have heard two separate references to Auckland scoring 12 runs off 1 ball remaining this year (against ND?) but I cannot find anything about this incident online. Anyone know what match this could be referring to?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mister Chief posted:

This is a question for NZ goons specifically. I have heard two separate references to Auckland scoring 12 runs off 1 ball remaining this year (against ND?) but I cannot find anything about this incident online. Anyone know what match this could be referring to?

Is that even possible? This is the first I've heard about it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Travis Birt hit 20 runs off 1 delivery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeUUuvDUPw 6, no-ball 6, no-ball 6 (watch it, its ridiculous. baseball shots).

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
e: holy poo poo :lol: ^^^^

Vagabundo posted:

Is that even possible?

I can only think a no-ball or quite literally the most awful fielding in cricket history (4 all run, overthrows another 4 all run, another overthrow for four)

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 4, 2013

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The ball lost in long grass and 12 all run while they tried to find it

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

How did Sydney escape this heatwave? It's even 42 degrees in Hobart (that must be their highest ever?)

e: Has international cricket ever been cancelled for it literally just being way too loving hot?

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 4, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

I think it would have been a no ball six followed by another six. I saw someone asking robelinda2 to upload it and the commentators were alluding to it during the Aces vs Firebirds game.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

What a dumb shot Clarke. Here is allrounder Mitch Johnson.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Windmill Hut posted:

How did Sydney escape this heatwave? It's even 42 degrees in Hobart (that must be their highest ever?)

e: Has international cricket ever been cancelled for it literally just being way too loving hot?

Usually when Melbourne and/or Adelaide get smashed, Sydney cops it within a few days. BOM forecast for Tuesday is 38 (so if you live in the west or southwest it's going to be too hot to breathe), and 32 on Friday - hardly what they're copping but still, the heat will get here

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Hyperriker posted:

I can only think a no-ball or quite literally the most awful fielding in cricket history (4 all run, overthrows another 4 all run, another overthrow for four)

Pretty much what I had in mind as well.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
Johnson will save us

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Future Captain Mitchell Johnson responding well here.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

baked posted:

Johnson will save us

Save us from white washing Sri Lanka you mean

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
lol review a no-ball

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Windmill Hut posted:

Yep, hottest Hobart day on record :yotj:

I'm sure there must have been some tests in India that got to 45+. Didn't Dean Jones almost die from heat exhaustion or something during a test over there?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

dflanny posted:

Yep, hottest Hobart day on record :yotj:

I'm sure there must have been some tests in India that got to 45+. Didn't Dean Jones almost die from heat exhaustion or something during a test over there?

Yep, Allan Border called him a pussy and told him if he wasn't tough enough to stay in and bat he would get a real Australian to come in (or something like that)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

"If you can't hack it, let's get a tough Queenslander out here - get me Greg Ritchie!"

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It hit 50 in Sharjah in 2002. Bichel bowled 5 overs and needed a drip.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Straya trying to injure more Sri Lankans before the second innings.

e: there's probably an argument that MiJo was in the air, tumbling over the keeper as the bails were dislodged

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Cocksmith posted:

It hit 50 in Sharjah in 2002. Bichel bowled 5 overs and needed a drip.

Jesus. Bichel was fantastically fit, too.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

By those expectations I guess you're ruling out any Australian bowler then :smug:

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.
This is turning into a pretty good test match. It's going to be really difficult to bat against Herath on days 4 and 5.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
All Rounder

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

13. 0/58. All Rounder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008