Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
There should at least be one train wreck where all the characters are played by beast types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I don't know why, but I keep reading Sgt. Joe as St. Joe.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
For anyone getting the PSN/PS2 Classic version of Suikoden 3, Here is a save file you can use to be able to get the extra stuff (like the plays and so on) that you'd get for having imported Suikoden 1 and 2 data.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

yokaiy this is a great LP of a game series I've never heard of but you've got quite a few dead images in your OP right now. Thomas' image, Raitenzo and Adnor's fan-art to name a few.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

My fanart being gone is my fault. It somehow got deleted from my imgur account and i lost track of my local copy too. :sigh:

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Chapter 5.7 - Odds and Ends Part 2; Fanfiction!

Okay, time to see what the last two plays we've got are like!

We'll start with this cast for the Neclord play.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

The spotlight shines down on our Narrator.

: "The one who would finally track down the demon Neclord, who had enslaved the people of Tinto under a cloud of terror, was the commander of an army of 100,000, which went on to bring about the fall of the Highland Kingdom - the hero of heroes!"

: "Raiden."

Konami Army? Really?

Well, it could be worse, I guess, considering what the castle is named.

Reminder that Neclord tried to marry Lilly 15 years ago when she was like 7.

: "You look ridiculous."

: "Heee hee he... ...Hear me, my Moon Rune...!"

: "But in the hand of the despicable Neclord shone one of the 27 True Runes - the Moon Rune..."

Nash walks out from behind.

:allears:

So arrogant that it has a capital A.

: "Yuh huh huh...!! ... Elder Sierra!!!!"

: "I could attack using electricity...... No. Hear me, my Moon Rune! Lay this evil magic to rest... Now, you shall sleep."

There's a flash of light.

: "There's nothing left now to protect this one. I leave the rest to you, Raiden!"

: "Yuh huh huh..."

: "That's how I learned!!!"

: "You... you did it."

: "Nice going."

: "Heee hee he... Yuh-huh-huh......"

Neclord's dying words. Landis promptly pretends to be dead now.

: "I do not wish to look upon your face again..."

Heh. It's true though.

Note that Viktor was actually the one to deal the killing blow, and they also had a lot of help from Kahn with the seal-thing (which is actually on that back wall, even if he doesn't make it into the play himself).

: "And so, Neclord, the dreadful demon who had attacked the town of Tinto, was defeated by the mighty Raiden, and peace returned to Tinto. Thanks for so pantiently listening to 'Neclord: The Crucial Battle' from Tinto historian Marlowe's, 'The Mighty Raiden.' "

For the first time, the audience actually cheered for one of my plays.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Okay, let's go again. Still a pretty standard cast, all things said.

: "The one who cornered the evil Neclord, who had enslaved the people of Tinto in a cloud of fear was the son of the hero Genkaku - Raiden."

Hugo takes his JRPG protagonist roles very seriously.

Also, friendly reminder that his mom tried to kill Riou Raiden.

: "Next to appear was the one known as both the 'Bear Killer' and the 'Wanderer' - Raiden's right hand man, Vitkor!! And next Viktor's partner - whose lightning-speed prowess with the blade earned him a well-deserved nickname - Blue Bolt Flik!!!"

: "Hey, Neclord!! You're finished!!!"

: "Give it up! You will not escape."

: "Trying to corner me, are you? How foolish you are. No one does this to the 'Moon Rune.' "

: "But in the hand of the despicable Neclord shone one of the 27 True Runes - the Moon Rune!!! Beware, brave soldiers!! But help from Heaven was on its way - the founder and elder of the Blue Moon Village..."

: "...Sierra!!!!! What are you doing here?!"

: "I'm going to take back that which you have stolen! Hear me, my Moon Rune! Lay this evil magic to rest... Now, you shall sleep."

: "Ooo...... Ooooo........."

: "There's nothing left now to protect this wretched... I'll leave the rest to you, Raiden."

Man, I thought Lilly would be less good at this role. Kinda disappointed at how well she's doing.

: "Oooo, ooo... Don't get cocky now. I'm going to squeeze you and suck out every drop of your blood, then turn you into my slave!!!"

: "I will not be defeated!!!"

: "Nice, Raiden!! What a guy!!"

: "Ahh, I feel better now."

: "... I've lost..."

: "Don't come around here anymore."

: "Let's go, everyone! There are still zombies out there! We must get Tinto back! Attack them all!!"

I'm really entertained by how enthusiastic that 'OK' is.

: "And so, Neclord, the dreadful demon who had attacked the town of Tinto, was defeated by the mighty Raiden, and peace returned to Tinto. Thanks for so pantiently listening to 'Neclord: The Crucial Battle' from Tinto historian Marlowe's, 'The Mighty Raiden.' "

The audience cheered again.

Are you ready for this, though? :getin:

: "No, I'm Viki. The 'City-city... state?' What's that? Food??"

: "A bear????"

: "Yeah, I knew he was a greenhorn, but... He's really that dexterous??"

I still can't believe that Kogoro isn't Neclord, given that he is like some kind of hellspawn trapped in a dog-suit.

: "Ruf! Ruf! ........."

: " 'Sierra'??? I'm Viki, not Sierra..."

: "....................."

: "Wuffy-wuff?"

There's a flash of light.

: "...... Ruf! Ruf! ......"

Connie turns to Koroku.

