Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/18/mod-of-the-week-after-the-end-for-crusader-kings-ii/

Really neat CK2 mod about the united states after a collapse. So medieval tech, but pseudo modern borders. Florida is dominated by people who worship Mickey, "The tribe of the mouse", etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Elendil004 posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/18/mod-of-the-week-after-the-end-for-crusader-kings-ii/

Really neat CK2 mod about the united states after a collapse. So medieval tech, but pseudo modern borders. Florida is dominated by people who worship Mickey, "The tribe of the mouse", etc.

...made by people who post in this very thread :ssh:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Allyn posted:

did they put in mr.mcmahon like I suggested?

or was that some other guy with a north america mod?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The one thing I want in HoI4 is to use destroyers as convoys and recreate the Tokyo Express, with a massive associated cost. Mostly because in my last HoI3 game I didn't pay enough attention to building convoys and had way too many obsolete destroyers which weren't doing anything while my pacific army starved. Which I guess is historical :v:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Allyn posted:

Oh I have only gotten into this recently, but hadn't seen anything. When can we expect to see the left coast?

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
Oh my. I'm playing After the End right now and it's immediately my new favorite mod. Its so totally different to regular CK2 and not a grindfest like the GOT mod. Its got some rough edges, sure, but I can see it has some real potential. I really dig the vibe and the weirdness of it all.

An amazing amount of work has gone into this already. I'm very excited to see what comes of it.

Cargo Culture fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 28, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The GOT mod wasn't grindy for me, it was just total crazy war all the time and that just gets boring.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cargo Culture posted:

Oh my. I'm playing After the End right now and it's immediately my new favorite mod.

I can't wait for the West Coast to show up. I wanna take the Merchant Republic of Francisco and lead it in battle against the Sacramens and the Hollwoods to reunify the Gold Kingdom. :black101:

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

P.S. ily Joss <3

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I can't wait for the West Coast to show up. I wanna take the Merchant Republic of Francisco and lead it in battle against the Sacramens and the Hollwoods to reunify the Gold Kingdom. :black101:

Even the stuff in the middle would be great. Borrowing 300 gold from Vegas moneylenders!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cargo Culture posted:

Even the stuff in the middle would be great. Borrowing 300 gold from Vegas moneylenders!

The legendary city of Lost Vegas, run by Elvis impersonators.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
There should be a decisions to form the Kingdom of Bel Air as a Philadelphian in Los Angles.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My hope for Washington is a mix of hippies, survivalists, and Bigfoot cultists.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

There should be a decisions to form the Kingdom of Bel Air as a Philadelphian in Los Angles.

Maybe as an obscure event chain that requires you to have family there?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

NewMars posted:

Maybe as an obscure event chain that requires you to have family there?

The prophecy is fulfilled!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Allyn posted:

:ssh:

Elendil004 posted:

Oh I have only gotten into this recently, but hadn't seen anything. When can we expect to see the left coast?
loving forever from now, probably. Province work is scattershot and dependent upon wherever the whims of fancy take us that day. The current dev version of the mod's map is a bit more developed, but not by much:

compared to

I want to say that once my last day working retail comes around, I'll do more proper work, but at the same time I'm probably going to end up doing a lot more substitute teaching work as the year progresses and I'm running for public office and that's been taking up more and more time too.

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

P.S. ily Joss <3
Any way to crowdsource that province work?

A_Spec
Nov 2, 2012

For those that are wondering, we're showing off Charlemagne off tonight at 7pm Stockholm.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

How many of you sneaky Paradox devs are there who have SA accounts? :tinfoil:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

BBJoey posted:

How many of you sneaky Paradox devs are there who have SA accounts? :tinfoil:

Everyone in this thread is a developer.

Including you.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is anyone going to be recording the stream or is it going to be bookmarked on Twitch for later viewing or something?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ofaloaf posted:

and I'm running for public office

Everyone vote Ofaloaf 2016!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ofaloaf posted:

:ssh:

loving forever from now, probably. Province work is scattershot and dependent upon wherever the whims of fancy take us that day. The current dev version of the mod's map is a bit more developed, but not by much:

compared to

I want to say that once my last day working retail comes around, I'll do more proper work, but at the same time I'm probably going to end up doing a lot more substitute teaching work as the year progresses and I'm running for public office and that's been taking up more and more time too.

Any way for folks like us to help, at least carving out provinces or something?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

and I'm running for public office

Best of luck to ya! You're gonna need a lot of ducats in your campaign fund if you're a younger guy and your opponent's some old dude from one of the rival houses.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GrossMurpel posted:

Everyone vote Ofaloaf 2016!

I can see the Victoria 2 financial screen attack ads already:

Ofaloaf supports raising your taxes to 100% (26% effective) !!! Do you really want to support a candidate that wants more bureaucracy?!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

DrSunshine posted:

Best of luck to ya! You're gonna need a lot of ducats in your campaign fund if you're a younger guy and your opponent's some old dude from one of the rival houses.

Have you considered plotting to kill your opponents?

Man that's dark.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Elendil004 posted:

Have you considered plotting to kill your opponents?

Man that's dark.

You can also just give them a good tumble!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
"Leadership experience? Well, I've managed to conquer the world with Iceland."

*loud murmurs from the crowd, opponent's smile becomes more forced*

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I'm Ofaloaf, and I approve this message.

