Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
I saw Ottoman Gotland once. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Bishop Rodan posted:

I saw Ottoman Gotland once. :v:

I saw Ottomans take the Kola peninsula one time.
The same game had Persia colonize Taiwan and a majority of Indonesia, the Pope somehow ending up with land in Great Britain, and Russia be a thriving Republic.

EU3 is kind of amazingly silly sometimes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The best thing is the Ottomans conquering Rhodes and then releasing the (now Muslim) Knights Hospitaller as a vassal state.

e: In my current game Trebizond broke free of the Ottomans as a Muslim emirate, they now control all of Greece.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 7, 2013

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Ever seen muslim Ireland? Force Algiers to release Munster and then wait about 80 years.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Recent favorite moment was Russia breaking free of the Ming Empire.

This resulted in the Confucian Russian Empire battling a monstrous Catholic Lithuanian Empire for control of everything east of the Baltic and north of Caucasia while Iceland and I hung out hoarding all of North America.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Speaking of the Muslims getting up to crazy shenanigans:

They also own the area around Malaga as well. :wtc:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Or my other favorite thing is when a nation conquers some provinces and then later loses its original holdings, and you get something like Castille in Anatolia but not Iberia. Or the picture I posted a few days ago of Poland taking a stroll through the Asian steppes.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Or my other favorite thing is when a nation conquers some provinces and then later loses its original holdings, and you get something like Castille in Anatolia but not Iberia. Or the picture I posted a few days ago of Poland taking a stroll through the Asian steppes.

My personal favourite is Burgundy in Kamchatka.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Bishop Rodan posted:

My personal favourite is Burgundy in Kamchatka.

Teutonic California here.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
I dunno if it counts because I caused it but I did force Navarre to relocate to Alabama one time. Doing a Roman Empire game is such a pain in the rear end once the Europeans start colonising...

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mister Bates posted:

Do you perchance have a download link for that scenario?

:toxx:

I'll have a beta public release by the end of the month.

One thing I'm adding is an event that should fire for a human player explaining the current situation and recent history for all major powers, and a regional description for the others, that should help with context.

A lot of the history of Srbja LP was actually the byproduct of bugged events/decisions added by its many many players, so I'm confident people will forgive a little bit of revisionism to make sense of it. And also some of the rougher edges (such as Bosnia being Not-Kroatia while keeping the same flag and all).

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

ZearothK posted:

:toxx:

I'll have a beta public release by the end of the month.

One thing I'm adding is an event that should fire for a human player explaining the current situation and recent history for all major powers, and a regional description for the others, that should help with context.

A lot of the history of Srbja LP was actually the byproduct of bugged events/decisions added by its many many players, so I'm confident people will forgive a little bit of revisionism to make sense of it. And also some of the rougher edges (such as Bosnia being Not-Kroatia while keeping the same flag and all).

I may be wrong about this, but didn't :swoon:Srbja:swoon: end up with a unique religion for itself?

That LP was a Steppe Wolfe LP before there were Steppe Wolfe LPs :allears:.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DrProsek posted:

I may be wrong about this, but didn't :swoon:Srbja:swoon: end up with a unique religion for itself?

That LP was a Steppe Wolfe LP before there were Steppe Wolfe LPs :allears:.

Two, actually. It had a Syncretic religion that dominated the nation (mix of Buddhism, Greek Neo-Paganism, Christianity and Islam) and a Christian heresy that was mostly Orthodox that acknowledged Mohammed and had some pagan elements. Right now there are POPs with those religions, but not sure if I'll do more with that, since V2 doesn't do much for religion.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Crameltonian posted:

I dunno if it counts because I caused it but I did force Navarre to relocate to Alabama one time. Doing a Roman Empire game is such a pain in the rear end once the Europeans start colonising...

Set Quest for a New World to require Navaltech 90, it makes the game kind of more fun.
Wonder if there's actually a mod that limits the EU3 scope to just Europe/N. Africa/Middle East. One that changes the AI Idea preferences too, as it seems some AIs still go for colonization ideas, even with QFaNW unattainable.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Why is :allears:SERBIA:allears: a thing? Is it because of the fierce nationalism of some of the people on Paradox's forums or something?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Bishop Rodan posted:

Speaking of the Muslims getting up to crazy shenanigans:

They also own the area around Malaga as well. :wtc:

Geert Wilders was right!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

DrSunshine posted:

Why is :allears:SERBIA:allears: a thing? Is it because of the fierce nationalism of some of the people on Paradox's forums or something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MuyLraUsh4

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
How the gently caress Tito held Yugoslavia together for so long I'll never be able to figure out.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
It's not as crazy as the other things mentioned in this thread, but it's also funny to me that Scotland ends up overrunning England in all of my games. I think someone in the last thread described that Highlanders event as, "giving Scotland enough men to build a space elevator out of bodies" or something like that, and it fits perfectly.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don't the Ottomans have something like that too? Or do they just have silly amounts of MP to defend their eastern borders?
I just know I can only beat them as say Castille if I have a bigger Navy than them and lock their armies out of Europe. (I actually beat the Ottomans in a war as Genoa by doing the opposite too)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Ottomans are basically proto-France in 1399. They've got pretty decent manpower already, and they get the +50% MP national idea on top of that. They also have the best units in the world at the time. Unfortunately for them, the AI is usually too stupid to a) conquer Thrace ASAP, even with the mission to do so, b) reconquer the Turkish beyliks that they have cores on, and c) not get eaten by the Timurids. Although I guess that's kind of historically accurate. Bayezid was killed by Timur, which precipitated a 20-year succession war between his three sons.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Wiz posted:

This is high on my agenda for "things I am going to ask to be allowed to work on".
What else is high on your list? (I'm aware any or all of them may or may not happen depending upon the whims of your cruel Scandinavian overlords.)