: "............"

: "......... Ruf! Ruf! ........."

: "... Arooooooo..."

: "...... O-Oooo! ......"

: "Ooo..... wuff..."

: "...... Ruf! Ruf! ......"

: "............... A-e-i-o-u! ..................... A-e-i-o-u!"

: "... Aroooo..."

: "...... O-Oooon! ......"

: "I'm Viki. Nice to meet you. Me? 'Narrator'? No, I told you, I'm Viki. Is that it??? Can I go now???"

Astounding.

Viki should narrate everything.

Somehow, they cheered for that version too.

Bonus, Geddoe as narrator:

Moving on to our next play...

We'll go with this cast for our first performance of Romeo & Juliet.

Nice set. Hugo comes on from the right side.

Fortunately -- or unfortunately, maybe -- both Hugo and Cecile are pretty good at plays, so this is gonna be pretty boring compared to the dogs.

: "Romeo! Why have you come here? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, and this place means death for you, considering who you are!"

: "If any of my relatives see you, they'll kill you?!"

: "There lies more peril in your eyes than twenty of their swords: look at me sweetly, and I will be invincible."

Hugo goes in the back to hide, as the two guards come on stage.

: "Don't wreck my garden! Because of you two, the birds that were resting here all flew away!"

: Oh, Lady Juliet, I heard the sounds of talking here..."

Hehe.

As the knights leave, you can see how lovely Hugo is at hiding.

Hugo comes back over.

: "Juliet, although we have just talked, must I leave already?"

That's a 'yes.'

: "Well, then, I wish you a good night a hundred... nay, a THOUSAND times over!!"

If you look close, you can see Cecile's spear tip peaking out from behind the wall. Whoopsie.

Hi.

It's been a while since I read R&J, is it this cheesy in the book too? Probably?

: "Romeo, 'tis almost the morning. Aah, how I wish the sun would never rise! That we could keep talking like this without end!"

: "Madam! Come quickly!"

: "Good night, sleep well dear Romeo!"

She leaves for real this time.

: "Sleep dwell upon your eyes, peace in your breast! In that peace and in that sleep I would also share, if only I could be by your side."

Hugo leaves too, and that's the end.

Our next attempt, now with different people!

Oh, this is going to be amazing, I can tell already. :allears:

As far as acting prowess goes, Lucia is basically the same as her son.

: "....."

However, Chris' terrible performance still makes Lucia's good performance pretty nonsensical. Which is great.

25. I think Chris may have just won the "Most Punctuation in a Single Line" Award.

: "Alack, there lies more peril in your eyes than twenty of their swords: Give me but your sweet look, and I am invincible."

Exit Lucia, enter two buffoons.

: "Um, ummmm......"

: "Lady Juliet, we came because we heard the sound of people talking here..."

: "Ye... yes."

: "I'm very sorry. Please forgive my rudeness."

They leave.

I think she's talking to someone behind stage.

: "Madam!"

: "I'm... I'm heading back inside."

:allears: Oh, Chris.

: "Aaah, Juliet, the one for me!!"

: "Give me a break"

She exits.

: "Sleep dwell upon your eyes, peace in your breast! In that peace and in that sleep I would also share, if only I could be by your side."

Lucia leaves too.

And then the set falls over. :allears:

Speaking of hopeless, we've got one more, this time with Geddoe as Romeo. Because this can literally only go well.

Now, about Queen. She likes to make the script her own. As far as performance goes, I really enjoy it, but I think she actually loses points for it? I'm not really sure how the play grading system works, because it doesn't actually matter at all anyway.

:allears:

I'm sorry, this is the best rendition of R&J.

I really wanted to put either Bright or Fubar on stage with Ruby, but the cast selection wouldn't let me. Beasts can only be guard number one, for some reason. I settled on having a Kobold for guard two.

: "Would you guys please stop wrecking my orchard? Why don't you just go away?"

: "Bzzzzzz..."

: "That was just me talking to the birds. It's a false alarm."

: "I'm sorry. Please forgive my rudeness."

Man, three actors, and not a single variation for this line? For shame.

Bye, guys.

: "Romeo, if you remain here any longer, I fear for your life. Please go back for today."

: "Madam!"

: "Well then, I wish you a good night a hundred... nay, a THOUSAND times over."

There is nothing I could add to this to make it any better.

: "Romeo, it will be morning soon. Oh how I wish the sun would never rise, that we could go on talking like this forever."

: "Good night, sleep tight Romeo."

Once Geddoe is off screen, the set falls in on itself.

That was amazing.

Bonus, Ace as Romeo.

And with that, those are all the plays I can feasibly do. Unfortunately, I don't have any means to do the final play, which you need Sui1 > Sui2 save data for.

Also around, we've got the baths.

There are a lot of these and many of them aren't very interesting, so I won't be showing off all the bath scenes, but these are some of my favorites. Also, I shoved every bath item I could into the bath at once, which means we have a mess. :downs:

I would like to point out, though I won't be showing them off, that there are actual equal opportunity awkward genitalia bath scenes! One awkward boob scene and one awkward dick scene. So yeah. Those exist. :japan:

Lilly and Jeane posted:

: "I'm not one to beat around the bush, so I'll get straight to the point. Did you serve in the Dunan Army during the Unification War?"

: "Me, in the Dunan Army... Hee hee! Well... kind of, but kind of not."