*fade to black, black-and-white slide show of police brutality, food lines, post-Katrina disaster*

In the last eight years, America's home front has been brought to the brink. Spherelings have been dropping out left and right, under the watchful and tenacious influence of the Russian Federation and Communist China; American RGOs are no longer productive, and factory throughput bonuses have plummeted. Jacobin rebels patrol the streets freely, while armed Anarcho-Liberals threaten uprising at every turn.

Abroad, relations with our longtime allies have been strained. Once-important relationships with United Kingdom (75) and Germany (-10) have plummeted. France has abandoned our alliance, citing poor modifiers and too many agreements with other Great Powers. Our soldiers are mired in provinces with a low liferating, suffering waves of attrition that we can ill afford to bear. War exhaustion remains high, fomenting dissent at home.

*resume full color*

*image of American flag fluttering in the breeze, soothing and patriotic tones begin playing*

It's time to change all that.

*Photo of Ofaloaf, smiling and wearing a hardhat on a job site photo-op*

Under my leadership, I promise to restore America's economy by Encouraging Clerks in key states, bringing life back into our industry. Free trade with our "lesser partners" must be restored to ensure markets for our goods. Our budget must be stabilized and bloated Bureaucratic sliders brought under control, and we can finally work to begin repaying the Bank of Communist China on loans accrued by my predecessors.

*Ofaloaf, shaking hands with foreign dignitaries*

I promise to Improve Relations with our old friends, the other Great Powers. Russian belligerence will no longer go unchecked, as a key part of my first 100 days strategy involves Guaranteeing Independence to the people of Ukraine. I vow to not let our 9 diplomats sit idly by, neglected and unused. America's badboy rating must be tended to carefully if we are to earn back the respect that we once commanded as the world's #1 most prestigious, most industrial power, and our military strength must continue to be unrivaled.

I hope you'll join me this November, as the nation takes to the polls. Otherwise, some other power may win the game...

(Paid for by the Committee To Elect Ofaloaf)

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Drone posted:

I'm Ofaloaf, and I approve this message.

*fade to black, black-and-white slide show of police brutality, food lines, post-Katrina disaster*

In the last eight years, America's home front has been brought to the brink. Spherelings have been dropping out left and right, under the watchful and tenacious influence of the Russian Federation and Communist China; American RGOs are no longer productive, and factory throughput bonuses have plummeted. Jacobin rebels patrol the streets freely, while armed Anarcho-Liberals threaten uprising at every turn.

Abroad, relations with our longtime allies have been strained. Once-important relationships with United Kingdom (75) and Germany (-10) have plummeted. France has abandoned our alliance, citing poor modifiers and too many agreements with other Great Powers. Our soldiers are mired in provinces with a low liferating, suffering waves of attrition that we can ill afford to bear. War exhaustion remains high, fomenting dissent at home.

*resume full color*

*image of American flag fluttering in the breeze, soothing and patriotic tones begin playing*

It's time to change all that.

*Photo of Ofaloaf, smiling and wearing a hardhat on a job site photo-op*

Under my leadership, I promise to restore America's economy by Encouraging Clerks in key states, bringing life back into our industry. Free trade with our "lesser partners" must be restored to ensure markets for our goods. Our budget must be stabilized and bloated Bureaucratic sliders brought under control, and we can finally work to begin repaying the Bank of Communist China on loans accrued by my predecessors.

*Ofaloaf, shaking hands with foreign dignitaries*

I promise to Improve Relations with our old friends, the other Great Powers. Russian belligerence will no longer go unchecked, as a key part of my first 100 days strategy involves Guaranteeing Independence to the people of Ukraine. I vow to not let our 9 diplomats sit idly by, neglected and unused. America's badboy rating must be tended to carefully if we are to earn back the respect that we once commanded as the world's #1 most prestigious, most industrial power, and our military strength must continue to be unrivaled.

I hope you'll join me this November, as the nation takes to the polls. Otherwise, some other power may win the game...

(Paid for by the Committee To Elect Ofaloaf)

:worship: perfect

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

If I win, you're getting an honorary title.

e:

DrSunshine posted:

Also this is a scary accurate description of what the race is.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 28, 2014

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ofaloaf posted:

If I win, you're getting an honorary title.

Court Jester.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The bit where you linked to a Paradox song that wasn't Falalan, regardless of how inappropriate, was Not Good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Pakled posted:

Court Jester.

Court Poet. :colbert:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Court Poet. :colbert:

Keeper of the Swans.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
So in amongst the other Paradox announcements, does anyone know anything more about this Ancient Space dealie? The sci-fi RTS Paradox is publishing?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Tomn posted:

So in amongst the other Paradox announcements, does anyone know anything more about this Ancient Space dealie? The sci-fi RTS Paradox is publishing?

Well it's got money thrown at it, that's for sure.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Tentatively hopeful, given that Paradox doesn't tend to make or publish complete trash any more. It should be out in September if they are sticking to a Q3 release.

Please don't break my heart, Johann.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Westminster System posted:

Tentatively hopeful, given that Paradox doesn't tend to make or publish complete trash any more. It should be out in September if they are sticking to a Q3 release.

Please don't break my heart, Johann.

I'm not involved in 3rd party.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pdxjohan posted:

I'm not involved in 3rd party.

I don't see how that's relevant. It's still your fault that SotS2 was buggy as gently caress on release, for example. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

GrossMurpel posted:

I don't see how that's relevant. It's still your fault that SotS2 was buggy as gently caress on release, for example. :colbert:

Oh, so it's fixed now, is it?

• Locked thread