Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Very good OP, looking forward to all the test cricket this year. Who knows what Australia will dish up in India, I predict >50 pages of BCCI/DRS rage - hopefully those cheating cunts are on the receiving end of some aboslute howlers, there is something that unites all cricket followers when watching Indian :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Agree with the sentiment here, why not use this test to get a look see how Khawaja is tracking, or get a look at Maxwell?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Schlesische posted:

You'd think with all the recent Australian retirements and injuries it would be the prime time to be trying out new players.

When the Ashes is on, I'm going to hide under my bed for about two months and pretend it's not happening.

What's not happening?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Relax NZ, the tail can put some runs on the board, SA may have to chase say 100 from their 50 overs - a few early wickets and who knows what can happen?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Any chance for a sporting declaration here? Could be all over today

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Hey everyone, I would like you to introduce you to the Australian bowling line up that is no doubt so feared in England - MiJo, Starc and Lyon, a collective 0/80 odd from 23 overs

Edit: Just as I give him poo poo Starc takes a wicket, go gently caress yourself

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

ShoeFly posted:

My highlight for the day: watching a cop get hit in the back of the head with a paper plane made from one of those 4/6 signs, and then trying to figure out who throw it.

I saw a similar thing at the WACA, one of the WACA security staff had confiscated a beach ball and was walking away with it under his arm. A guy snuck up behind him, dived, knocked it out of his grasp back into the crowd and then commando rolled into a group of random people to 'blend' in.

It was really fantastic

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The ball lost in long grass and 12 all run while they tried to find it

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

dflanny posted:

Yep, hottest Hobart day on record :yotj:

I'm sure there must have been some tests in India that got to 45+. Didn't Dean Jones almost die from heat exhaustion or something during a test over there?

Yep, Allan Border called him a pussy and told him if he wasn't tough enough to stay in and bat he would get a real Australian to come in (or something like that)

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Wade.gif

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Looking forward to Haddin coming in at 4/60 and attempting to lace the 3rd ball he faces into the crowd

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Get ready for a scintillating 20 overs of knocking singles around here

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

lolstralia

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If Clarke was batting at 9 like he should be then Warner would have had a challenge to use

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Steve Waugh is clearly the best batsmen in the side, why is he not at 3?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

International cricket, any excuse not to play

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Looking at the team that is out there for Australia, I can't remember a poorer looking lineup.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Cocksmith posted:

Holy poo poo that batting order. I feel like I've traveled back in time to the mid 80's.

Looks like it will be a mid 80's total at this rate too

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Channel 9 attempting the spoonboy on Warner in the opener

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Scylo posted:

I wish they'd stop this dumb talking to the players while they're playing thing. There's never a situation where David Warner's voice is going to add to my enjoyment.

gently caress it if you're going to start with taylor, healy and brayshaw i'll just go right to Grandstand

Adam Gilchrist commentating vs England disagrees with you, that poo poo was amazing

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Shaun Marsh under/over 10

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

lolmarsh

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Australia over/under 50

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

cmndstab posted:

You're talking about his run rate, right?

Nah the number of times he should already be out

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Sounds like a quote from a kids school report where teachers are told to always start with a positive. Mark is a wonderful communicator but....

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

"Phil Hughes is a better batsman than Donald Bradman." - foolish_fool

He isn't the first to say it, just backing up popular opinion

I love how much this photo is still used

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

You definitely want to be standing with your pads in line with middle stump when the ball is moving around

Thanks for the pro tip Amit

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

MiJo time

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Right, I just turned the cricket on, forgetting it was on today and you arseholes have some explaining to do. What the gently caress is Shaun Marsh doing in the side? Surely the dozen or so people that would be picked before him have the shits or something?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Ashley Giles was a huge chucker, those averages can't be legit

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I like that all non Indian cricket fans can come together as one to hope those cheating cunts get smacked by whoever is playing them

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Saw half of the first session at lunch, good god that pitch is hot garbage.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Don't worry guys, Hussey :smug:

Oh god :negative:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone up for an ongoing Aus / NZ / SA / Eng test round robin? Ladder resets after 3 years

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

This Clarke guy seems to be half allright.

Why isn't he at 3?!?!?!

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Dart, dart, dart, half tracker/half volley, dart, dart

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I asked the Internet why Indian cricketers are so fat, it turns out the centre of truth on the Internet aka Yahoo Answers has the scoop - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070319144935AAZ7jIX

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Saw the last session after work last night and fully expected Rafael Nadal to appear, why are they playing cricket at Roland Garros?

Edit: Also as much as I hate those cheating Indian fucks I actually have no problem with whatever type of pitches they want, both teams have to play on it - good for them for tailoring it to their strengths. Cricket Australia is just too pussy to have circa 1989 WACA pitch be prepared and lose money on a 3 day test.

EMC fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 26, 2013

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Just checked the score for the first time today, can someone clarify if this is the 2nd test or has it been rained out / cancelled and they are replaying the first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

erezaka posted:

Second, India won the 1st

This was a joke about Australia's top order but thanks!

• Locked thread