: "Well, which is it?"

: "Yes, which one... Well, let's say that yes, I did..."

: "Do you know Tinto's historian, Marlowe Cody? He also serves in the army. Recently, he came by the castle and apparently saw you."

: "Without offering so much as a greeting or a handshake..."

: "You... You haven't changed much in the past 15 years... Perhaps... you have the true rune on you..."

: "Hee hee..."

: "On that body... somewhere..."

: "Hee hee..."

: "The true rune..."

: "Hee hee! Would it help you find it if I stepped out of the bath?"

: "It's nowhere!"

: "Hee hee hee..."

Little Viki and Estella posted:

: "..."

: "Hey, Viki..."

: "Yes?"

: "Because you're such a cute little girl, I'll tell you an amazing secret. But you're not to tell it to anyone... It's such an important secret..."

: "Ok. Try it on me."

: "You know Hallec... it seems that he's an arachnid."

: "He was born from an egg. Soon he will start to molt. He told me himself! It seems he was saying 'I'll give my old skin to anyone who wants it' or 'I have to fatten up before molting' or something like that. Pretty scary, huh? You mustn't go near Hallec before he molts!"

: "Do you make likes like this up everyday? You're not very busy, are you?"

: "You're pretty smart, aren't you?"

: "Well, it doesn't take a genius..."

Landis and Elliot posted:

: "Hee hee hee..."

: "Wh-what's so funny?"

: "Yuh huh huh... You... You've got bad eyes, don't you?"

: "!!!!! H-how did you know?!"

: "Hee hee hee hee... I heard it from... The Grim Reaper behind you..."

: "Huh!!!"

: "Yuh huh huh huh... The Grim Reaper is happy... Nice bath, nice bath, isn't it?"

: "Wha... aaaaaaarrrhhh!!!!!"

: "No use running away!"

Futch and Bright posted:

: "Excuse me, Futch."

: "Yes. What's up?"

: "Would it be at all possible to refrain from bringing the dragon into the tub? The bath may break."

: "Ah, sorry about that. I'm always with my Bright. So without thinking, we entered the bath together."

: "Kuuee!!!"

: "Ha ha ha. Bright likes the bath!"

: "The ba... bathtub!"

This one gets a cameo in the manga.

Franz and Ruby posted:

: "Excuse me... Franz?"

: "Yes, is there something wrong?

: "Would it be at all possible to refrain from brining the Mantor into the tub? The bath may break."

: "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm always always with Ruby, so I didn't realize..."

: "Bzz...."

: "Ha ha, Ruby is enjoying himself."

: "I beg you, the bathtub..."

Augustine and Gordon posted:

: "I entrust my body, naked as a newborn babe, to the warm waters, and direct my eyes to the blue heavens... Yet again, I think, the world is beautiful..."

: "What, so does that mean that all the people that live in that world are also beautiful?"

: "Baron Gordon, there is something I wish to convey to you. I wish to name you my bosom friend, if you would but allow me?"

: "Oh... to be called as such by one such as you, the gentleman of gentlemen, would be a great honor!"

: "If so, as testimony to our imminent friendship, what say you to an herb tea?"

: "Oh, that you would bring a tea set into the bath is indeed the mark of a gentleman of gentlemen, Sir Augustine. Well then, let us partake of our tea..."

: "Excuse me, could you please refrain from drinking tea in the bathtub?"

Joker, Ace, and Jacques posted:

: "Mmm... This is nice."

: "Paradise, paradise."

: "I think I should be drinking less. In the mornings, when I try to get out of bed, my body just ignores me."

: "That's because you're too old! Just because you act like a kid, it doesn't mean your body will still treat you like one!"

: "What are you blabbering about? You're the glutton with the sagging belly! You never know when to quit!"

: "Ah, it's showing, is it? Oh well. Once it starts sagging, you might as well give up! Jacques, you'd better watch out. If you don't pay attention, you'll end up looking like this too!"

: "Doubtful. Looks genetic to me!"

: "That rascal."

Joe, Rhett, and Wilder posted:

: "Mmm, nice bath! It'll make my feathers smooth and shiny. Bathing is such a pleasant custom!"

: "Yeah it's great isn't it... a bath!!"

: "Absolutely! I feel like spending my whole life in it!"

: "By the way, Rhett, is it Hallec? Somehow, his eyes are always sparkling when he looks at you. What do you think it is?"

: "Yes, I know. Lately, when his stomach rumbles, Hallec approaches me... Mmm, I wonder why? Maybe he wants to be friends."

: "Yes, that could be it. Why don't you try talking to him next time?"

: "Yes. He really wants to make friends, we means we should really make a similar effort."

: "Nope, better not."

Bazba, Dupa, and Shiba posted:

: "Since I came here, humans have been constantly getting my name wrong..."

: "These days, Master Juan has taken to calling me Shiba. Imagine that! What could he be looking at? Shiba, of all things..."

: "What do you mean by 'of all things,' Bazba?"

: "No, no ulterior meanings. Forgive me if it offended you."

: "It's hard for us to tell humans apart, so it's probably hard for them to distinguish between us. It's a delicate issue."

: "Yes, that's definitely a problem! the other day, I was about to call out to Master Nash, but after looking closer it turned out to be Master Hallec. Those two look far too much alike!"

: "Ah, I also get those two mixed up. Also, Lady Lilly and Lady Luce. They're twins, aren't they?"

