Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Will Styles posted:

I'm playing on the horde side. I just really wanted to make a Shaman

Edit: Shaman is Asuks

I was Pacal, the guy who added you.

Also forget trying to play this on Saturday when it's late-night in Europe. Been disconnected ~8 times so far, in about 30-45 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Audax posted:

Also forget trying to play this on Saturday when it's late-night in Europe. Been disconnected ~8 times so far, in about 30-45 minutes.

I had the same problem as well. What, can the server just not handle the traffic?

Sucks 'cause I was in a group for Deadmines, and I'm sure it looked like I bailed. If you're reading this, sorry Nah :(

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

TipTow posted:

I had the same problem as well. What, can the server just not handle the traffic?

Sucks 'cause I was in a group for Deadmines, and I'm sure it looked like I bailed. If you're reading this, sorry Nah :(

I DCed in the Deadmines. Luckily it wasn't after someone pulled enemies :v:

Kazooie
Jul 1, 2009
In as Kleph if I could get an invite :)

LotionMan
Nov 1, 2004
Shut up, or I'll give you a nasty rash !
In as Jhuuthun , paladin
..oh god, what have I done

Bacchanalian
Sep 7, 2008
What?
Giving this a shot, in as Mulaith.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I cant remember, is the hardest dungeon in vanilla AQ? anyway Im going to download this in the next few days. Is there any class that the guild needs most?

e: by the way is this a pvp server or normal?

Brasseye fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 29, 2013

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
PvP server.

I'm not sure what's been released content wise. They're taking a tiered progression of releases with content, similar to what it was like with vanilla. I think DM just opened up, not sure though. I'm only level 20 at the moment so I haven't been following end game stuff too closely.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Will Styles posted:

PvP server.

Yessssss.

And Ive probably forgotten how long it takes to level in vanilla, I remember doing a lot of grinding so it could all be different by the time I hit 60.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Minimap Tracking Alerts - AutoHotkey Script
Basically this script generates visual and audio alerts based on what colors show up in your minimap. I'll try to give a general explanation of what this does in case any of you weirdos want to use it. The main purposes of the script is to allow you to wander around looking for gathering nodes while you watch TV and alert you to dudes/herbs/veins sneaking up to you on the minimap.

The AutoHotkey application is basically a script interpreter that gives you access to a lot of basic windows / macro functionality. This script in particular takes the follow actions:
  • Prompts you to select the location of your minimap by holding down the left mouse button and dragging over the minimap area. I'm unsure if this script will work if you play in fullscreen because of this step.
  • Loops every 250ms checking for four colors (red/yellow/underground) in the selected area. These color values are stored in hex at the top of the script. If they don't work for you, you can try changing them, or post a screenshot of your minimap here and I'll look at it.
    code:
    ; Pixel color values used to search for matching nodes (RGB hex format)
    redColor = 0xD80201
    darkRedColor = 0x950201
    yellowColor = 0xF8C008
    darkYellowColor = 0xAF8605

• If a node is detected a beep (played through windows sound in the mixer) will go off periodically and a big crappy red text alert appears in the center of the screen. The alert can be clicked through. If you want to turn off either of these actions comment out (put a semi-colon at the start) the following lines:
    code:
    Gui, Show, NoActivate ;alert text
    SoundBeep, 600,800 ; beeping

• Pressing F11 or F12 will turn off yellow node tracking / red node tracking respectfully.
  • If you are a hunter and Hunter's Mark is causing the script to beep at you uncomment the following lines and change the 5 to the hotkey you use for Hunter's Mark.
    code:
    ; Change the two instances of '5' below to your hunters mark hotkey (or remove entirely)
    ; $5::
    ; huntersMark = 1
    ; SetTimer, waitHuntersMark, 2500
    ; Send 5
    ; return

Files needed:
Download and install AutoHotkey, then double-click on weird-nodes.ahk to run the script. The script shows up as a green/red 'A' icon in the system tray.
AutoHotkey application - http://www.autohotkey.com/
Script - http://getweirdwith.us/downloads/weird-nodes.ahk

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Does Alterac Valley work and run frequently? This is literally the only thing that matters to me.

bzk
Oct 6, 2008

boho posted:

Does Alterac Valley work and run frequently? This is literally the only thing that matters to me.

AV hasn't been released on the server yet.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

bzk posted:

AV hasn't been released on the server yet.

:smith:

After getting burned by Rebirth I think I should play it smart and stay away til it has what I want intact and functional.

Will I actually manged to stay away til then? Only time will tell.

e: I'm not going to be able to resist am I?

boho fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 29, 2013

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

boho posted:

:smith:

After getting burned by Rebirth I think I should play it smart and stay away til it has what I want intact and functional.

Will I actually manged to stay away til then? Only time will tell.

e: I'm not going to be able to resist am I?

If you wait until its released you'll have to level all the way to 60 and get geared up before you can AV. If you roll now you can just jump right in on the first weekend. You could be the first.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

McSpankWich posted:

If you wait until its released you'll have to level all the way to 60 and get geared up before you can AV. If you roll now you can just jump right in on the first weekend. You could be the first.

