Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!

Railing Kill posted:

Pets only their mother could love.

Could you take screenshots for us please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

I loved playing Sims 3 but it seemed like with every expansion pack the game got slower and more stuttery. I was playing with Awesomemod and NRaas' stuff, but I didn't think it would have that great of an effect. Sims 3 turned my beast of a computer into molasses. I quit playing after Pets, I think, because of it. Have their been any optimizations/improvements/something to make that better?

How many mods were you running and how many expansion packs did you have?

As an aside, which mod was it that turned off the intro and skipped alot of the fluff and consequently bloated crap that just slowed everything down in load times?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Annakie posted:

My favorite one I haven't seen listed so far is Retuned Attraction System. My sim was constantly getting bombarded with calls from guys asking her out on dates, to the point where her wedding was interrupted by one. Though it was nice to get 10+ free times in her mailbox almost every day, it was really annoying. Now I don't think I've been called for a date since, and still occasionally get free items. She's a Kleptomaniac anyway, so its not like I'm lacking in free items.

Do you, or anyone else know if this works side by side with nraas mods? I'm running a couple of them and would love to add this to the repertoire if I won't get any problems running it along with the nraas mods.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I'm jealous of you all and your fancy alien interactions. I have three space rocks of varying size and have yet to receive a visit from beyond. I heard some semi-mechanical alienish laughter but after panning my camera all around it was for naught.

I'm also loving that firefighting story with the random old lady and the mountain hobo raising a space baby.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So are workbenches supposed to catch on fire all the loving time? Cause every other time my tinkering sim uses the workbench to invent something she starts a fire. I had to install an emergency shower next to it so she doesn't burn to death.

I think you may be cursed. I had a guy that worked all the way up to 10 and beyond. Never a fire ever. Try buying a new bench?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Stellar Curiosity posted:

...late night activities by Bonehilda when no one's looking.

Origin/sims username thing: Stellacyanine

Huh. I thought my Bonehilda was weird. Mine LOVES to hang out in front of the magic mirror and check herself out.

VVVV GUY BELOW ME

EDIT: Yes, spontaneous combustion is a thing, somehow. I'm not sure how frequent it is though but stay inside of public buildings if you can.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 9, 2013

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
So upon getting a slightly less crap computer and seeing the sims will run on higher settings; can anyone toss me a link to a modded sunset valley that was custom made to fit all the expansions in a near perfect balance? I haven't read the OP yet since I stopped browsing the thread around page 15 or so, so I'll take a look at it afterward. Also, are any expansions packs worth getting that aren't horribly bugged or horrible in general? I got the good ones; Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, and Ambitions (as well as the night life one a kind goon gifted me, thanks again by the way buddy :shobon:) but are there any others I should keep an eye out for?

EDIT: Thank you kindly!

EDIT EDIT: Does anyone remember where on the NRAAs mods is the settings you can tweak to make it so celebrity stars can be harder or easier to gain, as well as paparazzi settings?

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Bocc Kob posted:

Is there any reason the Sims 3 launcher sits there sucking up 40% of my CPU? It doesn't seem like it does anything and once the game is running, I can close the launcher without affecting anything. Does it serve any purpose at all? :iiam:

This is kind of strange because I get this with my medieval 2 game. The launcher will forever be in my processes until I close it out. I assume you're running the sims off of steam?

• Locked thread