: "They look alike, yes. But if you look closely, you can tell them apart. You must take more care!"

: "But despite that, being mistaken for Shiba is pretty..."

: "How far are you going to push it?"

Fred, Futch, and Franz posted:

: "You crossed two mountain ranges in a single night? And... you're proud of yourself? The Dragon Knights are nothing to be afraid of..."

: "Huh? Excuse me, did I upset you in some way?"

: "Well, I guess dragons are certainly faster, but can dragons fly straight up? I don't think so."

: "Ha ha ha! Vertical ascents would admittedly be disastrous, but as far as survival at high altitudes goes, nothing beats a dragon! Dragons can live at altitudes where Ruby would be gasping for air!"

: "Hold on, my friend Rico is pretty talented. She can cook, you know. I'm sure Ruby and Bright can't cook. Am I right?"

: "How's his rotational ability? Can a sluggish dragon keep up with Ruby's maneuverability?"

: "Well, its turn isn't as tight as an insect's, but a dragon does have a thick shell, as well as a high offensive capability."

: "Rico is really agile. She does the washing and cleaning before I wake up. What do you think of that? Does your Ruby or Bright do laundry or cleaning?"

: "Fred, could you be quiet for a moment? Please stop comparing Rico with Ruby."

: "And comparing Rico with Bright is kind of..."

: "What are you saying?! Aren't you both buddy boasting?"

: "Mmm, not really... Well, it might be buddy boasting, but... It's just that Rico is a little different..."

: "Right... Exactly what's different is tricky to say, but, well... She's different!"

: "What do you mean?! So you're saying that Rico is inferior to Ruby or Bright? Don't insult me! Do Ruby or Bright go shopping? Do they sew? Do they fix weaponry?"

: "No, no, it's just that..."

: "I understand... Calm down."

Joe, Bazba, and Ruby posted:

: "Hey Bazba, I wouldn't know about this for lizards, but is it true that you're pretty handsome?"

: "Who the hell is going around saying things like that? I wouldn't know. Looks don't matter to a warrior."

: "Even so, there seems to be some sort of fan club for you in the Lizard Clan."

: "No comment. That's a bit rich, coming from you. I've heard that there's something similar going on with you in the Duck Clan."

: "Hmm... I'll just leave it up to your imagination."

: "Bzz..."

: "Oh... Master Ruby has so many problems because he's just too popular with the girls."

: "Can you understand Mantor language?"

: "Bzz..."

: "Of all the Mantors in Le Buque, apparently he's one of the most distinguished males."

: "You seem to understand pretty well. Is that really what he's saying?"

: "Probably. I understand the feelings he tries to get across."

: "That's pretty vague!"

Regarding those last two, there's something special about them.

Unites!

Fred/Futch/Franz have what is essentially the Pretty Boy Attack, which the game actually tells you about through an investigation you'll see shortly.

It starts the typical way, with the three of them charging up for their attack.

Then, they each pose, while their portraits cut in.

Followed by them all rushing the enemy.

And then they sparkle.

As for Joe, Bazba, and Ruby...

They have their own version of the Adonis Unite, being the Pretty Boys of their respective races/species.

The attack is basically the same.

Including the sparkling. :allears:

My favorite part is definitely how the camera doesn't change to compensate for them being different characters.

Also, just for fun, here's a shot of the unite between Joe and Shabon.

And, while we're still in the castle, let's check some mail. Since we're probably not coming back to the castle once we start the Final Boss Bonanza, and there are a lot of letters we can get, I'll just dump all the ones I wished we'd gotten.

Ace posted:

About Queen
Queen wants to perform the part of Juliet. It can't be helped. I'll be Romeo.

Alanis posted:

Practice
Yesterday, Hallec taught me how to let out a rebel yell. When I'm good at it, I'll do it in front of everyone.

Barts posted:

Hi
There is a girl who comes to my field with a doll. I gave her a tomato and she said 'I'll treasure it all my life.' She should eat it quickly or it'll go bad.

Cecile posted:

Koroku
Koroku is with me when I'm a gatekeeper! He doesn't bark when people approach, so he's useless!

Dominic posted:

Worlds best
A lad tried to steal defensive gear, but fainted when I hit him with it. Defensive gear can be used as a weapon!

Duke posted:

Hi
I'm involved in work that doesn't make much money. Make Geddoe work.

Duke posted:

Leader
Though the guys on my team are foul-mouthed, we work great together. Geddoe's team is terrible. I guess it's because of their leader.

Edge posted:

Jacques
That Jacques isn't sociable.

I'm not showing them all off, but Jacques actually gets called out for being antisocial in a lot of letters.

Elaine posted:

Serial Novel
The serial novel in the public news bulletin is fun. I'd like to tell the writer my impressions, but do you know who it is?

If she knew it was Ace...

Estella posted:

Do you know?
To improve your water magic, it's best to paddle 20 laps in the bathtub.

There's actually a bath scene where Rody does this.

Fred posted:

Eternal life?
What is it like to live the eternal life that a true rune brings? You look sad, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Guillaume posted:

A request
I want to be the leading actor. A villain? Never!

Hugo posted:

Well...
Chris, when did you grow taller? You weren't so tall when you were young, were you? Tell me.

This one isn't actually unique to Chris, you just have to not have Hugo as your FC. He name-drops, so I tossed a coin and went with Chris.

