Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kersch posted:

AI Castille has done pretty well for itself

That's a more historically accurate colonial map than I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The crisis system looks like a fantastic addition to the game, and I really appreciate the added transparency in the AI's reasons for making diplomatic decisions.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 28, 2013

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DrProsek posted:

Also something I do think really needs addressing. This is affecting my enjoyment of HoD:

(notice the government type and the name of the nation. Also I am kidding, I just find this funny)

This isn't really notable? Countries lie about themselves in their name all the time. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is none of those four things!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just, as France, declared war on Prussia, a great power, with acquiring Nordrhein as a wargoal. Prussia brought in its bundle of north german allies in the war, and somehow, Wurttemberg ended up as war leader. Prussia was getting beat up by Austria at the moment, so its military score was really low, but shouldn't a great power be leading the war if it's in it?

Having Wurttemberg cede Prussian Nordrhein in a war seems really off.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 19, 2013

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please repay your loans.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Drone posted:

What rank are you? I'm almost certain V2 markets work like Ricky ones: great powers get first dibs, then secondary powers, then just normal "civilized" ones, then uncivs. It could be that the countries above you are buying it all.

It goes by order of (sphere?) -> prestige in V2. First, you buy/sell in countries that share a sphere with you, then you go on the world market by order of prestige.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uPen posted:

Anyone else seeing Austria having a LOT of trouble with the new crisis system? I'm regularly seeing them forced to release huge portions of their empire like Venice and Hungary which forces them out of GP status. Once that happens Prussia/NGF/Germany and Italy seem to jump all over them biting off chunks of territory until Austria ceases to exist.
I've played two full games so far, as France and Swedenavia, and Austria's done fine. In my games, it's been the Ottomans that kept getting screwed by the crises and losing chunks of its empire in the Balkans, to the point where Russia started taking the Ottoman side in crises to provide a counterweight against Austria in my first game.

Granted, I saw Prussia as the main threat to me in both games, so I took the anti-Prussian side in a crisis whenever I could afford to, so that no doubt advantaged Austria and helped it stay strong.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was just listening to the excellent Three Moves Ahead podcast (the latest episode is on Sons of Abraham), and someone who seems close to Paradox (he's seen stuff from future CK2 expansions, for one) mentioned that "they're plotting out Victoria 3 right now" :swoon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Paradox Development Studio is now recruiting in a plan to expand the development team. The following positions are now open.

-Tablet Programmer (2 Positions) :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
-Tools Programmer (1 position)
-Senior Programmer (3 Positions)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's a shame though because the Napoleonic Wars are a fairly popular subject in the wargaming/strategy gaming crowd, and a successful MOTE could have paved the way to a dedicated American Civil War game. And if theme matters, I bet ACW would sell pretty well, to say nothing of how much more accessible a Paradox game would be compared to Crown of Glory or AGEOD.

Why would a Paradox ACW game be good? Paradox doesn't really make games where the combat is the point, and only two factions limits the complexity elsewhere (you know, the actual great parts of Paradox games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

Bigger, fancier digs, huh? That's pretty cool! :3:

bigger digs -> wwi game

• Locked thread