Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

Level 8. At level 9 you can license your songs.

Nice. Thanks!

Big Bug Hug posted:

Me too. But this will do me until someone makes it, because gently caress the way it is now.

Ditto. I'd prefer slow decay to no decay, but this'll do for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

ElTacoGato posted:

Nice. Thanks!

Keep in mind, interacting with the guitar/piano/violin only lets you start working on new songs, not resuming them. To resume a song you were working on before, go to your inventory. You'll see a song book. Click on it to resume working on your song.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
I'd like a slower rate of decay, as well as a mod that splits friendship/romance decay. I still wanna be friends, I just don't love you anymore, okay?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cyclical posted:

I'd like a slower rate of decay, as well as a mod that splits friendship/romance decay. I still wanna be friends, I just don't love you anymore, okay?

You are into the wacky fantasy elements of the sims, eh?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

ElTacoGato posted:

Nice. Thanks!

It's a start. I don't mind some decay, but as an example maybe a third as much, and only starting after maybe 72 hours instead of 24 hours as it apparently does at the moment.

Also, if all the relationship numbers between two Sims reduce to zero, the relationship is culled - effectively "forgotten".

The other thing I noticed that was interesting is that relationships can be asymmetrical, i.e. Sim A can have a different opinion of Sim B than vice versa, which is actually a neat touch. I think TS2 had this (maybe even the original), but if I recall the last game it was represented by a single number.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The Deadly Hume posted:

The other thing I noticed that was interesting is that relationships can be asymmetrical, i.e. Sim A can have a different opinion of Sim B than vice versa, which is actually a neat touch. I think TS2 had this (maybe even the original), but if I recall the last game it was represented by a single number.

Yeah, 1 and 2 both had this. IIRC it was more noticeable in 2 than 1 because if a sim did something to make you furious with them, both scores might drop but yours would drop significantly more.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Back on topic, I finished my painter aspiration, and was wanting to go into one of the other creativity ones since I had all the inspiring whatsis around anyways, but I'm kind of skittish about the 'beat writers block' part of it. Is it hard to trigger writer's block? Is there a particular emotion that's more likely to trigger it?

Get your needs high first so you don't have to stop soon, then practice writing until you get it. Actually writing books won't work because your sim will finish before you get writer's block.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

A goon breakthrough! For some reason the pizza gal earlier on stopped doing deliveries to his house (although she definitely still works there as he knows after hours of deducing her Facebook page), but the new pizza guy tuns out to be a fellow geek! After seeing the first positive meatspace social interaction since moving into town besides his online katana-enthusiast penpal xxdArksw0rdkawa11xx, he feels something strange welling up inside him. Could it be... friendship?

The pizza guy, well-known in his Reddit SJW community, also happens to be a Bullet Bukkake fan! But he torrented it, so our goon didn't actually benefit, but he definitely feels flattered. After talking for hours about the ending of Mass Effect 3, the pizza guy comments that with our goon's programming savvy, he could be making bank... just not in baka gaijin America. He knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who plays League of Legends with a guy that set up a server farm in China and rolls in sweet BitCoin cash. Our goon started to sweat profusely at the idea, and the sweltering humidity in the room reminded the pizza guy he needs to get back to work.

After hours of binging research, and ordering rare figurines for an obscure Korean fighting/cooking sim game to complete his collection, our goon feels he has PhD-level knowledge on the subject of grey-area Chinese labour standards (reinforced by nearly two days of copy/pasting Wikipedia links during arguments in a alt.law Usenet chatroom), and could take a run at this. What do you guys think? Should he grind away in his outhouse command centre, making Linux-only computer games until he can collect unemployment and retire? Or take a run at this wild and crazy dream of buckets full of yuan, like a subtitled, kung-fu, hacker version of Breaking Bad?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

cyclical posted:

But those are split...

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Ok, I'm worried for Goon Sim and his dreams of farming BitSimoleans, I hope he doesn't lose sight of what's important... Finishing his figurine collection

I'd recommend Post on E/N or Troll Forums as your next option.

Red Garland
Jan 6, 2013
Hey guys. I'm tryna bring home the beacon with my bassists by playing for tips in Monte Vista, but holy poo poo, is this place dead. Are there any good spots there, where lots of people pass by?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Red Garland posted:

Hey guys. I'm tryna bring home the beacon with my bassists by playing for tips in Monte Vista, but holy poo poo, is this place dead. Are there any good spots there, where lots of people pass by?

Try the parks. It's not as good as the Subway in Bridgeport, but generally people will show up to them. As long as it's set to a park and not 'No Visitors Allowed'

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I decided to take a stab at the gooncube. It isn't the smallest cube since I still own a fridge for my energy drinks.

I also store my pizza in said fridge so it lasts a little longer without going bad. The posters seemed a must with the Harry Potter spoof right above her head. I think it is called Henry Porter.