Ace posted:

Listen
I wrote to Jeane about my feelings toward her and by now it must have moved her to tears.

Jeane posted:

His letter
I got a letter from Ace. Very intersting... Tell him I laughed heartily for a change.

Juan posted:

Let's sleep
Let's make it a rule at the castle to take a nap twice in the morning and in the afternoon. I'm serious.

Koroku posted:

From Koroku
I want to pee on Nash.
Sincerely, Cecile.

Muto posted:

Warehouse
Ace got drunk and slept in the warehouse. It's not a place to sleep. Please tell him.

Nash posted:

Listen
Tell Koroku not to pee on my socks.

Nash posted:

Listen
Connie also tries to pee on my feet. Do my feet attract dogs?

Nash posted:

Listen
Ruby is becoming attached. He held me in his arms and flew off. Before I noticed, I was in his nest. I shudder at the memory.

Sebastian posted:

Manners
If you see Koroku pee in the castle, please scold him.

Percival posted:

What?
A Winghorde called Landis said, 'Your hair style would suit the Grim Reaper.' What does he mean?

Queen posted:

Sigh
The men at the mercenary force are disgusting. They just drink, sleep and make noise. But I suppose that also applies to me.

Viki posted:

Hello
Hello, Nash. Sorry I got you involved when we were trying to teleport. Did you get home safely?

Fairly certain this is a reference to Suikogaiden.

Yuiri posted:

Is he
Is Guillaume a human being?

:ducksiren: Unique to Hugo!

Belle posted:

Present
I'm knitting a sweater. I won't say for whom. I won't make Gadget Z do the work, so don't worry.

Belle posted:

Forgive me
Gadget Z blew up and it ruined my sweater. Sorry.

Lucia posted:

To Hugo
Are you eating properly?

:ducksiren: Unique to Chris!

Borus posted:

It's funny
It's funny writing to you, Chris. Today I just wanted to say hello.

Gordon posted:

The bouquet
Did you receive the bouquet I sent you? If you don't like it, please throw it in the lake.

Percival posted:

Future Knights
Melville and Elliot asked me to train them. It's quite nice training future knights, when you have time.

Roland posted:

No title
The scenery of the lake near this castle is beautiful. I know you're busy but why don't you take a walk sometime?

:ducksiren: Unique to Geddoe!

Duke posted:

Not like you
It doesn't suit you, asking everybody's opinion. I guess someone planted the idea in your head.

Ace posted:

At a Bath
I took a bath with Joker and Jacques, but we ended up bickering with each other. These guys are such a pain!

Jimba posted:

It's selfish to say this, but I'm glad that you inherited his rune.

Jimba has to be alive for this one to reach you, naturally, so you've got a very small window to get it. He also sends a letter to Hugo, but it's not as interesting. He doesn't send one to Chris.

Nicolas posted:

Excuse me
Duke might be aggressive. I guess it's a bother, but I hope you can cope with him. Alright?

Queen posted:

Let's have fun!
Lately, you're more reticent. Everybody's worried. Let's have a drink. Ace will treat us.

Like I said, I'm leaving a lot of the letters out, but I think this covers them pretty well.

Aaaaand some choice investigations, because I completely forgot about them once they became a pain to keep track of. Again, there are a ton of these (not to mention that each investigation has multiple levels), so I'm just going to be posting my favorite snippits.

Caesar posted:

When he has time, he naps with Juan. They're always sleepy. Is that why they get along?

Shiba posted:

He worries that he is fatter than the other two lizardmen. He was asking Kenji how to diet.

Jimba posted:

Actually, he likes to drink green tea while sunbathing on the deck. He acts like an old man.

Juan posted:

He chews leaves. These leaves are herbs that cause drowsiness. They grow somewhere in the Castle.

I'm including this one because I remember it coming up in discussion way back in Thomas 1.

Yun posted:

She likes plants, too. I saw her talking to a flower, and I even saw her nodding. Do flowers talk?

Yumi posted:

She's kind. When I went to investigate, she gave me a cookie. It was delicious.

Geddoe posted:

He's exactly 112 years old. I'm pretty sure about that because I asked Sana.

Ace posted:

He's writing a novel under a funny pen name. Maybe it has already been published!

Erk in danger!

Queen posted:

I thought she was scary, but learned she's actually a nice person. I did an investigation for her once and she gave me candy.

Ernie told me that Queen knows a lot about books and music, which makes her quite different from the other members of the Defense Force.

Her home country was destroyed by Harmonia. She was born into a prominent family. That's a little surprising.

Including a few for Queen because they've been discussed before.

Dios posted:

He was delighted when I told him his sideburns were manly. He's proud of them.

Mua posted:

He sleeps in pajamas and a nightcap. He uses curlers in his mustache. He's picky about strange things.

His dorky PJs get shown in the manga.

Jeane posted:

She's a sexy Rune Sage. What's her real identity?

Oh, I thought I found something... but I forgot what it was. Am I tired?

I don't understand anything.

It would be better if you do no more investigating.

For investigating Jeane,

Jeane posted:

Hello
Lately, there's a boy checking on me. I don't like my privacy being invaded.

We get this letter.

Futch posted:

When they go out together, Fred, Franz, and Futch make a very handsome trio. They are just like rock stars!

Another nod to their unite.

