Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
If this is how bad the thread is now, it'll be a loving disaster in six months time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Nothing about his captaincy reflects well tbh but hes the best batsmen you've got by a country mile so no-ones going to do anything to upset him.

There's so much stuff you can beat us over the head with, I don't know why you'd go after Clarke's captaincy, which has generally been excellent and a breath of fresh air after Ponting.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
He's so mentally weak it's ridiculous.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
gently caress we are a shambles. We're actually gonna lose 4-0 to India.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Wade's the least of our problems.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Hyperriker posted:

Not so sure about that!

He's less of an issue than our top order and spin bowling options. People slate Wade without actually being able to suggest a better option (bearing in mind the reality is that keepers don't get picked these days unless they can contribute runs as well).

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Tony A. Butt posted:

this time 15 months ago this thread was full of dudes lamenting haddin's terrible keeping

*cardboard-box-with-gloves.gif*

I think he's Haddin's mum or something. What are we without revisionism though?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
It's entirely possible we will lose 14 matches straight.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

All in all I'd have to say we were outplayed by a better side.

Brad Haddin's Mum is a Pom. Who knew?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Five years in to the future Shane Watson will be saying the same things from his wheelchair.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

We need leadership, Clarke certainly doesn't have any, or at least his leadership style rubs the rest of the team the wrong way. What we need is an Alan Border, not the most talented player but he ingrained a culture of discipline, determination and cuntishness that lasted long after he retired.

The thing is as much as you can appreciate not taking Michael Clarke very seriously as a leader, you're playing cricket for your loving country. He might be the hard nosed oval office we've been lucky enough to have previously but it'd be nice to see some responsibility taken by the rest of the idiots out on the piss.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
They had them in the big bash this year.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I guess thats all the 'saffers in disguise' jokes unable to be used then.

serious gaylord posted:

I wonder how noted racists Australia will react to an immigrant playing against England in the ashes?

Pretty sure I just heard Siddles head explode.

Relax, you have 10 test matches of bad posts to make, no need to get them all out on the first morning.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
It's not even a good delivery, it turns but it's so short. So soft.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Haddin is a better keeper though. Are you guys forgetting how terrible wade was during the Australian summer. I'd have gone for Hartley considering the tail bats quite deep but they want someone who can "bat" and not keep like he has no hands. That's haddin.

You think there's some massive gulf between Haddin and Wade in terms of keeping ability? Haddin of BradHaddin.gif?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I've never seen a worse Australian keeper than Wade. He cost us tests against south africa. He honestly makes haddin look like Healy.

I don't think there's as huge a difference as you suggest. Either way that dismissal was pretty much textbook Brad Haddin.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Swann double fist pump to the crowd after a record breaking tenth wicket partnership, just lol.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
I'm gonna blame that awful review on Haddin.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Cowan gets about two inches off the ground, great effort. gently caress sakes.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Fanatic posted:

iirc the system used during the test matches over the Australian summer didn't have the umpire's call part, or at least not to the same extent, so maybe Clarddin aren't used to it.

It absolutely did, we need to get better with how we use our reviews, it's cost us here. It was plainly obvious to everyone that ball was going down leg, and never in a million years collecting enough of the stumps for an overrule. For someone that does so much right, Clarke does some incredibly stupid poo poo, though Haddin was the one in the best position.

That review could have been used to dismiss Broad when he padded away Agar outside off in single figures, and the match would have been completely different.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Yes a player is going to walk when the Umpire has given him not out thats precious.

I'll make sure to bring this up everytime an Aussie nicks it to the keeper and refuses to walk immediately.

I honestly think most players would have walked then, it was just that obvious they wouldn't have even thought they'd get away with it. This isn't to say Broad's not well within his rights to stand there and embarass himself, the fact that Dar let him get away with it is the issue.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/dar039s-previous/video-e6frf3g3-1226678903406?sectionvertical=cricket

'Dar's Previous' ... Fox Sports all over it.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Yeah exactly, he was just stupid enough to think he'd get away with it, and somehow he did. It's not his fault.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

MacDougall posted:

I am so sickened by the fact that Rogers has played gently caress all cricket for Australia. In this era a dude averaging over 50 in first class wit 60 first class centuries. Boggles the loving mind.

Our selection since we started 'rebuilding' has been pathetic.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
It wouldn't be Watto without looking great before missing a straight one on leg stump.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
He's missed that by a mile. How do I become an international umpire? Seems a pretty soft gig.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

May as well get on the BCCI money train while I can, don't want to get Tim May'ed.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
SO loving STUPID

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Well it was nice to dream.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
The hawkeye gods are not with us. How that pitched in line I don't even know.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

This is known as 'pulling a Harbhajan'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Ms37yt3lg

Post your favourite Cricketers Cheating moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqwEwS8cwzQ

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Isn't Bresnan poo poo since he broke his arm or whatever?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Why didn't they go to Hot Spot from the other side more quickly, after watching the other two inconclusive angles 17 times?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

The new ball was very good, pitch is flat and its bright sunshine.

Bowling a lot of shite too though.

Edit - like that, thanks Trott.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Top telestrator use there.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

EMC posted:

Good lord Ganguly has been hitting the pies

Had no idea who that was until Nasser said.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Well I for one am amazed that Watson got out missing a straight one on middle and leg.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
The only surprise is that he waited so long before reviewing, usually it's as soon as the umpire's arm starts moving.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Watto just got Rogers out, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Um. What?

• Locked thread