Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising

Gorgo Primus posted:

I've posted on this before, but basically their Cold War scenarios were really really bad. For example their I/P scenario had Fascist and Nazi Arabs fighting with max 10 Org. units against an Israel with 100 org. troops, in a scenario so utterly unbalanced and poorly thought out that the victory screen for both sides was the Israeli one. Their India-Pakistan War scenario had similar issues, and their Corean War scenario had the North needing to capture Jeju to win... when only China had a navy (with but one transport).

Not to mention with the I/P scenario, the Arab states troops all had something like 10-30 strength, and israel had 30.

There's a mulitplier on strength, that makes it only as % effective in attacking as its strength. It meant one Israeli unit could take on up to 3 enemy units toe to toe. It was all just horrible balance.

sniper4625 posted:

A bunch of us played the 1948 War one as the Arabs - 6 human players, working in total unison, were unable to beat the Israeli super-divisions. Slightly rigged scenario.

Yeah, I was the only one that survived as Egypt cause I stuck a destroyer in the suez so they couldn't cross it, Israel just went out and annexed Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
I think at one point i'd surrounded a single israeli division in the sinai with another 4 divisions and it defeated all of them horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising

ThePutty posted:

Asia. Apparently Australia isn't discovered yet

All things considered, while Western and Northern Australia had been landed on and mapped hundreds of years earlier by dutch, chinese and indonesians, it was only toward the 1770s and later that anyone had bothered to map New Zealand and the Australian eastern coastline which was more habitable than the monsoonal deserts and tropical wetlands that had been found previously to the northwest.

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising

SeaTard posted:

Fired up CK2 again, and ran into a fun little bug. If you start the game as a republic, get bumped down so you're no longer the Doge, and then declare a war of independence to get out from under him, the game ends in a game over:

This isn't a bug sorry. Republics cannot be playable and do not have patrician families if the primary title is count or baron.

If you were a duke or higher and declared independence it might have worked, but you are a city in that picture and therefore would not have created an independent trade republic.

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising

DrProsek posted:

Just a free tip for you/Johan/marketing, I only read dev diaries for EUIV to see if they mention Falalalan. Only way I'll preorder is confirmation of Falalalan in EUIV :colbert:.

I think it was already in CK2 as a reworked version under the name of intaberna?

• Locked thread