Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Unleash the fiery Armageddon.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Edit: On the topic of EU3 Plus. For the colonial power decision what provinces are the Northern/Southern exploration ports?

If I remember right you can check which provinces are in these groups with the Regions map mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

It might help to break up that tooltip a bit, so if you conquered Alexandria, Mecca, and Libya as France you might, when looking at Egypt see:

Infidel holding our co-religionist provinces (Alexandria, Mecca, Libya) - 30
You have conquered our core province (Alexandria) -50
You have conquered a province of our culture (Alexandria) - 30
You have conquered a province on our border (Libya) -10
You have conquered a province of our friend (Hejaz - Mecca) -20
Total -140

That would be a lot more informative then just 'Aggressive Expansion' -140

A system using this distribution of relation penalties (and bonuses!) would make lots of sense and will be more interesting to play than the old system. More interesting diplomacy is great, and this could help the AI to take more sensible decision, for instance helping taking Mecca back from infidels instead of randomly attacking Tunisia in a war of aggression for instance.

Also, "fought to the end" is a great modifier and the AI shouldn't ignore the fact that you for bailed out of a war as it just started.

Will March of the Eagles integrate a similar diplomacy system, or will that be just for EU IV?

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, that was really dumb. Once I boosted to +3 stability, I was doing religious conversions in 20 months, which is utterly ridiculous. The Ottomans really need a mechanic where it pays off for them to not go all out converting Christians.

With their Unique National Idea that gives +33% Religious Unity, you can stop converting at some point as is it isn't that necessary when you reach 100%. No tax bonuses for other religions however.

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, I understand you wouldn't have to, but you have 3 Missionaries just doing nothing. I can't help but convert them so they won't be uppity if poo poo gets real, apparently even if it's a demo that only lasts 30 years. I think they need to find a way where there's some benefit from not converting them, or even if converting provinces was a big hassle. Which it probably should be really.

Agreed, basically like in EU3 there's not much reason to not paint your whole empire to your religion. Maybe if Jizya (the extra tax for non-muslim people) was better implemented in game, and conversion was harder, it would be interesting to have the choice to convert (for less revolt risk after converting and better religious unity) or not to convert (no revolt risk now because of conversion, more money, better relations with neighbors having that religion).

Still, the change on the conversion mechanics (progress instead of of a random chance) is GREAT. Same for diplo-annexation and colonizing, the removal of arbitrary dice rolls is really welcome.

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Trade system is still not completely transparent to me, especially on where I should have light ships patrolling :

For instance playing the Ottomans, I had one merchant collecting in Constantinople and one in Ragusa also collecting (which gave me more money than forwarding trade from Crimea), but I am not sure if I should have light ships spread around the different lanes (10 -> Constantinople, 10 -> Ragusa, 10 -> Crimea) or bundle them up where the increase in Trade Power would wield the most money. Is there a diminishing return on the number of light ships in patrol for a given lane?

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Dibujante posted:

Don't you need +190 to vassalize to begin with? How do you do that? Is that basically a way of forcing you to win some wars with your junior allies in order to vassalize them?

What he meant is that you can get a total of +200 relations from "improve relations" with one of your vassals instead of the usual +100 max with other countries. This helps a lot inheriting different religions vassals and such. Still, having the same rivals and all makes it faster.

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

I am going to vacation in Stockholm for a week or so, is there a way to get a tour of the Paradox offices ? :v:

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Zerf posted:

We usually don't give fan tours of our office unless there are special events etc. You are however welcome to PM me, Darkrenown, Wiz or podcat if you want to meet us for a beer or two after working hours. Unless you're a creepy anti-social person of course, we don't want to drink beer to awkward silence :)

Well, beer(s) sounds good! Do not worry about silence, I'm usually the talktative one. I'll send a PM your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaos
Dec 30, 2008

Autonomous Monster posted:

Emperor of the Fading Suns

That game was pretty good, I also remember seeing an LP of it on SA at some point (probably empty now because of Waffleimages disappearance). The Universe is very cool as well, space opera + medieval byzantine setting with all kind of cool stuff thrown around.

• Locked thread