The funnest thing I have found out though is that pile of junk that comes when you repair your computer or other electronics can be placed outside and turned into a trash plant. The fruit looks like little trashbags and it produces fruit like three times a day for a dollar a bag.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

twistedbutterfly posted:

The funnest thing I have found out though is that pile of junk that comes when you repair your computer or other electronics can be placed outside and turned into a trash plant. The fruit looks like little trashbags and it produces fruit like three times a day for a dollar a bag.

This also happens if some jerk kicks over your sims garbage can and you don't get around to picking the trash back up right away.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Is there a speed-up-the-game mod for TS4 yet? The fastest setting is too slow for my taste :-S

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

ElTacoGato posted:

This also happens if some jerk kicks over your sims garbage can and you don't get around to picking the trash back up right away.
Can you actually make anything out of the trashfruit? It seems like it'd be rather gross whatever you did with it.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Can you actually make anything out of the trashfruit? It seems like it'd be rather gross whatever you did with it.

I think you can use it in some recipes? Not sure if it does anything, though.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity

alcaras posted:

Is there a speed-up-the-game mod for TS4 yet? The fastest setting is too slow for my taste :-S

Check modthesims, they have a mod that makes the time go in ultra speed (like when your Sim is sleeping) if you double-tap 3.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, but since the patches have come out there's about a 1 in 3 chance I'm gonna crash to desktop when I save. Is this just me or anyone else having this problem?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It really all depends on the mods you have.

Also, even though I have to keep updating awesomemod, it sure does make the game more stable.

Edit: Reading this thread has got me playing Sims 3 again.

I forgot some of the silly mods for rotation I had installed.

SystemLogoff fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 19, 2014

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This thread is like condensed stockholm syndrome. "I'm GLAD EA cut out all these features" "So WHAT if they're going to charge for them later on" "Who CARES if this is a way worse deal than the sims 3"

It's like the simcity thread in reverse.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

We're familiar with it from the Sims 2 to Sims 3 transition.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This thread is like condensed stockholm syndrome. "I'm GLAD EA cut out all these features" "So WHAT if they're going to charge for them later on" "Who CARES if this is a way worse deal than the sims 3"

Nobody said any of these things.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Nah, it's a pretty okay base Sims game. I'm taking time off from it for Wasteland, but I'll definitely be coming back for the expansions. It's the Sims. This is how it is. :doh:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Umm, I don't think anybody is glad they cut out a ton of features. The game is good though.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Insanite posted:

Nah, it's a pretty okay base Sims game. I'm taking time off from it for Wasteland, but I'll definitely be coming back for the expansions. It's the Sims. This is how it is. :doh:

I'm saying that maybe if people actually stopped buying the drat things when the metacritic score dipped below 70, EA would somehow get an epiphany.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I'm saying that maybe if people actually stopped buying the drat things when the metacritic score dipped below 70, EA would somehow get an epiphany.

These are truly the darkest days.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
BEEP BOOP THIS GAME HAS A METACRITIC SCORE OF UNDER 70, UNABLE TO PROCESS TRANSACTION BEEP BOOP

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

hmmmmmmm

Not that it matters. Stop getting worked up over other people buying a video game.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I'm glad I started letting Metacritic decide what is fun and enjoyable, it's helped me buy every single AAA console titles ever.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

Literally nobody thinks or has said this. Sims 4 is fun, pretty and very smooth, but everyone that's played a Sims game in the last 10 years knows it takes several expansions before it's a complete experience or even competes with the previous game for features.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

So I made one of those gooncubes, but the gameplay got a bit repetitive after a while and I decided it was time for Ryan Beeb to move back in with his mean parents in their desert mobile home.

The accommodations might be nicer, but there's a lack of privacy and constant interruptions of his livestreams.

stremph
May 22, 2001
Forum Veteran
http://youtu.be/SpxpQaQdxjY

Big Bang Theory minus laugh track is an intense drama about autism. (BTW, most of what's constructed here amounts to less than that.)

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Metacritic scores are doled out from goofy dorks like you. "Argh. No babies or pools?!" I'm enjoying the game so far. But maybe I shouldn't because of EA or SimCity or something?

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

Star Guarded posted:

So I made one of those gooncubes, but the gameplay got a bit repetitive after a while and I decided it was time for Ryan Beeb to move back in with his mean parents in their desert mobile home.

The accommodations might be nicer, but there's a lack of privacy and constant interruptions of his livestreams.

There's a lot of attention to lovely goony details in this home. Well done.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Eruonen posted:

hmmmmmmm

Not that it matters. Stop getting worked up over other people buying a video game.

he clearly said below 70

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Yeah, but their epiphany would be "Well, Sims is not popular anymore, time to stop making it."

Which would suck, because it has no competition.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah, when the nearest game for loving around with families is Crusader Kings II...

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Listen. If you don't shop at WalMart, they'll get the message. I wish there was a Metacritic for WalMart. I would own them so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Gorefluff posted:

There's a lot of attention to lovely goony details in this home. Well done.

Yeah, this is a nicely done goon home. I'm living vicariously through all you Windows people right now. Goon houses are good stuff. :hf:

• Locked thread