Sebastian posted:

He makes a fuss about doing his hair. It takes him three hours. He uses hair curlers for when he sleeps.

Hortez VII posted:

His real name is Nefentitiri Radames Ampenhetep Iruiktanas Antikoseus Puto Remaios Kureakias...

Dimentirios Farasmuseian Ishak Saraj Amenenuhet...

Tatomes Hatshepsut Toto Ank Amen Hortez VI's son, Hortez VII. Whew!

Yes, that's three separate levels of investigation.

Jacques posted:

He likes dogs, but even his face is expressionless, even while playing.

Nicolas posted:

His hobby is carving. When he is alone, he carves wood. It suits him.

Kogoro posted:

The Castle residents say that he isn't really a dog.

Now that that's out of the way, there's one thing I'd like to show off before I call this update that, I think, gets overlooked.

The Council Hall back in Zexen.

Also, reminder that the chapel is here from Chris 1 if you feel like going back inside.

Anyway, there is actually a point to doing this, and it's not just for the sake of me showing off the area.

There's stuff in the Guild Hall.

And just look at these stalls!

They are decked out, and not just appearance-wise. I didn't get a cap of their wares, but they are filled to the brim with high-end expensive shinies that we can't afford.

And you know what else?

There's a courtyard out here! With this lady.

Fawning over these knights.

I really like that one guy passed out in the back, though.

And more shops! Well, kind of.

The inn here is really fancy.

And the skill teacher here is in a room literally full of books.

But wait! If we go back in the hall, we can explore the upstairs too!

There's a door on either side of the second floor.

And each one.

Has an office inside.

At the top of the stairs, we can also check out the meeting room.

It hasn't changed, except there are no longer any jerks inside.

Anyway, I really like the Guild Hall areas. They're all really well arranged and full of nice, often unique clutter, and even if the NPCs don't have anything interesting to say, I think it's a shame that the area is tucked away and hidden so well.

But anyway, that takes care of all the odds and ends of the game. Next time, we start the Boss Rush.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

RareAcumen posted:

yokaiy this is a great LP of a game series I've never heard of but you've got quite a few dead images in your OP right now. Thomas' image, Raitenzo and Adnor's fan-art to name a few.

Argh, I knew about the Thomas image and Raitzeno's art, but when did the rest of those go missing? I'll start saving the ones still there and uploading them via lpix, I guess. Glad you like the LP, though!

Just to play it safe, can everyone who has posted beautiful works of art just re-post them when they get a chance? Especially those who put up Beardy Thomas' and Dr. Who jokes. Raitzeno, I'm leaving your spot there in case you find your art. :kiddo: I'm hoping it turns up.

Also, sorry for taking forever. Life was stupid for a while there, and I get kinda nervous about checking the forums when I haven't made an update in a while. :downsgun:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Glad to see you're back! Also I'm pretty sure you can access the Guild Hall at the beginning of Chris' Chapter 1 too, including all the stuff you showed off. I don't remember if the shops' stock changes between then and the endgame, though!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Podima posted:

Glad to see you're back! Also I'm pretty sure you can access the Guild Hall at the beginning of Chris' Chapter 1 too, including all the stuff you showed off. I don't remember if the shops' stock changes between then and the endgame, though!

I'm pretty sure they do, given that the gear they sell in chapter 5 is pretty much the best store-bought stuff you can get, and just a step down from the strongest gear period.

For what it's worth, I believe Hugo and Geddoe are locked out of that area for the majority of the game, but IIRC they can access it in chapter 5, though no one tells you this.

Anyway, really love all the fluff. If anyone really wants to take a look at what the rest of the bath scenes and investigations say, GameFAQs and/or Suikosource should have transcripts of everything. Just be careful of the one involving Melville and Billy (which yokaiy mentioned and is every bit as :stonk: as it sounds), as well as the one with Chris and Cecille (not as bad as the other, but still, :japan:).

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Bufuman posted:

For what it's worth, I believe Hugo and Geddoe are locked out of that area for the majority of the game, but IIRC they can access it in chapter 5, though no one tells you this.

I think this is right, but they're locked out for most of chapter 5 as well. Like pretty much right up until the boss rush. I know that Hugo's locked out up to the final strategy battle, at the very least, because I was going to run Hugo over to get a cap of the cathedral with the save I use for plays and they wouldn't let him in.

Bufuman posted:

Anyway, really love all the fluff. If anyone really wants to take a look at what the rest of the bath scenes and investigations say, GameFAQs and/or Suikosource should have transcripts of everything. Just be careful of the one involving Melville and Billy (which yokaiy mentioned and is every bit as :stonk: as it sounds), as well as the one with Chris and Cecille (not as bad as the other, but still, :japan:).

It's awful and Billy is awful. The Chris and Cecile one is almost cute because Cecile looks up to Chris because she's a badass lady knight, but gets a little weird.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I always remember hearing a rumor with the William Tell play that if it goes badly enough then the person playing the son accidentally gets shot and it just goes to a black screen.

EDIT: Chris & Viki are also amazing in William Tell. If Chris is playing the son then she's just going "what did I do to get myself into this" while Viki playing the lord still doesn't know that she's in a play.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

yokaiy posted:

Argh, I knew about the Thomas image and Raitzeno's art, but when did the rest of those go missing? I'll start saving the ones still there and uploading them via lpix, I guess. Glad you like the LP, though!

