Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Is that even possible? This is the first I've heard about it.

Travis Birt hit 20 runs off 1 delivery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeUUuvDUPw 6, no-ball 6, no-ball 6 (watch it, its ridiculous. baseball shots).

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

How did Sydney escape this heatwave? It's even 42 degrees in Hobart (that must be their highest ever?)

e: Has international cricket ever been cancelled for it literally just being way too loving hot?

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 4, 2013

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Is that the second wrongly called no-ball today (when it was a legal delivery)?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Wade, I like you, but stop loving dropping catches and missing stumpings. Don't become another Haddin, please.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Hyperriker posted:

Some good shots being played here by the SL players, loving glorious pull by Jayawardene an over or two ago.

I like Bird's bowling, not only does he remind me of Stuart Clark with his action and consistent length, but it just looks like he bowls a heavy ball - hits the bat hard. Good stuff.

One thing I do like about the Nine commentary is Healy's critique of Wade's keeping - I know he's a fuckwit but also he was the best keeper.

Stuart Clark owned. I wish we had him around (as a younger guy) now.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

THE BIG BIRD

e: Question for people who play cricket properly/competitively: How sensitive are you to feeling an edge? If you knick it, even the faintest edge, do you always feel it in your hands?

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 5, 2013

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Doubt many parents would take their kids to the ground on a sunny 37 degree day too.

Clearly this streaker had his mind fried in the sun today. Why do they never show them getting owned by security? :(

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Love that video. Hearing Slats wetting himself in the background gets me every time.

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 11, 2013

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

gently caress off steve smith

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Scylo posted:

Why are we playing an ODI series against the West Indies right after we play Sri Lanka? There will have been 10 ODI matches and 3 T20's in about a 1 month period..

Ummm... we've been playing 10+ ODIs after the test series for an eternity now. If anything there are actually less games now, compared to back in the day when we had the tri-series tournaments of 12 games + finals (including ODIs not featuring Australia). Actually, last year was a return tri-series too from memory.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Scylo posted:

That's a good point and I completely forgot about that somehow. I am an idiot. :v:

To be fair, they are usually pretty forgettable series.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

lol

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Holy poo poo. I left the house to walk my dog at 4/20 and thought that was funny enough.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lankster NZ posted:

This is 100x worse than NZ being all out for 45 over in SA!! It, it's.. beautiful.

no it's not

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Sri Lanka were bowled out for 43 against SA last summer. There is still hope.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Just four... more... runs... :negative:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

iajanus posted:

Correct; at least this ODI is actually worth watching for the black humour.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we made it.

Starc making runs (in tests too) gives us hope that he can be the test "all rounder" instead of Johnson.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Starc is a real handy tail batsmen. I hope it continues and he can become like Johnson, except a much better and consistent bowler.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

In his 42 combined Test + ODI innings, Hughes has only hit a score between 40 and 80 once. 9 innings went above 80. 22 innings he hit 20 runs or less.

Basically my point is that he either hits a lot of runs or none at all. Needs to fix it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

gently caress you Mick Lewis

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Sri Lanka moment of failure (maybe)

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

gently caress the duckworth lewis

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Wade and Jayawardene PUNCH ON

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Cat Terrist posted:

At least Starc is making sure that if we play a left handed bowler it'll be him, not Johnson

Seems to have a similar batting capacity to Johnson too.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lollins

A quarter of the target gone in the first over

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

How the gently caress did they give that out on review?

Do NOT like that at all. No way of knowing if that was a reflection of the light on the glove or a mark from the ball.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Snicko shows nothing for the overturned caught behind. Ridiculous.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

What in the flying gently caress. I have no words for a) the task they got asked to perform - 'send in via text message or under the coachs door' :wtc:, and b) the fact they were suspended for not doing it

e: Wait, so Johnson and Khawaja got suspended, even though they didn't play in the test they were asked to do their homework assignment for?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Holy poo poo that decision against Hughes was bad. I mean, we shouldn't be in this bad a position anyway, but that probably lost us the test.

All our players suck and we have no good shield batsmen who aren't either old (Rogers), fat (Cosgrove) or Ricky Ponting.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

:frogout:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Sweet review bro

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

bah. just call it out and be done with it

serious gaylord posted:

Right lads, I reckon 2 quick wickets tonight and we're right back in it.

2 wickets? if we bat tonight we'll probably be all out

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Mmmhmm thats why you drop Wade for old man Haddin

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lionel Richie posted:

They're a nation of fixers. They probably paid off this third umpire too. I just hope England have their wits about them if this is the game they're playing.

Drug cheats mate, get it right.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

NO

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Props to Hughes for a nice innings.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

One day Strauss will disagree or have criticism while commentating. One day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

At this rate, they might catch us by the end of the test

• Locked thread