Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Your guy can literally be that crazy old man screaming about being abducted by aliens but nobody believes him.

You've got a rare opportunity here, my friend, do not squander it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
After having a couple games get corrupt, I settled on a single sim living in the Letra(?) desert city.
I put some hipster glasses on her, and what with the red hair and all, the GF unit looked over and named her the perfect name.

Ariel Helvetica.

No idea how original it may or may not be. Don't care. It's perfect...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ddraig posted:

Your guy can literally be that crazy old man screaming about being abducted by aliens but nobody believes him.

You've got a rare opportunity here, my friend, do not squander it!

He just gave birth. It took every simolean I had from gardening to build a mini cabin with the cheapest door/window/lantern that could only fit a crib and the baby sitter (that I called automatically when I left to sell vegetables) took the lantern because I couldn't afford to pay her. He's literally a hobo raising a baby alien in the woods.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
There were no good lots left to build on in the swamp town I started my sims in, and no houses who's layouts I liked. So I decided my sims were too good for that podunk town and downloaded Sunset Valley 7 and moved them there. After cashing in all her investments and packing up the house, I bought the biggest lot on a hill I could find and spent an hour or so browsing real-life floorplans I chose this one because it looked big enough to fill a good bit of the lot and easy enough to not drive me crazy in complexity. Here's what I have so far:

Still early but I'm having a blast with it so far. There's stuff all over the place because I'm trying to get anything I know would to in a particular area out of my inventory. I'm modding it a bit so I like it better and adding a basement. 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. There's also dual spire staircases and an elevator for easier getting around. I'm also planning on making a butler's quarters in the back, too.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 7, 2013

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Oh dear. My homeless sim got abducted by aliens and I'm pretty sure he's pregnant now. I think the chance to be abducted must have something to do with time spent outside because it happened at a festival while I was minding my own business.

Nope, my sim was sleeping, got out of bed, then was forcefully taken!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I had an alien encounter within my first 2 hours of playing, and all they did was take photos of my knocked over garbage can.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

Nope, my sim was sleeping, got out of bed, then was forcefully taken!

Wow. That kinda sucks then, because I remember it being insanely rare in Sims 2.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Your male sim will only become pregnant if they get the unexpected weight gain after the abducted moodlet wears off. It's random if they get it however. You can save right before the abducted moodlet wears off, and if the result is not what you expected, you can load that save up again and repeat until the desired result occurs.

It was odd in one of my games. A guy had an alien baby, then he moved in with his girlfriend while still alien pregnant. He had the baby, who grew up to a toddler. His girlfriend was pregnant the same day the baby had his birthday, and for a good gift, the father was abducted by aliens again and when the moodlet wore off and he was pregnant with an alien baby again.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

So I just had one of those major wtf moments.

This picture needs some context. In the early morning at the Steward household, Audrey tried to make a waffle breakfast for the family. I wasn't really paying attention so I'm not sure how, but she managed to set the stove ablaze. Fire department showed up before anything other than the stove was damaged though, so it was all okay. However, the fireman seemed to glitch out and just stood inside by the stood for several hours. Weird, but I just figured he'd fix himself eventually.

Then another fire broke out when Emily completely failed and inventing.

You'd think with the fireman right loving their this wouldn't be an issue but he did not flinch as he heard the fire grow and the terrified screams of half the household. A random old lady bolted across the street and joined in on the panic. She worked up enough courage to attempt to douse the flames, as seen here. Only she failed and caught on fire. Last I saw of her she was running across the street screaming while slowly burning to death. I have no clue if she lived, but I do know that the fireman again did not care.

Eventually a completely different firetruck showed up with a second fireman. The arrival of another fireman seemed to snap the first one back into reality. The fire didn't even break the inventing bench. So in the end nothing really changed, aside from the fate of a brave old lady who may or may not be a smoldering pile of ashes now.

EDIT: Okay now both of the firemen are stuck on my lot. Am I just going to slowly accumulate the entire fire department here over time?

I had an interesting time with fires again on this game. I set the garden area outside of the Vault of Antiquity. Someone came to promptly put the fire out. Then it started back after a moment. Then got huge. Several Sims tried to go put it out, but they all perished doing so. People keep coming to put it out, and eventually it just grows so big in a small space that they die. And the fire has so far kept burning for days with people putting it out constantly.

