Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Too many expansion packs? Upgrade to the new version and solve all your problems.

The general opinion on the Sims 4 is that whilst it brings welcome improvements to personalities, CAS, build mode and multitasking it fails to have enough content and the lack of open world sticks out like a sore thumb.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534925 - Adjust relationship decay.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535156 - Reduce chance of breakages.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534081 - Unlock all locked objects in Build mode.

Eliminating game stutters/lagging, or loading times upwards of ~30 seconds
In the options menu, turn off all the automatic online options (you will have to go online in order to access the Gallery)

Quick Links
The Sims 3 Exchange - The Sims 3 Store
Sims 3 Wiki
Mod The Sims
Carl's The Sims 3 Game Guide

How to fix a bugged sim
Hold Shift + Control + C to open the console, type "resetsim FirstName LastName".

How to fix a broken elevator
Open console, type "moveobjects on", use Edit Town to delete then replace elevator.

How to move a household to a different town
Use Edit Town to select the lot then Evict the household. You can keep or sell all furniture depending on which option you pick, the household will now be in your library. To keep specific furniture but sell the rest move them into your household inventory first.

How to cheat death
A sim with a Death Flower in their inventory will not be taken by the Grim Reaper.
Sims with high logic can play chess against the Grim Reaper if they haven't died from old age.
Loser or Unlucky traited sims will not be taken by the Grim Reaper except from old age.
Ghosts can resurrect by eating Ambrosia.
With the Showtime expansion a wish to a genie can resurrect sims or pets.
With the Pets expansion if your Sim receives the “Oh My ghost” opportunity. Once you do so, the Pet will be added to your household in ghost form. Ghost Pets should be treated just like any other Pets.

Steam purchased expansions register on Origin. Origin keys (Amazon downloads, boxed copies) do not register on Steam.

Yes the expansions are totally overpriced at $25 to $50. Luckily EA finally caught up with the real world instead of trying to deny sales work and sells expansions for 50-66% off on big seasonal sales, including on Steam.

Help what expansion do I buy!
It depends what you like, chum! Check in the expansion section for more details on what they contain.
My personal opinion is that in general it's safe to skip on World Adventures, Showtime and Supernatural.

World Adventures mostly contains regional themed new content, vacation areas and the decent tomb adventures.
Ambitions is a solid all round pack.
Late Night is great for night life and bands, skip if you only like small town life.
Generations adds a lot to pre adult life, get it if you care about families. It's light in content apart from age based interactions.
Pets is heavily pet focused and adds almost nothing outside pet related content.
Showtime is a contender for the smallest expansion, only get it if you care about the careers, which are well developed.
Supernatural adds a lot of silly content but hey who wants a realistic life simulator?
Seasons adds weather and weather related content.

World Adventures
Overview

Features: Quests, tomb exploration at three new destinations, photography, nectar, fireworks, shops, vacation homes.
New vacation worlds: Champs Les Sims (France), Al Simhara (Egypt), Shang Simla (China)
New Life state: Mummy
New Careers: None

New ways to die
Mummy's Curse: If a Sim loses a fight to a mummy, he/she is cursed, and receives a moodlet indicating this. In 14 days he/she will die by turning into dust. The curse can be cured with a visit to The Great Sphinx.

Ambitions
Overview

Features: Control within work (professions and selected careers), laundry, tattoo system, skill-based self-employment.
New world: Twinbrook
New Life state: Simbot (Robot)
New Careers: Architectural Designer · Education · Firefighter · Ghost Hunter · Medical · Investigator · Stylist · Self-Employed

New ways to die
Meteor: If a Sim stands outside for a while, there is an unlikely chance you will get a note saying that it has suddenly gotten dark. A meteor shower is a rare in-game event that can occur in any world. If you don't move your Sim the meteor will crush the sim, ending his/her life. This is more likely to happen while using a telescope. Sims near the impact may catch fire, and windows and furniture of your sim's house may be damaged from the impact if it struck their home lot.

