Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Came for the thread blowing up over Australia picking five bowlers, and I have to say you all delivered.

I presume Inverarity, Bichel et al are thinking that it's about time to rotate in all the frontline fast bowlers at the moment? Just in time to rotate them all out for the ODI non-series or Indian tour? Sure the wicket is a touch green, but that's no reason not to blood new batsmen to replace both Watson and Hussey?

To think we lost to NZ last season in Hobart...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

dflanny posted:

To give the benefit to Johnson, he just tried to defend it but Hussey was very keen for the single.

I'd expect nothing less from Hussey tbh.

Also Nathan Lyon to now sing the team song? What?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Lungboy posted:

But he's eccentric! And has a bent finger!

It's bullshit. He can signal a wide with a straight index finger.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Sisgmund posted:

I liked the umpire from the Aus/SL series who, when giving someone out, would point directly at them.

Tony Hill?

vvv You could be correct there.

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 7, 2013

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

:smug:

Just flicked over to the India v England ODI... is it just me or is the pitch physically indistinguishable from the rest of the block? Strange for an Indian pitch...

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Julia Gillard. Literally better at picking cricket teams than CA?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

If I didn't know any better I'd say England were throwing this game...

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Welp Australia is hosed:

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2013/2/20/henriques-named-in-first-Test-team

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

I'm surprised they didn't shield Hughes from the vicious turning Indian pitches.

How long until Cummins is able to bowl again?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Henriques looks composed and determined to stay there, making the opposition work hard for his wicket. Very impressive so far.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

gently caress.

Are there green patches around the cracks halfway down there? What kind of spastic prepared this pitch?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Amazing post/username combo.

Someone tell Mitchell Starc to stop being Mitchell Johnson.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Wait, didn't Tendulkar retire? Who am I thinking of? I could have sworn he'd packed it in.

He retired from limited overs cricket I believe.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Cocksmith posted:

Hauritz was far and away our best spinner since Warne/MacGill.

:smith:

Can we count Brad Hogg in this somewhere too?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

I don't think it's been posted yet... But y'all may want to see what the gently caress is going on in the Sri Lanka v Bangladesh test.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Touch base with me first...

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

So can Khawaja come home for a couple of gently caress you hundreds and win us another Shield?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Good enough. :v:

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

I happened across this the other day and just shut my computer down and walked away shaking my head

I particularly liked that six of the seven guys in the first spectator shot (I presume there were more... Couldn't make it to the end) all had the same mo as the guy bowling.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Watching Andre Adams' debut here. :3

e: this NZ team were so awesome. So much 'I don't give a gently caress'

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 17, 2013

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Ryan Harris is a certainty for the Ashes squad. If Pat Howard wasn't literally breaking our fast bowlers we'd have a decent team (Bird, Starc, Cummins, I assume Hilfy was left in Aus due to injury).

loving spinners and batsmen though :psyduck:. loving give me a go in the team. I'll just go around kneecapping English players and we'll win by default. Probably a more legitimate strategy than the polished turd being produced at the moment.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Jesus that last six just looked like he was using a 9 iron.

So Brad Haddin has been brought back into the team, at the expense of Matthew Wade, because we need a vice-captain?

I mean, Haddin should probably be there anyway, but the fact that it took needing him to VC that got him over the line, just ridiculous. gently caress CA.

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 23, 2013

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Holy loving poo poo that's massive.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

'Successful campaign' eh? I guess the fix is in with the Indian journos for the competition winners too.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Fawad Ahmed is the immigrant. Agar was born in Perth I believe.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Tony A. Butt posted:

Agar was playing in the same league as I was 3 years ago. See you in 2016 Angles

I always find the ones I remember were the ones who got me out frequently. This the case here too?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Oh gently caress our opening batsman wears glasses.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

It's a shame we can't get Goon Match Sofa going in time for all ten Ashes tests...

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Nickname time lads. Any suggestions?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

They just want to rub in how poo poo our spinners are.

Just getting worked up to full immigrant mode to pick Ahmed next test...

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is Steve O'Keefe a child molester or something?

My bet is on he hosed James Sutherland's missus or something.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

To be fair Wade wouldn't have even given a gently caress.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

It's pretty depressing when Hughes is looking more competent than the rest of the batting order.

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 11, 2013

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Erasmus is third umpire. Speaks for itself.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

If Clarke wasn't such a jerk he'd be sending out an S.O.S to the Kat.

Hussey would probably still be in the team too...

Beaten.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

99.9% of the respondents to this poll never saw Bradman play.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Another pointless bit of trivia: Agar has now scored more runs than he conceded bowling in the first innings.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

This is reminiscent of that tenth wicket partnership between McGrath and Gillespie at The Gabba years ago. Against NZ iirc.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Agar is making Hughes look like a poor batsman imo.

Hughes is making Hughes look like a poor batsman imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Holy loving poo poo

• Locked thread