Just to play it safe, can everyone who has posted beautiful works of art just re-post them when they get a chance? Especially those who put up Beardy Thomas' and Dr. Who jokes. Raitzeno, I'm leaving your spot there in case you find your art. :kiddo: I'm hoping it turns up.

Also, sorry for taking forever. Life was stupid for a while there, and I get kinda nervous about checking the forums when I haven't made an update in a while. :downsgun:
I saved mine earlier when Rare Acumen mentioned the loss of the images (my original is still fine, though). But, to make your life less insane, here's a re-upload of my :effort: beard image:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dog, that poor poor dog, you monster you killed the dog! :argh:

Seriously that was the best display of thespia I've ever seen.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Those plays are such a wonderful touch, especially Lilly and Nash's...contributions to the Neclord one, and the all-dog cast with Viki's narration. :allears:

I never realized you could go to the Guild Hall at all! Always nice to find out about things you haven't discovered in games before. Also, whoop, don't know what happened to the Doctor Whuan image before, but here's a link to it: http://i.imgur.com/RKkhgUG.jpg

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Testekill posted:

I always remember hearing a rumor with the William Tell play that if it goes badly enough then the person playing the son accidentally gets shot and it just goes to a black screen.

This is true, I've had it happen with me. I had Nash play the son, and Yuiri play William Tell.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
This is my favorite update so far :allears: Thanks for all this effort.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Eruza posted:

This is true, I've had it happen with me. I had Nash play the son, and Yuiri play William Tell.

I'm surprised to hear that; I actually thought that was unique to casting Guillaume as the son, for somewhat understandable reasons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you need a Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 3 save, I do have one from when I played through the games recently. It would have the classic TcDohl name if I can find it.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Rirse posted:

If you need a Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 3 save, I do have one from when I played through the games recently. It would have the classic TcDohl name if I can find it.

If you've got a plays-ready save with Sui1 data attached to it, I will definitely show off the last play. I don't think I have it in me to start a game over, though.

Verant posted:

I never realized you could go to the Guild Hall at all! Always nice to find out about things you haven't discovered in games before. Also, whoop, don't know what happened to the Doctor Whuan image before, but here's a link to it: http://i.imgur.com/RKkhgUG.jpg

AradoBalanga posted:

I saved mine earlier when Rare Acumen mentioned the loss of the images (my original is still fine, though). But, to make your life less insane, here's a re-upload of my :effort: beard image:

Thanks, guys. I have now gone and reuploaded everything that wasn't already through lpix or postimage (except that one Thomas in my characters blurb because I'll do that later), so we shouldn't be in danger of losing any more images, at least.

Testekill posted:

EDIT: Chris & Viki are also amazing in William Tell. If Chris is playing the son then she's just going "what did I do to get myself into this" while Viki playing the lord still doesn't know that she's in a play.

Eruza posted:

Nick Buntline posted:

I'm surprised to hear that; I actually thought that was unique to casting Guillaume as the son, for somewhat understandable reasons.

:stare:

That is amazing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

yokaiy posted:

If you've got a plays-ready save with Sui1 data attached to it, I will definitely show off the last play. I don't think I have it in me to start a game over, though.

Thanks, guys. I have now gone and reuploaded everything that wasn't already through lpix or postimage (except that one Thomas in my characters blurb because I'll do that later), so we shouldn't be in danger of losing any more images, at least.

That is amazing.

I might deleted the folder when updating OS, but if I can find it then save would be a Chris playthrough at the last dungeon.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

yokaiy posted:

That is amazing.

Show this off please!

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Rirse posted:

I might deleted the folder when updating OS, but if I can find it then save would be a Chris playthrough at the last dungeon.

That would actually be perfect, if you've still got it. If you've got it as a save state, that'd be even more perfect but not in slots 1, 2, or 9, I need those. If you don't have it still, then don't worry about it.

Podima posted:

Show this off please!

Okay, let's try to get someone shot. Yuiri and Nash, you said?

: "You are right, My Lord. No matter how good an archer he is, he'll be nervous with the target on his own son's head."

: "Hey, look out!"

: "Go, Tell."

I don't know what he's talking about off-hand, but I'm assuming it is a gaiden thing.

Drumroll, please.

She takes the shot. The crowd gasps.

And instead of panning over to Nash, the scene fades to black.

And then I got booed.

Nash didn't die, though, so that's good!

I'll add this to the update when it's not 3 in the morning.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Arrow to the head == Technical difficulty.

Sure, why not :stonk:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I'm going to assume that the reason a highly-trained archer didn't hit the arrow is because stage fright drove away rational thought and then combat instincts took over.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

yokaiy posted:

I don't know what he's talking about off-hand, but I'm assuming it is a gaiden thing.

Looking it up, Nash apparently encounters Ayda (the forest-dwelling nature-loving bow wielder of Suikoden 2) multiple times, and each time she narrowly misses headshotting him. Him getting hit is probably just fate finally catching up.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

mauman posted:

Arrow to the head == Technical difficulty.

Sure, why not :stonk:

Well, to be fair this is the series where you can survive having a massive flaming meteor dropped on your head or getting skewered by countless giant icicles by carrying around a Buddha Jizo statue.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
I'm really glad that something I said contributed to the LP because I always thought Nash getting hit was hilarious (if not horrifying?) and everybody should get the chance to see it.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

"The producer sent me back on stage" has always been one of my favourites, and it still is.