Late Night
Overview

Features: Bars, night clubs, penthouse suites, hot tubs, subway entrances, elevators, ability to form bands, Butler, zodiac signs, fountain tool, the ability to become a vampire.
New world: Bridgeport
New Life state: Vampire
New Careers: Film · Band Member

Generations
In-depth Overview

Features: Pranks, new types of celebrations (i.e. birthday/teen/bachelor parties, weddings, slumber), memories, graduation ceremonies, prom, imaginative play, potions, spiral staircases, water slides, boarding schools, pillow fights, strollers, canes for elders.
New Life state: Imaginary Friend
New Careers: Daycare

Pets
In-depth Overview

Two editions: Regular and "Limited Edition"
Features: Controllable animals (cats, dogs, horses) and non-playable creatures, pet contests.
New world: Appaloosa Plains
New Life state: Unicorn [Pet]
New Careers: Jockey
New Skills: Riding

Showtime
In-depth Overview

Three editions: Regular, "Limited Edition" and "Katy Perry Collector's Edition." Katy Perry only: downloadable stage venue, fruit-themed clothing, items, and stage props
Features: Stage performance careers, stage decoration, singing, gigs.
New world: Starlight Shores.
New Life state: Genie
New Careers: Singer – Acrobat – Magician

New ways to die
Magic: With sufficient levels, a Magician can use the Box of Danger to perform the "Buried Alive", "Human Statue", and "Watery Grave" tricks. However, if a Sim fails at correctly executing their tricks with this object, there's a chance that the Sim inside will die.

Supernatural
In-depth Overview

Three editions: Regular, "Limited Edition" and "Origin Decor Edition"
Features: Fortune Teller career, skeleton maid, Alchemy skill.
New world: Moonlight Falls.
New Life state: Witch, Werewolf, Zombie, and Fairy.
New Careers: Fortune Teller

New ways to die
Jelly Bean: There is a slight 1% chance that a Sim can die of eating a "Magic Jelly Bean" from the Magic Jelly Bean Bush.
Haunting Curse: Witches with at least a level five of Spellcasting (hidden skill) can die if his attempted Haunting Curse spell fails and backfires on him. If successful, a Sim affected by this spell may die of Haunting Curse.
Transmutation: A Sim who uses The Philosopher's Stone may have a chance of turning into a gold statue when transmuting objects into gold. If so, he will pose while turning into gold and die. The gold statue of his expression at the time of death will remain an object for Sims to keep.

Seasons
In-depth Overview

Features: Weather, new skills (Soccer/snowboard), seasonal celebrations, new outerwear category for clothing, festivals including eating contests are also in seasons.
New Life state: Alien
New Careers: Test Subject (Aliens Only)

New ways to die
Freezing: Sims can freeze to death if they are too long outside in an extremely cold temperature.
Spontaneous combustion: Sims can overheat if they are outside in the heat too long, or from outdoor activities. Overheated Sims may be told to cool down; a Sim who does not may spontaneously combust. If a Sim dies as a result of spontaneous combustion, it is considered a form of death by fire.
Choking: When a sim enters a eating contest theres a chance your sim can choke and die.

University
In-depth Overview

Features: University, apartments and room mates, social groups, science and street art skills.
New Life state: Plant sims
New Careers: Art Appraiser, Video Game Developer, Sports Agent.

New ways to die
Death by Blunt Force Trauma (Vending Machine)
Death by Blunt Force Trauma (Murphy Bed)
Death by Ranting About Death

Island Paradise
In-depth Overview

Features: Build partially on water, live on houseboats, diving, manage a resort.
New Life state: Mermaids
New Careers: Lifeguard, Self Employed Diver

New ways to die
Death by Running Out of Air While Scuba Diving
Death by Shark Attack
Death by Dehydration (Mermaids)

Into The Future
In-depth Overview

Features: Traveling to the future, futuristic objects, plumbots.
New Life state: Plumbot
New Careers: Plumbot Dealer, Astronomer, Plumbot Trainer

New ways to die

Click here for a long guide on how to install mods!

TL;DR - Patch game, make Mod directory here:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Mac OS: /Users/<username>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Add these files, put your .packages here. For other kinds of files read the guide!

