Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Sweet lord that is coherent. I've actually colonized worse than that a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Does anyone know how the various paradox games run on a intel hd 4000? Specifically eu 3 and ck2.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'm still bad at ck2 even after this long. I think its mostly that i haven't really *tried* to get good at it. I'm going to read, ah was it Kersh's lp? and see whats what.

Or just play eu3 and dream of eu4. Anyone have suggestion for like a clowny game goal? I used to like doing a mare nosturm with the papal states and then trying to own all of the americas. Not so much clowny just a lot of work, goddamn.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Does anyone here's pc have an i3-3225, i was wondering if ck2 runs really smooth on that or if you feel like you're a little cpu bound?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

WotR just got/or is getting a Brian Blessed voiced DLC, we should have had him record a few more lines. Having him bellow "WE HAVE BUILT A RAILWAY" at you as each province upgrades would have been magical. Missed opportunities :(

Edit: Or "PRICES DIIIIIIIIIVVE!" when the price of one of your top 5 produced goods drop.

I misread and thought you were actually doing this and i nearly loving died. In a good way.

eu4 is not up for preorder yet is it? Like you can always regret picking up a game before launch but i'm ridiculously excited also i ended up buying ck2 like 3 weeks after launch, i think i could have saved a dollar preordering.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Does anyone have an opinion on which is more fun to play the 5.2 beta or regular patched divine wind with miscmods? I'm reading through the changes and just can't decide. edit: Obvious answer try both still leaves me with the question which one do you try first.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

WMain00 posted:

Does anyone know what music was used for the Let's Play as Belgium thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3530085

He swapped out the default Victoria 2 music and changed it to something else and I kind of like it! It fits far better than the default music and I'd really like to change to it.

I'm watching the first episode and i recognized one of the song as being part of the arcanum soundtrack. I don't know if that's all of it, but that's in there, at least.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Could someone make a baby-effort post about playing as Prussia and also army composition?

I can curb stomp austria all day every day, but i can't seem to sphere everything i need for the north german federation, or knock them out of the GP status so that it would be less of an issue. I've googled around a bit but most of the advice seems to be pre crisis stuff. Like sure i can acquire bohemia but it'll be crisis after crisis and while an easy farm is fun enough, its no fun having to fight of 3 ish great powers every few years.

Also general advice for getting the economy up would be welcome i think, for some reason the eu3 wiki was way better.

edit: Also i gather that the pop demand mod is the go to mod, but its way more of a change from vanilla than miscmods would be for eu3 right? I don't want to start really different mods till i know how to play V2 properly.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

You only need to Sphere Schleswig, Hanover and Saxony to form the NGF, and Hanover drops out of Britains sphere once queen victoria takes the throne, so sometime before 1840. Saxony you can either get through knocking Austria out of GP status, or just go to war over it.

Yeah i finally managed it, my problem was denmark had something i needed and i messed up the first war against them (grabbed the wrong state i think) and then the uk sphered them. I couldn't out influence austria enough and taking provinces didn't really hurt them great power wise, i mean i should have gone for humiliate right from the start. Oh well, you live you learn.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I've downloaded the demo, i was going to blindly preorder it on the strength of ck2's release and my love of EU3 but i was so lazy a demo came out. Might as well try it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Is the "2 GB+ Fix" in the op still something i should do, or is that outdated?

edit: for ck2 and eu4.

canada jezus fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 30, 2014

• Locked thread