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

DrSunshine posted:

Because of xenophobic elitism of Western European/North American posters that makes people view Serbs as grotesque nationalist caricatures that everyone can make fun of and feel better about themselves

lol just kidding, it's the clay thing

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcatcher posted:

Because of xenophobic elitism of Western European/North American posters that makes people view Serbs as grotesque nationalist caricatures that everyone can make fun of and feel better about themselves

lol just kidding, it's the clay thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpj3x2oLho

How could you not make fun of Serbia?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I just noticed that EU3+ doesn't let you play any non-bookmarked dates, is there a reason for this?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Jabarto posted:

I just noticed that EU3+ doesn't let you play any non-bookmarked dates, is there a reason for this?

The history in regular eu3 is actual real life history where as the history in eu3+ is not. So theres not a thing to base the map off of, and it would be a whole heck of a lot of work to fix the history files to fit a bunch of other dates probably.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

run DNC posted:

The history in regular eu3 is actual real life history where as the history in eu3+ is not. So theres not a thing to base the map off of, and it would be a whole heck of a lot of work to fix the history files to fit a bunch of other dates probably.

I was mainly asking because it removed the option entirely (plenty of mods don't have accurate history files but leave the option in), and I was wondering if starting at other dates would break any scripting or something.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Please add this educational video to the Hearts of Iron 3 segment of the OP.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Friend Wiz, playing eu3+ and Nicea formed Byzantium. This made all of Greece and Anatolia become Byzatine cores but also become Nicean cores which is not whats supposed to happen I think.

edit: Actually it gave Nicea cores on every Greek culture province and Byzantium cores on everything Byzantium is supposed to have cores on.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Coolodile posted:

HoI3 is the best Paradox game, hands down.

While you're on it Gorgo, add this lesser effort to EU3's description.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Coolodile posted:

They should hire that guy to do all their promotional trailers.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

They should hire that guy to do all their promotional trailers.

Yeah no poo poo that is unironically better than any Paradox trailer. Whatever he made that was actually commercially useful would be way better.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Coolodile posted:

The greatest moment I feel of this is deciding to invade France by just charging through the Maginot Line. There's no moment of that that's not amazing, but that made it hilarious for me. It almost makes me want to try to learn to play HoI3 well, but production and manually controlling forces are still a nightmare for me :v:.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Another eu3+ thing, Cathedrals require government tech 29 but city hall requires government tech 24 and a cathedral.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Coolodile posted:

Is it bad that the first thing I thought was "I wish the game ran that fast (for the Poland and France-conquering sections)"?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

DrProsek posted:

The greatest moment I feel of this is deciding to invade France by just charging through the Maginot Line. There's no moment of that that's not amazing, but that made it hilarious for me. It almost makes me want to try to learn to play HoI3 well, but production and manually controlling forces are still a nightmare for me :v:.

I have been playing Paradox games since EU2 but have never, ever been able to play any of the World War 2 era games well. For some reason they are just a huge impenetrable mess for me... I feel like I really missed the boat by not learning on HoI2 first. I just wish those games were as easy to pick up and play as Ck2 or EU3

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DrProsek posted:

Every time I've fired up HOI3 and looked at the troop deployments and theatre management webs, my eyes sort of glazed over and I started to feel very stupid. I like managing the politics and tech research stuff, but holy crap is that other stuff a mess. Where do you even start learning?

Hence why I asked for a Kersch-like educational LP back a couple pages.

You know, it would be really nice if Paradox ever got to the modern day, and made something more like a political / economic simulator with a lessened military aspect. So, something following where HOI4 will leave off, at the end of the Cold War. I imagine that managing a modern political state, especially if it was sort of character-based, would be pretty interesting.

Imagine trying to get your Senator elected president, with a periodic election map, making campaign promises, etc. Or how about instead of playing as a particular leader or the nation as a whole, you played as a party? So you'd have to do all sorts of CK2-like backroom dealings with political figures, lobbyists and PACs, corporations, and the like.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 8, 2013

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Hey Wiz, not sure if they've been reported yet but just in case, using the latest version of EU3+ it looks like Luks (in Prussia) is an Italian and Pisan core.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

BBJoey posted:

Hey Wiz, not sure if they've been reported yet but just in case, using the latest version of EU3+ it looks like Luks (in Prussia) is an Italian and Pisan core.

Old save? Some province IDs changed.

EDIT: Did you do a clean install? If not that's probably why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

In my EU3+ save, Finland and Spain have been stuck in a Finnish War of Revolution with Scandinavia for like ever. I can't tell how long without digging into the save file but it's been at least 100 years. Scandinavia is completely occupied, has no overseas holdings and is stuck at -3 stability but nobody wants to make peace. It's completely bizarre to me since it takes a major country out of the game.

• Locked thread