So far I'm loving Supernatural for these awesome bugs / entertainment features.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

uapyro posted:

I had an interesting time with fires again on this game. I set the garden area outside of the Vault of Antiquity. Someone came to promptly put the fire out. Then it started back after a moment. Then got huge. Several Sims tried to go put it out, but they all perished doing so. People keep coming to put it out, and eventually it just grows so big in a small space that they die. And the fire has so far kept burning for days with people putting it out constantly.

So far I'm loving Supernatural for these awesome bugs / entertainment features.

Well the fire incident was funny to me at first but now it is annoying. These two firemen are still here and their glitched fire trucks are forever stuck on the road. Anyway I can boot them off of my lot through a cheat code or something?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Internet Kraken posted:

Well the fire incident was funny to me at first but now it is annoying. These two firemen are still here and their glitched fire trucks are forever stuck on the road. Anyway I can boot them off of my lot through a cheat code or something?

Control-Shift-C
resetSim FiremanOneFirstName FiremanOneLastName <enter>
resetSim FiremanTwoFirstName FiremanTwoLastName <enter>

It sends them home.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Emong posted:

You can never go wrong with using alchemy to mass produce Flasks of Angry Bees to throw at people.

This is what sold me to get the Supernatural expansion. (And seasons too, but that's because I didn't make an impulse buy at all this steam sale)

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
I'm jealous of you all and your fancy alien interactions. I have three space rocks of varying size and have yet to receive a visit from beyond. I heard some semi-mechanical alienish laughter but after panning my camera all around it was for naught.

I'm also loving that firefighting story with the random old lady and the mountain hobo raising a space baby.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Well, went to finally register my expansion packs to get free stuff, and five out of six keys are invalid. Hell of a job there Origin :thumbsup:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Yay. Installed those two must-have mods. My first save then proceeded to crash irretrievably. Then I got my second save confused with the first, and deleted both. But! Supernatural was still on sale and my rubber arm went 'twang' because things were finally starting to play nicely.

Now I have an easily amused fairy sim, whose favourite pastime is making faces at herself in the mirror, who currently has a job as a rabid sports fan and a budding relationship with a woman she met at the gym, thanks to a love spell cast on her by someone she ran into at the (god help me) Fae Ray Arboretum.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have to install those mods and I'm going to start a new save with Supernatural content, and what you just said made me excited for weird poo poo to come.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Sims Medieval is still on sale on GMG, you can use the discount code to get it cheaper. Origin key.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blackray Jack posted:

I'm jealous of you all and your fancy alien interactions. I have three space rocks of varying size and have yet to receive a visit from beyond. I heard some semi-mechanical alienish laughter but after panning my camera all around it was for naught.

I'm also loving that firefighting story with the random old lady and the mountain hobo raising a space baby.

I've only seen one alien. He randomly appeared on my lot one night and started scanning snowmen. I sent one of my sims out to confront him but he didn't seem to care. My sim attempted to play tag with him (:psyduck:) before the alien quickly flew away in his space ship.

I'm not sure what the point to that was, if any.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
He was trying to determine the differences between the Earthlings that are made of 75% water, and these newfangled ones that were made out of 96% water.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackray Jack posted:

Well don't worry about panning the camera because when it happens, your sim will go and get abducted by himself. I know this because my guy has controlled sim autonomy off.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Carecat posted:

The Sims Medieval is still on sale on GMG, you can use the discount code to get it cheaper. Origin key.

I still haven't gotten mine working on Windows 8, and I tried the patch that someone said worked for them.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If any goons want to add my to their Sims 3 friends list, please do. It'd be fun to chat with other goon simmers while simmering on sims. Simply put, my user name is the same as my simple simticious tagline.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

chaosapiant posted:

If any goons want to add my to their Sims 3 friends list, please do. It'd be fun to chat with other goon simmers while simmering on sims. Simply put, my user name is the same as my simple simticious tagline.
I'm shocked, saddened, and have -40 mood that it took us that long for someone to get that bright idea.

jonathonbarton here.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kenny Rogers posted:

I'm shocked, saddened, and have -40 mood that it took us that long for someone to get that bright idea.

jonathonbarton here.