?!

Marlowe, you little poo poo. :allears:

quote:

: "Don't come around here anymore."

Come on Queen, that's not how it goes.

As always, all the extra junk you can do in a Suikoden game is just a delight to see. And holy poo poo I love sparkly duck :sparkles::respek::wotwot:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, Romeo and Juliet is always that schmaltzy. They're supposed to be teenagers having a first love, which is why they make such a marvelous string of poor life choices immediately afterwards.

And why Geddoe is just so hilarious in the part. He's, what, 100 years too late to fit the role?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
It's worth noting that there are more fight scenes in the actual Romeo & Juliet than there are scenes where the title characters interact.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Argh, I lost the fanart I did, I'm sorry, I should be better doing backups :negative:

EDIT: Wait, the URL of the image still works, it looks like Minus doesn't let link it anywhere for some reason :downs:

Adnor fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 14, 2015

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Verant posted:

Well, to be fair this is the series where you can survive having a massive flaming meteor dropped on your head or getting skewered by countless giant icicles by carrying around a Buddha Jizo statue.

Oh, I finally had to use those, by the way. :haw:

Eruza posted:

I'm really glad that something I said contributed to the LP because I always thought Nash getting hit was hilarious (if not horrifying?) and everybody should get the chance to see it.

Well, he probably had it coming anyway.

vilkacis posted:

"The producer sent me back on stage" has always been one of my favourites, and it still is.

?!

Marlowe, you little poo poo. :allears:

Come on Queen, that's not how it goes.

As always, all the extra junk you can do in a Suikoden game is just a delight to see. And holy poo poo I love sparkly duck :sparkles::respek::wotwot:

I'm really glad you named that image what it meant, because I was about to complain about not knowing sign language and ask for a translation. Also, I am imagining Riou aggressively signing to everyone in his game now. When you get around to LPing Sui1 and Sui2, please have Tir and Riou sign furiously at people.

Everything is better with sparkleducks.

Glazius posted:

Yes, Romeo and Juliet is always that schmaltzy. They're supposed to be teenagers having a first love, which is why they make such a marvelous string of poor life choices immediately afterwards.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

It's worth noting that there are more fight scenes in the actual Romeo & Juliet than there are scenes where the title characters interact.

Somehow, not surprising. I remember it being pretty dorky, but I haven't read it since middle school.

I am really curious to see how R&J looks in Japanese, though. Do they all use really outdated kanji and speak with antiquated speech patterns?

Adnor posted:

Argh, I lost the fanart I did, I'm sorry, I should be better doing backups :negative:

EDIT: Wait, the URL of the image still works, it looks like Minus doesn't let link it anywhere for some reason :downs:

Wonderful! Re-added to the OP. :)

Also, update coming up within the next few days. I've got it mostly done, but I've been on vacation this week.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Young teens thinking Romeo and Juliet is worth emulating is almost as cringe-worthy as people who think Wuthering Heights is a love story.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Well when your relationship ends in a double suicide you never have to realize that all those adorable quirks that made you fall in love are actually pretty annoying after awhile.

Juliet: Wilt thou be gone? It is not yet near day.
It was the nightingale, and not the lark,
That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear.
Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate tree.
Believe me, love, it was the nightingale.

Romeo: It was the lark, the loving lark, ok,
It was the lark yesterday and the day before,
Its still a lark, now go to bed, I gotta work in the morning

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah the point was that Romeo was a massive fool in love, he gave Rosaline the same treatment as he did Juliet and was rebuked, the assumption being that Juliet was the first woman to return his feelings and thus he went in whole hog pledging the moon, the sky and his life to her.
And also that Juliet was also as much a naive fool as Romeo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Romeo and Juliet, at its core, is a story about two dumb kids being dumb.

Also if there's an update coming up let's get this to a new page, this one is getting a little painful to load.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bonus points to Konami's writers and/or translators for actually recognizing that "wherefore" actually means "why", at least. So many things in the 80s and 90s hosed that up... :argh:

inverts
Jul 6, 2014

yokaiy posted:

Jimba has to be alive for this one to reach you, naturally, so you've got a very small window to get it. He also sends a letter to Hugo, but it's not as interesting. He doesn't send one to Chris.

RUDE, what a bad dad. Though I guess getting a letter before he died would spill the beans to Chris, but come on man, couldn't you at least give your daughter a vague kind of encouragement or something.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

inverts posted:

RUDE, what a bad dad. Though I guess getting a letter before he died would spill the beans to Chris, but come on man, couldn't you at least give your daughter a vague kind of encouragement or something.

He's in a an awkward position. The lady DID kill his adopted brother after all :downs:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

inverts posted:

mauman posted:

He's in a an awkward position. The lady DID kill his adopted brother after all :downs:.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what Jimba would even write in a letter to her. Like, he can offer Hugo some words of encouragement because he basically watched Hugo grow up, and he can leave Geddoe a kind of vague letter because the two of them have history, but even though she's his daughter, he might as well be a stranger to Chris. A stranger who taunted her during a duel and manipulated her into going off to Grassland, even. And who she thinks may have killed her dad right up until he reveals himself and then dies.

They have a pretty complicated and lovely relationship, all said. Even by JRPG standards, Jimba is a Pretty Bad Dad.

• Locked thread