Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Coq au Nandos posted:

Remember, Ausgoons: no matter how bad off we are now, we could still have that munt in our team.

Counterpoint: you still have Mitchell Johnson in your team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Put my name down for Imran Khan.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Well, Pakistani politicians in an election year don't have a fantastic life expectancy.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I think he's been gaining popularity but I dunno tbh

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Great team, hope to see more of it (with someone not as good as Hussey replacing Hussey).

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I've looked at the screen twice since putting the cricket on and both times Hughes has been square cutting. Keep bowling there fellas, it'll make it all the more surprising when someone doesn't.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The England bowlers of the 90s at various points weren't actually that bad. Spinners were always poo poo but a prime Gough, Cork and maybe Caddick on a good day would probably get in the current side.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yeah he took a lot of wickets against the English who have can't play spin as a racial trait.

You jest but people try and discount Murali's wickets against Bangladesh and they're way better at playing spin than the England side that Warne played against for most of the time.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hughes getting flummoxed by the spin of Dilshan.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm not so convinced about Warner either. I suspect you've got a home track bully on your hands.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Surprisingly, bat like a nobhead in England and you get out.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Clearly out, the fix is in here. What's Clarke doing so far up the order anyway?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ole Hughsey scores some unconvicing runs and Johnson looks like he isn't complete poo poo for a 20 minute passage of play or something and the Australians are having a wank about it. It's all going swimmingly for England at this point.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bandit Solution posted:

England aren't that good either.

e; In fact, before playing against India, England's record since Pakistan was 3 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses where eight of those tests were played against Sri Lanka, West Indies and Pakistan.

You reckon Australia would beat Pakistan away do you, chuckles?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm always honest in my appraisals, unless I choose not to be.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pig in the City posted:

Bahaha you could sell this poo poo on a roadside.

What did he say that was wrong? Honestly appraise please.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I thought Clarke was physically incapable of batting above 5

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Taylor's the one who Pietersen said was poo poo, causing a "senior player" to "confront him". The senior player was never named but I have it on good authority it was Ian Bell. Got all up in his face and asked him if he wanted to tango, apparently. Pietersen soon backed down.

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 4, 2013

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Regardless, loving mad man is Belly.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't know if it was Bell really, Prior was a likely candidate iirc, although Trott isn't averse to fisticuffs and him and Pietersen have never got along (well, no one gets along with him, they don't even try and hide it anymore).

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hand size and grip would be something which the average man would have an advantage over the average woman, plus spin bowling takes a lot more out of the body than it might look (elbow, shoulder and back injuries are a regular occurence). It's an endurance discipline as much as anything. There's more chance of a competitive spinner than fast bowler, but it's not particularly likely either imo.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wade reminds me of Prior when he first played tests, complete with abysmal keeping and poo poo awareness. And a lippy oval office it seems.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Someone strangle the oval office who keeps whistling on the run ups

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hughes is so flakey, always

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Great start by Ashley Giles to his England coaching career, played 2 lost 2. Long may it continue.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Funny how when Giles was in charge of Warwickshire Chris Woakes was rarely seen in an England shirt, but now all of a sudden he gets picked to trundle his 75mph filth in India of all places.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Thing is Woakes is a perfectly reasonable player to pick in the right conditions - i.e. in England. I find it funny that he rarely seemed to get picked in the middle of the county season when Warwickshire might miss him.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It was Hales. Don't know why he's there considering we've got a one day series happening, but Gilo knows best. Long live Gilo.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0yGdKbEZw

But it wasn't all bad for him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVOH0M9xdk

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Of course he should open, he opens in all limited overs cricket and does pretty well. They're desperate to shoehorn Bell as an opener though for some reason.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I loving hate this poo poo sometimes.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Yeah I dunno why you'd put a part time spinner on in the last 10 overs in a game like this. Seems to be a thing with England; put the part timers on early and late and the main spinner goes in the steady middle overs. loving wrong way round, dickheads.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's Samit Wot Won It

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I was surprised you weren't posting earlier

Sometimes it's better to keep a dignified silence. Let the foolish stew in their hateful anti-Samitism.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

So is Dernbach :getin:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

PTizzle posted:

I cannot fathom a thought process that would result in Dernbach bowling the final over of an ODI.

There seems to be this thought that he's a tight bowler, despite a career economy rate of over 6. I remember Nasser Hussain saying once that he's England's Malinga lol

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hahahah.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'd like to point out that I never said Clarke was a coward, Australians themselves did that. Very telling.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Quanta posted:

I was watching the highlights of the ODI and there was another big moment of cheating from the Aussies.

A Sri Lankan bowler bowls a great bouncer that clearly hits Starc's glove and then ricochet's off his helmet and the fielder takes a simle catch. Starc takes off his helmet and smilingly waves it towards the umpire to dupe him.

There's going to be a lot of this nonsense from them during the Ashes. Hope the ICC choose strong umpires.

Thanks for pointing this out. We really need to be keeping an eye out for this sort of thing, especially with such a big year coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

You shut your face. Big Brezza Bresnan is the seam bowling equivalent of Giles if anything.

• Locked thread