Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pre-ordered because I want to play as Vietnam and slowly but surely become the dominant power in south Asia and later the pacific and of course eventually employ reverse-colonialism and take over France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

DStecks posted:

Indeed, why not attempt to model the Israel-Palestine conflict in a video game, especially when their fanbase is already notorious for making nationalistic mountains out of molehills?

I´m not satisfied until I can impregnate Ariel Sharon.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Paradox game focused on the Third World in the mid 20th century where you would play as a leader of a country recently independent from some European power and have to try to get your country in order while dealing with foreign powers trying to influence or depose you would be neat.

Probably wouldn't sell very well since more people want to be William the Conqueror or Saladin than Patrice Lumumba or Idi Amin.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Crowsbeak posted:

What I would like to see would be a game that would take the ideas of CK and turn it into a game about crime families, with you trying to advance certain types of criminal enterprises while ensuring your crime family doesn't die out due to other families, or different national governments. Also make it an option for the player to take over third world governments if they accumulate enough power.

A cross between Gangsters: Organized Crime and CK2 would be pretty much perfect.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Third World Maoism is the light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOMEUamYkc

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm thinking about giving EU4 another try someday. I hosed around a bit as Thailand and colonized Australia and made some failed attempts to reach the west coast of America. Then I gave up because it felt a bit dull and impersonal compared to CK2. When the enemy leader is just a name with some base stats and doesn't have face or personality it becomes a bit harder for me to care. But a lot of the expansions sound really neat so maybe I should give it another try but play it more like a Total War game.

My original plan was to play as some country that ended up being colonized by a western power and to work towards conquering that power. Sort of like reverse colonialism.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 15, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The random New World thing one of the expansions has sounds really neat. Since it actually makes the new world new and you can't really use your preexisting knowledge of America to your advantage.

Maybe my mistake was in not playing a European nation.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I really like the tribal mechanics. If you can get on a roll you can steamroll just about everyone with your huge barbarian horde but actually keeping what you take together is the real challenge. I also like that you can actually choose whether to become a republic or feudal monarchy.

Also everyone being feudal was extremely ahistorical.:spergin:

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I once spent and embarrassingly long time researching Norse names for places in Britain so I could rename my conquests there as Norse Norway in CK2. For those places I couldn't find anything historical for I tried to find and translate the literal meaning. :spergin:

• Locked thread