Touch a clock or town hall for NRAAS mods setup menus.

Required mods

Overwatch - Correction of persistent or recurring errors produced by the Core game or other mods. Improves game performance.
ErrorTrap - Save-game cleanup and error reporting.

Recommended mods

Relativity - Adjust time so it doesn't take an hour for your sims to have a shower.
Register - Manipulate services and role sims in your town.

Story Progression - Sims outside of your current active house age, progress at jobs/skills, make friendships etc.
- Or -
AwesomeMod - Changes a ton of stuff in one mod, has it's own story progression.

Routing fixes - Improves game performance and reliability by fixing broken pathfinding nodes in the base worlds. Yes EA are incompetent enough to never fix this issue.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

To the people having problems with long load times: I had this issue as well for a long time, I have something like 4 gigabytes of mods and it was killing my will to even boot up the game. Even looking through costumes if I ever got into CAS took forever.

However! There is a solution. The wizards over at modthesims have come up with a program called CC Magic. Apparently the slowdowns happen because either the game or the system cannot handle all those files being loaded or checked up on at once, and CC Magic solves this by organising all your objects into sets and compressing them into single package files, so what you are left with is maybe 5 big files instead of ten thousand small ones.

Using this program decreased my load times from over half an hour (if it loaded at all) to under a minute and noticeably reduced the in-game lag.
It was comparatively easy to install and manage and works together with RigFix, another program that solves the bug of chairs not connecting to tables properly that was introduced with the Pets expansion/the accompanying patch.

You can get these programs here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
https://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/step1

Recommended custom worlds

http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_EvansdaleCounty.html
http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_BrooklynHeights.html

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Bieeardo posted:

Are there any recommended settings to improve performance? I picked this up during the Steam sale and it runs like absolute poo poo, from ridiculously long loading screens to terrible in-game lag.

As far as I am aware your only two options are to put it on an SSD, use less expansions/custom content/mods (apart from overwatch) or use mods like register to stricly control the population of your town.

The problem with the game isn't the graphics, it's the poorly designed/optimized engine (and some horrible bugs with cars etc) that cope badly with all the sims active in a town and the huge amount of content after expansion packs.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Does your computer have PCI Express and a a PCI-E power connector? Get a Radeon 7770 for $105.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Huge Liability posted:

I just noticed something in the OP that I think should be changed a bit - body hair and the breast and muscle definition sliders aren't features of expansions, but rather features of the patch that was added at the same time as those expansions. You can access them without Generations or Late Night respectively. Until the sale last month, I only had WA and Ambitions, and I could use those features.

Along those lines, any idea if basements, new swimming pool design tools, height adjustment for wall objects and being able to form groups are from expansions like Wikipedia claimed? These sound like patch additions.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 6, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Sims Medieval is still on sale on GMG, you can use the discount code to get it cheaper. Origin key.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The whole lot was on sale for two weeks which just ended four days ago? The base game was even on the two days encore sale.

You aren't trying very hard.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I thought career clothing options were added in an expansion but I never got forced to do it. I'm going to say it's probably part of AwesomeMod.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Scyther posted:

This stuff sounds funny on paper, but my biggest peeve with with The Sims 3 is how every other expansion seems to cram some feature down your throat that was designed by a chimpanzee. A vindictive incompetent rear end in a top hat chimpanzee who wants to make the game as unplayable, broken, and annoying as possible so that he can sell more expansions on the broken hopes and dreams that the next one will fix things instead of adding more problems. The amount of garbage and unfixed game-breaking bugs I have to mod out just to play The Sims 3 makes the stray pets in Sims 2 Pets that come around every day to dig up your yard look like a brilliantly designed wonderful feature.

With all the wackyness added in expansions the game can be in danger of getting all monkeycheese. I don't know why they thought making full moon so over the top would be a good idea.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

One thing to be aware of is that ErrorTrap doesn't fix problems, it just makes it so the game interface will tell you about them. Overwatch fixes problems, but for this one you want to make sure that "Reset Stuck Sims" is turned on, since I think it's off by default.

