Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

I was at the SCG for the full day's play yesterday, pretty happy to see Sri Lanka put up some kind of fight.

My highlight for the day: watching a cop get hit in the back of the head with a paper plane made from one of those 4/6 signs, and then trying to figure out who throw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I just can't get over that Cowan runout. The papers have been drilling the averages of the players outside of Clarke with hussey retiring and he is jogging carrying his gloves. Terrible. Just terrible.

He should be dropped just for that.

I just don't understand what he was thinking. Especially with Warner, he's always going to looking for the second.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Windmill Hut posted:

Starc is a real handy tail batsmen. I hope it continues and he can become like Johnson, except a much better and consistent bowler.

He's also not a oval office of a person, which helps.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

What a joke of a game.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Pig in the City posted:

Australia has an opening partnership. England you are ON NOTICE

Yeah that didn't last long.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

Watson in the 80's, time for the comedy loss of his wicket

Nah he has no problem getting 100s in ODIs.

E: speak of the devil

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

EMC posted:

Right, I just turned the cricket on, forgetting it was on today and you arseholes have some explaining to do. What the gently caress is Shaun Marsh doing in the side? Surely the dozen or so people that would be picked before him have the shits or something?

Sick, injured, in India already.

Run rate of 2.36, this is going well.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Hahaha T20 is such a joke.

Although that was a pretty good throw.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

I just tuned into the test, and apparently they're not playing on a pitch, they just dropped a pile of dirt in the middle of a field. How could Australia only play one spinner?

Also Sehwag just dropped a sitter at slip.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

EMC posted:

Don't worry guys, Hussey :smug:

Oh god :negative:

Moises will save us all!

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

Wade seems like a pretty objectionable guy.

He's got the worst case of small man syndrome I've ever seen.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Maxwell's due to make his debut in today's test, and apparently Lyon's been dumped for X.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Doctor Cave posted:

No loving way! Who's going to sing the song then? The song wont need to be sung

Word is Clarke wanted Lyon to play, but got overruled by the other selectors. Starc's the other guy to miss out.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Captain Appleseed posted:

Wait, I thought we only dropped Starc when he was doing well?

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't drop Pattinson.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

I forgot he was in the squad. That would've been a terrible surprise.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

webmeister posted:

Is this the lowest strike rate Warner's ever had?
And wow, I honestly can't remember the last time we had a 100+ opening run stand that wasn't Warner 85/Cowan 15.

He had that century against NZ that took him a while to get.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Knuc If U Buck posted:

7 run thrashing?

Any loss to New Zealand is a thrashing.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

-Spiffy- posted:

What happened to Broad? I guess I missed it.

Johnson yorked him for an LBW, probably broke his foot.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

webmeister posted:

It's in all the ads as well. Why on earth would anyone want a bucket that's had greasy KFC in it on their head?

Do they sell the buckets separately for this specific reason? Or do all those people each eat a bucket of KFC before heading to the cricket?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

So apparently Phil Hughes just got knocked out by a bouncer in a Sheffield Shield match, and there are serious concerns about his health. Don't think he'll be playing any cricket for a while.

Edit: It's pretty bad, they've had to bring in a helicopter to get him to hospital

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Seams posted:

Phil Hughes was hit in the head by a bouncer and is reportedly in critical condition :(

He's not in hospital just yet, they're loading him into the helicopter that's on the field. But he apparently needed CPR, which is not a good sign.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Airstream Driver posted:

David Warner has written a children's book 'The Kaboom Kid', it is going to be a series. It's probably just his autobiography but they're selling it to 8-12 year olds.

They're actually written by a couple of different authors, although of course they're credited as "David Warner (with J.V. McGee)".

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Nearly everyone else in my office is out watching Phillip Hughes' funeral on a big projection screen. I find that weird and strangely indecent.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Mitch Marsh is wrecking them, he's overtaken Steve Smith already. 40 off 25 so far.

Edit: well that's not surprising.

ShoeFly fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

That was a brilliant catch, who's the sub?

• Locked thread