Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
If Johnson had any decency he would walk out the SCG jump on a horse and gallop back to Western Australia never to be seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pig in the City posted:

13. 0/58. All Rounder

Bloody hell can Johnson ever string two games together where he is playing good cricket?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

You Am I posted:

Bloody hell can Johnson ever string two games together where he is playing good cricket?

This, but the entire Australian team.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seams posted:

This, but the entire Australian team.

Yeah, that's pretty true.

Siddle's now the new all rounder

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Nah it's good that Johnson is showing his true colours, less chance of him going to England.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Bandit Solution posted:

Well, none of England's other quicks average under 30 either.

Steve Finn averages 28.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

To be fair (grudgingly) he didnt bowl badly. And to be fair (again grudgingly) he hasn't been spraying crap all over the place in any game since he's been back.

Thankfully he'll be dropped when Pattinson is back. Bird's clearly quite good, Siddle is Siddle and Starc is clearly better than Johnson. And at some point Alister McDermott will also join the long line of good fast bowlers to play and Johnson will be carrying drinks.

And then there's also the long line of injured top level quicks to come back that are clearly better than Johnson. So dont sweat it.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Steve Finn averages 28.

Tremlett averages <27.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's nice to know there's a Test series coming up against New Zealand.
That way, England can give Broad a couple of games to see if he's going to un-poo poo himself and if he doesn't, we can just pick someone else for the Ashes.

I guess that means Anderson, Finn, Swann + Bresnan/Tremlett/Meaker as a four-man attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped out Finn for Meaker for the NZ series, just to see how he gets on, but the selectors might not want to risk an inexperienced bowler if Broad still isn't up to scratch.

newmalden
Dec 30, 2012

SHEFFIELD: SEX CITY

kingturnip posted:

It's nice to know there's a Test series coming up against New Zealand.
That way, England can give Broad a couple of games to see if he's going to un-poo poo himself and if he doesn't, we can just pick someone else for the Ashes.

I guess that means Anderson, Finn, Swann + Bresnan/Tremlett/Meaker as a four-man attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped out Finn for Meaker for the NZ series, just to see how he gets on, but the selectors might not want to risk an inexperienced bowler if Broad still isn't up to scratch.

Like you I'm worried about Broad, I hope being dropped makes the Rocky montage go off in his head and he sorts out whatever lingering mental or physical issues that have been affecting him. I can't see them swapping Finn for Meaker, they want Finn fit and firing. Meaker is one for the future but I'd be very surprised and worried if he plays an Ashes Test this summer. That would suggest injuryogeddon.

Tremlett's still at the 'We can rebuild him. We have the technology' stage at the moment. They want him back for the Australia leg of the Ashes but I doubt they'll rush him back for the English summer. If he's fit & taking wickets for Surrey I'd like to see him play, though. I love his forearms.

I'm new to posting here (see photo) but I think some of the Aussie regulars on here are too hard on their team. I think the Ashes will be a lot closer than some here are predicting. At the moment it feels like it all boils down to which side manages to keep their best bowlers fit: if England maintain grumpy Anderson & comedy tie Swann, who both bowled beautifully in India, keep Finn from falling over and sort out one of Broad/Bresnan/Tremlett then I think they have a very good chance. But the same goes for Australia.

I do hope you keep picking Mitchell Johnson though. It just isn't the same without him.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Who is James Taylor?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
NZ will still lose badly but at least they are showing some fight this innings

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mister Chief posted:

Who is James Taylor?

Who is John Galt

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Was really hoping NZ could make the South Africans go out and chase like 5 runs or something, but ah well. They can take something from that second innings at least.

Isn't Tremlett like the English version of Cummins? Like super talented but always injured?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Chris Martin out for 0 without facing a ball.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

goatface posted:

Chris Martin out for 0 without facing a ball.

~~the phantom strikes again~~

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Taylor's the one who Pietersen said was poo poo, causing a "senior player" to "confront him". The senior player was never named but I have it on good authority it was Ian Bell. Got all up in his face and asked him if he wanted to tango, apparently. Pietersen soon backed down.

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 4, 2013

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Lionel RichTea posted:

Taylor's the one who Pietersen said was poo poo, causing a "senior player" to "confront him". The senior player was never named but I have it on good authority it was Ian Bell. Got all up in his face and asked him if he wanted to tango, apparently. Pietersen soon backed down.

KP's a good 5 inches taller, I think you mean "Got all up in his upper body/neck area"

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Regardless, loving mad man is Belly.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Lionel RichTea posted:

I find this funny because KP was meant to have bullied Bell back in the day because KP though bell was to 'soft' for international cricket.

:getin: Bell

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's a short ginger guy.

Probably carries a stanley knife in his back pocket.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't know if it was Bell really, Prior was a likely candidate iirc, although Trott isn't averse to fisticuffs and him and Pietersen have never got along (well, no one gets along with him, they don't even try and hide it anymore).

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
warne thinks 39 year old spinner brad young, who played a few odi's in late 90's, could play tests for australia

sixteenstraws fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 4, 2013

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Ian Bell never leaves home without his sledgehammer - he would smack KP so hard he'd end up back in South Africa!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I dunno. Australia's problem is that they can't exploit England's lack of ability to play decent spin.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tarbrush posted:

I dunno. Australia's problem is that they can't exploit England's lack of ability to play decent spin.

Australias problem is they've got 1 world class player and a team full of not quite good enough's.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
At least Brad Haddin won't ever be back now

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Fantastic little innings by Wade.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
That last 30 with Bird was amazing.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It was great entertainment. Loved the crowd cheering Bird on.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The field placement, the bowling and the way Wade was batting felt like a T20 game.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lungboy posted:

The field placement, the bowling and the way Wade was batting felt like a T20 game.

I don't think you are allowed to space every bloke besides one slip around the boundary in t20.

It was crazy negative. Glad it didn't work.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Siddle has a girlfriend??

Captain Appleseed
Jun 12, 2007
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum

Quanta posted:

Siddle has a girlfriend??

Who wouldn't want to look at this face in bed?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Bird's run up looks unnecessarily long.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

Captain Appleseed posted:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
At least becoming a vegetarian hasn't made him any less of a oval office.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Captain Appleseed posted:

The most terrifying o-face in the history of cricket :stare:

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Mister Chief posted:

This is a question for NZ goons specifically. I have heard two separate references to Auckland scoring 12 runs off 1 ball remaining this year (against ND?) but I cannot find anything about this incident online. Anyone know what match this could be referring to?

I'm pretty sure that it was Andre Adams batting, no idea who the bowler was though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

SHUT THE gently caress UP IAN CHAPPELL

• Locked thread