ErrorTrap does clean save games in an unspecified way.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Spending $40 on an expansion? You guys are crazy. At least it sounds good, there are two reviews out so far:

http://www.gamezone.com/reviews/2013/03/05/review-the-sims-3-university-life-bridges-an-important-gap
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/the-sims-3-university-life

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
GMG have a 50% off sale on Sims games, including University.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/sims-eu/

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's not so much that I don't want a new game, more that I can't think if how they're going to differentiate it significantly from 3. I guess we'll find out, though!

My guess would be them taking the agent system from Sim City to make the simulation outside your household more realistic. Which is what story mods already do but hey :v:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
After Sim City and the already questionable approach to bugs and monetization of Sims 3 I'm suspicious of what Sims 4 will be like.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

I figured Sims 4 would probably push the SimCity/Sims Online user connection deal to a more personal level. Pick a city, pick a house, move in, and there's like <x> other players living in that city who you might run into as you play. An offline mode would probably just disable that outright.

I thought about this but I can't see how you could do it well. It's fine in Sim City as the other players city is just some numbers that you won't even inspect visually very often, even if it changes drastically overnight you won't really care. In the Sims your neighbors could totally remake or move their house, make/lose friends, age, die and have children since the last time you played. I don't know how you could keep meaningful interaction with another players household if they could totally change in a few hours. If it never updates the snapshot of their household then it's not any better than downloading random families off the net and putting them in your town.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Just noticed something when buying Lucky Palms, you can't buy several of the worlds with Simpoints. So not only do they gently caress you around with selling items for odd numbers of points you can only buy three of the worlds with cash.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 6, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Torrannor posted:

I have never seen a post that was edited as often as your last post Carecat. What happened with Sunset Valley 7?

Are you spying on me :ohdear:

I gave up on Sunset Valley 7 after continuously losing sims when they went to work after the first day on the job. They would script error, could not be selected, were not on the map and could not be reset. Evicting the household would fix the sims but it would happen again, same if I deleted and remade the household. The major clue that something will go wrong is that when they first move in they don't have portraits on the left side until you save and load.

I gave up on that world and the same household is working flawlessly on Lucky Palms.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Do you mean foundations?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Laundry is the weirdest addition. Sure it's part of day to day life but it doesn't feel very natural ingame.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Do you really want closets when they have chest of drawers? They will take up about the same space and serve the same cosmetic function.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm not amazed by the university part of university, it's a much more demanding job in a town with a single venue. I thought there would be more to it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The pack includes The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack, and The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff.

The bundle is good value with almost any game there worth the $4.70. Almost.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I copy pasted that from their page and it definitely has the late night artwork in the picture.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It looks cleaner and a bit more stylized than 3 but you almost couldn't tell them apart. Higher resolution screenshots would help.

That feature list :allears: Everything is filler except the first three. I wonder if they will talk about fixing the engine, the performance and bugs are infamous in the community.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Some Sims 3 expansions are on sale through Origin, most importantly Island Paradise is 50% off.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Lots on sale on Amazon.com

THE SIMS 3 70s, 80s, & 90s STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 DIESEL STUFF PACK (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 DRAGON VALLEY (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 DRAGON VALLEY (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 FAST LANE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 GENERATIONS (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 HIGH-END LOFT STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 INTO THE FUTURE (PC/MAC) - 22.49
THE SIMS 3 MASTER SUITE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 MONTE VISTA (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 MOVIE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 MOVIE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 OUTDOOR LIVING STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 PETS (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 SUPERNATURAL (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 TOWN LIFE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 WORLDS BUNDLE - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 WORLDS BUNDLE - 9.99
THE SIMS MEDIEVAL (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS MEDIEVAL PIRATES AND NOBLES (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS (PC/MAC) - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS (PC/MAC) - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 LATE NIGHT (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 PLUS SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 PLUS SUPERNATURAL (PC/MAC) - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 UNIVERSITY LIFE (PC/MAC) - 14.99
THE SIMS 3 WORLD ADVENTURES (PC/MAC) - 9.99
THE SIMS 3 ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 19.99
THE SIMS 3 ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 19.99
THE SIMS 3 PLUS PETS (PC/MAC) - 19.99
THE SIMS 3 SEASONS (PC/MAC) - 19.99
THE SIMS 3 DELUXE (PC/MAC) - 24.49
THE SIMS 3 PLUS ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 24.49
THE SIMS 3 PLUS ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 24.49

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
From what I can find in Google they haven't changed anything about DVD expansions past Supernatural. I imagine a lot of their retail market would not be suitable to try and push into connection required download service.

