Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I recently (once again) started up with Vicky 2 and remembered how much I love it. But after playing with the NNM mod for quite some time I am looking for something new. Is the gsg/vickymod any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Back To 99 posted:

gently caress Rome, Rome, always Rome! i want to terrorize the world as Assyria.

This guy knows what's up.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Alexander should just have a random chance of attacking China, either through Central Asia, or up from India.

Every game has a slight chance of Mesoamericans landing on the east coast. They call it the Sunrise Invasion.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Sindai posted:

Oh man I just remembered that after the HoI4 delays Johan swore they would stop announcing games unless they're already in alpha, so Augustus will be closer to release than you'd think.

(Until it gets delayed anyway. Thanks Hofstadter's law.)

I'll chuckle if it comes out before HOI4.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Star posted:

I recently (once again) started up with Vicky 2 and remembered how much I love it. But after playing with the NNM mod for quite some time I am looking for something new. Is the gsg/vickymod any good?

Try my mod, cool things happen to America in it, like Cthulhu invading

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want a Rome with a converter to CK2 with a converter to EU4 and for Groogy to maintain them all and have the conversion process scan my brain to make sure my personal narrative is accurately translated.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cynic Jester posted:

Every game has a slight chance of Mesoamericans landing on the east coast. They call it the Sunrise Invasion.
Noon Invasion: Polynesians attack China from the south in a quest to retake their homeland.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Baronjutter posted:

I want a Rome with a converter to CK2 with a converter to EU4 and for Groogy to maintain them all and have the conversion process scan my brain to make sure my personal narrative is accurately translated.

I only want this to happen so Groggy must accept Hellenism into his heart. :pray:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
We must give sacrifice to...hm. Who would be in charge of video games? I want to say either Apollo or Mercury.

Or possibly Vesta.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

We must give sacrifice to...hm. Who would be in charge of video games? I want to say either Apollo or Mercury.

Or possibly Vesta.

Fortuna, of course

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Jeoh posted:

Fortuna, of course
These are games of skill, mister.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

These are games of skill, mister.

the villagers have spotted a pig in the sky

- it's an omen
- stab it
- give it a good tumble
- dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Caissa seems most appropriate, really.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do you people want another victoria it's a terrible game

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Because it's the most interesting time period.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
You know, come to think of it, "There is no stabbing of pigs" MIGHT mean a revamp of EU Rome's stability mechanic...or else it might mean "No, the game isn't EU Rome 2 with its pig stabs, we already said it's not a sequel, stop guessing that."

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star posted:

Because it's the most interesting time period.

for me to poop on

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Mechanically it is also the most interesting.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

It'd be mechanically more interesting if you interacted with most of the mechanics. Victoria 2 has a huge problem with having neat, complicated mechanics which are too obtuse or only vaguely interacted with on the player layer. Furthermore the political system is absolutely terrible from a gameplay perspective.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I actually like that the market could only be influenced, not controlled. Changing that guts the game. The politics could use a overhaul tho.
P

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Victoria 2 is interesting like a mechanical clock is interesting. There are far better ways to tell time but oooh look at the whirry spinny things going on inside.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Hint #4:

PDX posted:

Terrain truly matters in this game.
Chinese Garden Simulator confirmed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Johan Andersson's Civilization: Rise of Rome.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Epinephrine posted:

Instead of barometric pressure and temperature tracked per map space, astronomical alignment will be tracked and compounded with terrain for use in battle feng shui calculations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I would love an awesome game on the Victorian period.

Victoria 1/2 were not that game. :smith:

EDIT: Terrain, huh? Maybe not a space game after all.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Epinephrine posted:

Hint #4:

Everyone in that thread is trying to figure out what time period terrain really mattered in, but I think from that hint it's pretty clear the game won't be a grand strategy game. If I had to guess now, it's going to be another attempt at a Runemaster sort of thing. Maybe even reusing a lot of the same code, since they clearly put excessive amounts of work into it before realizing "oops it isn't fun".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fintilgin posted:

EDIT: Terrain, huh? Maybe not a space game after all.
I thought exactly the opposite. Terrain is super important in space because you can only colonize planets. :v:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I'm guessing it's a Roman-era game, it's just "a new IP" because EU:Rome was part of the Europa Universalis IP. So it's EU:Rome 2 in all but name.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I bet what's actually happening is Johan is just posting a mix of nonsense and truisms that bear no relation to anything and laughing at everyone trying to decipher the hidden code.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
The original Duke Nukem 3D was a huge hit in 1996, but it took 7 years from Duke Nukem Forever's first trailer in 2007 until it's release in 2014. Duke doesn't stab pigs, he uses his mighty foot for melee. Paradox have acquired the Duke Nukem IP and are excited to announce their first foray into the Duke Nukem universe. "Terrain truly matters" means it's gonna be a cover shooter.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

(Political) terrain is important, EvW2 confirmed.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
I was gonna do a bunch of research to back my claims but... it's Half-Life 3 guys, trust me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Alchenar posted:

I bet what's actually happening is Johan is just posting a mix of nonsense and truisms that bear no relation to anything and laughing at everyone trying to decipher the hidden code.
Don't be ridiculous. Paradox would never deliberately troll fans about the possibility of Rome 2.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

SeaTard posted:

(Political) terrain is important, EvW2 confirmed.

Um it's a new IP.

It's called West vs East.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alchenar posted:

I assume everybody here is on the level that Johan's lateral thinking is indecipherable, which is why we are all going off the rail with our suggestions/guesses.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

grancheater posted:

Um it's a new IP.

It's called West vs East.

Rome vs. Constantinople?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

OddObserver posted:

Rome vs. Han?

ftfy :getin:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont know what to think of the teasers but I am praying for a space game. If it were not for the "three and seven are important" or whatever I would be inclined to think spacegame, but it is probably Roman related.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

The original Duke Nukem 3D was a huge hit in 1996, but it took 7 years from Duke Nukem Forever's first trailer in 2007 until it's release in 2014. Duke doesn't stab pigs, he uses his mighty foot for melee. Paradox have acquired the Duke Nukem IP and are excited to announce their first foray into the Duke Nukem universe. "Terrain truly matters" means it's gonna be a cover shooter.

2011 actually, so four years. Which is still a long time but I feel not unprecedented.

...not that those four years paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Hoping for Civilisation: Paradox Edition.

For a minimum of three and a maximum of seven players, terrain is important since it determines tile yields, and pigs were dropped from the game to save time.

• Locked thread