Looks like the site if freaking out a bit, but i'm adding you as soon as am able. We should all get up all in this poo poo.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Internet Kraken posted:

I've only seen one alien. He randomly appeared on my lot one night and started scanning snowmen. I sent one of my sims out to confront him but he didn't seem to care. My sim attempted to play tag with him (:psyduck:) before the alien quickly flew away in his space ship.

I'm not sure what the point to that was, if any.

My game in Riverview is just FULL of aliens. I made my sim ditch her girlfriend to hook up with an alien, and she ended up having little alien twins with him, and now more and more aliens keep showing up at their house, wandering around for an hour, then dashing off.

On the plus side, alien sims are loving cute and fun to play so. Win win.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Kenny Rogers posted:

jonathonbarton here.

Added you two.

My Sims account name is UAPyro

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Sure why not. I'm bigby_wolf

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

My game in Riverview is just FULL of aliens. I made my sim ditch her girlfriend to hook up with an alien, and she ended up having little alien twins with him, and now more and more aliens keep showing up at their house, wandering around for an hour, then dashing off.

On the plus side, alien sims are loving cute and fun to play so. Win win.

No aliens for me so far...BUT a zombie popped out of my loving flowerbed, and another out of the back yard. The one in the back yard went to the front yard flowerbed and started chatting up the first zombie. Then my man-dude sim walked out of the house, had the poo poo scared out of him by two zombies, and then they ran off.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Anyone else able to add friends yet? I have three requests, but keep getting an error message. Bleh.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So are workbenches supposed to catch on fire all the loving time? Cause every other time my tinkering sim uses the workbench to invent something she starts a fire. I had to install an emergency shower next to it so she doesn't burn to death.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Internet Kraken posted:

So are workbenches supposed to catch on fire all the loving time? Cause every other time my tinkering sim uses the workbench to invent something she starts a fire. I had to install an emergency shower next to it so she doesn't burn to death.

Is your sim unlucky? Mine don't set themselves on fire half that often.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

chaosapiant posted:

No aliens for me so far...BUT a zombie popped out of my loving flowerbed, and another out of the back yard. The one in the back yard went to the front yard flowerbed and started chatting up the first zombie. Then my man-dude sim walked out of the house, had the poo poo scared out of him by two zombies, and then they ran off.

loving zombies keep kicking my flamingos over. :mad:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I'm dirigibles on origin, I'll be adding ya'll in a bit.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ardeem posted:

Is your sim unlucky? Mine don't set themselves on fire half that often.

No, and I'm pretty sure she has the trait to make inventing better to.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!

Internet Kraken posted:

I think you may be cursed. I had a guy that worked all the way up to 10 and beyond. Never a fire ever. Try buying a new bench?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So what trait you need for a homeless Sim to eat out of the trashcan?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Me and inventing don't get along. My sim worked their rear end off to become an astronaut, and eventually bought a young again potion. Having cheated death, retired and now making major bank she decided to try her hand at inventing.

Inventing something on the bench, she set herself on fire and burned to death. Death got the last laugh, it seems.

Timall
Dec 20, 2008
This thread has made me get back into The Sims 3. I've bought 4 expansion packs over the last few months that I've only just installed now.

One thing though that has annoyed me since the very beginning of The Sims 3 - they never change out of their loving work clothes! Every time my Sim is out in public there are people dressed as cadets, scientists and newpaper delivery people. Is there a mod that forces Sims to change to their casual clothes once they've finished work for the day? Currently I'm using MasterController to manually do it but it gets annoying.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Ddraig posted:

Me and inventing don't get along. My sim worked their rear end off to become an astronaut, and eventually bought a young again potion. Having cheated death, retired and now making major bank she decided to try her hand at inventing.

Inventing something on the bench, she set herself on fire and burned to death. Death got the last laugh, it seems.

Is there any way to actually survive that (besides having multiple sims on the lot at that time?) The few times that's happened to me, the fireman always get there JUST AFTER the reaper leaves. I thought one my sims many cats would save her, but they just stood there and watched. Jerks. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

The few times my sims have caught fire (from the sculpting bench) I've been able to have them rush over to a shower to put it out.

• Locked thread