Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I also got a Steam code for A House Divided buying it from Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So in my latest Vicky 2 game I sphered a country, then decided I wanted to annex it instead. Unfortunately you can't declare war on anything you have sphered, so I'm kinda stuck with it now. What can I edit in the savegame to make it a colony?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Average Bear posted:

Bring up the console. Type "showprovinceid", then hover over the province(s) you want. It will show that province's id number. Type "changeowner [your tag in all caps] [provinceid]". Do that for every province you want to annex.
Thanks, that worked great.

Playing as Italy, Austria offers an alliance out of the blue. They seem like they're doing pretty well, I accept.

Well then. :stare:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Thern posted:

How am I supposed to use the elections to influence the party I want to get elected? I'm playing as South Africa, and I'm trying to get the Progressive Party out of office so that I can get State Capitalism instead, but no matter how hard I try the Progressive Party keeps getting reelected. I thought it was just a matter of picking the choices that aligned with the party you wanted, but it didn't seem to work.
That will just influence a portion of your POPs to be more in favor of the issues that you support; it doesn't necessarily guarantee a victory for your party of choice.

Also note which political reforms you have; some will give the ruling party a greater chance of being reelected.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Speaking of music, anyone know any good sources of free (public domain or Creative Commons) music from the Victoria era? I've already imported the Victoria 1 soundtrack.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

PBJ posted:

I've noticed that's the case with Imgur when trying to upload screenshots from Vicky 2. To fix it, I changed the file type from .bmp to .jpg.

Also, a map from my Danubian Federation game. I'll let you all figure out the differences.

How do you own Alsace-Lorraine and nothing else between it and the rest of your country?

Thanks everyone for the music suggestions.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I've never quite understood for these countries where you see one title extending over multiple nations (like South German Federation here) - what exactly causes that to happen? Are the other nations satellites?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It seems like it would be hard, but I think I need to play a game that forms Babylon and becomes fascist. One reason:

Badass flag, or the most badass flag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Don Gato posted:

I'd say that HoD is pretty drat essential, it fixes a lot of problems, and now it's possible to actually beat the British Empire.
On this note, is forming India feasible in HOD, or still a longshot?

• Locked thread