Oh goddammit.

Do we have too many Warriors?

Bacchanalian
Sep 7, 2008
What?
I've seen more Warlocks than anything else so far.

I forgot how brutal murlocs and kobalds can be.

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

boho posted:

Oh goddammit.

Do we have too many Warriors?

We don't have enough warriors! We could definitely use more warriors and priests I think.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Before I put any time in a Warrior, is falling through the world with Charge as big of a problem as it is on other private servers?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

boho posted:

Before I put any time in a Warrior, is falling through the world with Charge as big of a problem as it is on other private servers?

I do not have a warrior, but I have not heard anyone complain about it. Mage blink on the other hand... However, they make up for it with some ridiculous clear casting that causes all of their spells to be mana free for 12 seconds or something like that.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

boho posted:

It's not terrible here, but you do fall through the world occasionally.

I've probably fallen through the world 10 times so far, at level 46.

Every time except once, it was an area where there was a cave beneath. Only once that I fell through with nothing beneath, and had to spirit res.

(That's one thing that was nicer on Rebirth... when you fell through the world there, it would try to put you back)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Alright, I'm in as Welp, the Human Warrior. Also got a Dwarf Priest named Poppinfresh -- who needs a teleport to Darnassus so I can join a friend.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Did wailing caverns with some friends last weekend. Boy when stuff glitches it sure loving does when you spend 3 hours clearing something.

I've also ran into a whole bunch of invisible monsters where they either don't spawn until you're on top of them or they're spawned underground.

Not gonna stop me from playing though.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

E:
For now I guess I'll just play a human priest or something.

mynameisbatman fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 30, 2013

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Is there a list of classes the guild needs or something? I played everything back in Vanilla and I am mighty tempted to do this just for old times sake. Nostalgiaaaaaaaa...........

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Is there a list of classes the guild needs or something? I played everything back in Vanilla and I am mighty tempted to do this just for old times sake. Nostalgiaaaaaaaa...........

Not really, since we've got a grand total of two level 60 players at the moment. I think I've seen a crapload of warlocks though, so maybe don't roll one of those.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
With the exception of maybe hunter i dont think we have more than 3 people over 40 on any class, so just play whatever you enjoy. Or you could even dual box like some people do. Not that i have any idea how that is done.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Guild Photo-shoot this Friday (February 1st) at 4pm CST! Lets try to get as many people as we can to show up. It'll be really great to have a nice picture of everyone together and It'll surely evoke nostalgia after were all rockin t3 farming naxx. But really please show up it'll be cool. Also Arroyo is handing out presents for people who show.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Tanners posted:

Guild Photo-shoot this Friday (February 1st) at 4pm CST! Lets try to get as many people as we can to show up. It'll be really great to have a nice picture of everyone together and It'll surely evoke nostalgia after were all rockin t3 farming naxx. But really please show up it'll be cool. Also Arroyo is handing out presents for people who show.

my bags and bank is completely filled with cats oh my god what have i done

(26 gold spent on cats i hate every single one of you)

edit: actually, they're being mailed, dad.

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 30, 2013

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Someone give me a good reason to not roll a warrior and enjoy Ye Olde Sunder Spam Tanking.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Someone give me a good reason to not roll a warrior and enjoy Ye Olde Sunder Spam Tanking.

Hard to level and sorta boring before 40, extremely gear-dependent (though goons are awesome and will hook you up, thanks again to my sugar daddy George and the man I totally didn't cheat on him with, Arroyo), weapon skill, charge is guaranteed to land you underground if there's a cave beneath you, plate repair bills, overplayed before 40.

Basically if you can make it to 40 you're probably good and will enjoy it. Fortunately most Warriors burn out long before then, dramatically increasing your chance to get gear and groups.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

I would say paladins are currently the class we need most, maybe followed by druids.

At least half of the paladins who made it over level 30 seem to have stopped playing.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

boho posted:

Hard to level and sorta boring before 40, extremely gear-dependent (though goons are awesome and will hook you up, thanks again to my sugar daddy George and the man I totally didn't cheat on him with, Arroyo), weapon skill, charge is guaranteed to land you underground if there's a cave beneath you, plate repair bills, overplayed before 40.

Basically if you can make it to 40 you're probably good and will enjoy it. Fortunately most Warriors burn out long before then, dramatically increasing your chance to get gear and groups.

I played warrior since release, and I completely forgot about weapon skills. Strangely enough...I want to do it even more now.

If I actually manage to download and set this up without loving it up completely, all should be well.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

lapse posted:

At least half of the paladins who made it over level 30 seem to have stopped playing.

Yeah... there's a reason for that. If my attempt at a vanilla Paladin was any indication, it gets worse, not better.

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

There isn't one -- make a warrior if that's the class you want to play.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

boho posted:

Sounds like a challenge! I'm in as Yangus.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Yessssss, this is great and so are you.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Had the greatest ZF run of all time tonight. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I caved in and started playing last night, so much nostalgia. In as Elfcare the priest.

• Locked thread