You can put all DVD keys into Origin if you like.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There should be modified versions of all the official towns floating around with expansion pack locations added if you are partial to those.

Expansions are 50% off on Origin today. You may find them cheaper at retailers in Christmas sales.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Always check your mods website after a patch, they are quite fast about checking their compatibility.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They could be valid for Sims 4 if you want to hold out unless EA is evil enough to use a separate currency.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 26, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Feel free to edit your sims. Nothing will go wrong.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It will be interesting to see what they do with the store and online elements but chances are it will be the same as Sims 3 due to the number of boxed copies they sell.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm tempted to add this in the OP

http://modthesims.info/d/463902

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So what the hell happened to The Sims 4 anyway? They haven't said a word about it as far as I know since E3 last year.

It was looking quite finished back then. Now we just have to see if the update is worthwhile. Going from S2->S3 was mostly evolution outside of the revolutionary change to towns and again we have evolution and the main new thing appears to mostly be emotions and better CAS. It might be a tricky sell for those of us with most of the expansions.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They didn't put half the worlds on sale, that sucks.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Omnicarus posted:

The best thing about TS4 that I've seen so far is that they are creating the world with the expansion packs in mind, so we won't get the performance crush that TS3 + all expansions has.

The downside is that they seem to be stripping out poo poo left and right.

No Create a Style, no pools/swimming, no toddlers, no cars, no garages, no favorites, no zodiac signs, no rabbit holes/Sims just go off map for school/work, no 64bit(this is just pitiful in 2014), left/right handed sims removed, teens use adult models, etch, etch.

Performance fixed by downgrading the world simulation from Sims 3, released five years ago, as a brute force solution instead of anything clever that might take effort.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Considering their huge player base already put up with the heavy demands of Sims 3 that got far worse with expansions for five years they'd only need to make it as demanding as the base Sims 3

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

As far as moving hair goes, that would require a lot of animations work and would actually affect game performance. We would also need to add more physics into the game just to support the movement of hair. We know this is something people do want, but we just don’t have the resources available to make it happen with The Sims 4.

Five years after the last game in a series that sells tens of millions of copies with the expansion packs and you don't have the resources to make much progress in any area outside of more animations for moods, better CAS and better build tools?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Will this release go,

1) Not as bad as feared, polish and new features turn opinion around
2) Horrible Sim City style surprise
3) Average and redundant if you own Sims 3 with expansions

I'm leaning towards three, the reviews will go "Evolution on the series, nice improvements but not enough to sway existing players"

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 4, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They wouldn't make an adult version of the Sims in a thousand years. A couple of people already tried it and they didn't do very well.

Sim City could have been fine and everyone was very happy with it outside of the city size for the few hours before the flaws became obvious. They really hosed that one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Republican Vampire posted:

See, nine times out of ten that jogging and meeting and so on poo poo didn't work because of how badly kludged together TS3 was. Instead there'd be an inexplicable number of sims at whatever obscure neck of the woods you jogged to and the game'd chug as you watched your sim jog along the broken-rear end pathfinding. It'd be marginally better with mods, but that'd introduce more lag. Especially Story Progression.

Sims 4 does look pretty dire. Instead of stepping back to what works and iterating on that, they're pretty clearly releasing a lobotomized version of an online game. That said, I think it's weird to say that this is that bad compared to what a mess Sims 3 was at launch. It's gonna be disappointing at best, but so's every Sims product since Apartment Life.

Sims would be a natural fit for their agent system with the <100 residents it has to simulate. As long as none of the people from Sim City worked on it.

• Locked thread