Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
Is improved drain life broken? It doesn't seem to have any effect that I've noticed.

On the other front getting a decent amount of gold here is tough, I had to send some over from my ah character for the first time because I ran out when buying new spells.
I think I have like 7g combined between the two characters :/

Aside from some kind of scam, is there an easy way to get some gold early on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

PS. Love the cabin posted:

Is improved drain life broken? It doesn't seem to have any effect that I've noticed.

On the other front getting a decent amount of gold here is tough, I had to send some over from my ah character for the first time because I ran out when buying new spells.
I think I have like 7g combined between the two characters :/

Aside from some kind of scam, is there an easy way to get some gold early on?

Have you tried the usual of selling ore/leather/cloth I've made about 50g by 30 without really trying

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
I'm just getting into heavy leather now but medium rarely goes beyond 15-20s per stack, I just vendor it to save time reselling it over and over.
So far all my cloth has gone into first aid :/

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You don't need to sell anything for money. Don't buy all your spells and you will have enough for a mount at 40 and otherwise you don't need money.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

There are a lot of useless, or not priority, spells and abilities that can be skipped for a while to save some money. Just buy the ones that directly impact your used abilities like the DoTs and nukes. The same for pet spells, you can hold off on some of the less important ones and get them later. Also, stick to 1 character so you can get more money from grinding and killing instead of toggling back and forth; you will get more money as you grind higher level mobs. Don't buy vendor items, don't buy anything in the AH, just quest/grind, sell everything you can, and you should be fine (especially since you don't need an extra 100g at 40 for mount training).

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

cats, 69, 420, lgw, WoW sucks but I keep coming back, just payed five dollars for this
I'm ready to wipe on trash progression today in MC. Just heads up i specced Prot so i'll need all the T1 warrior gear/tank items.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

<lets get offspec>

What other guild raids with elemental mages, moonkin/feral druids, smite priests, multiple shadow priests, 2h warriors, and ret/prot pallies? We are the winners.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 10, 2014

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'd like to play my hunter tonight unless Fayrn needs the spot for his mage

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

cats, 69, 420, lgw, WoW sucks but I keep coming back, just payed five dollars for this

DrSeRRoD posted:

<lets get offspec>

What other guild raids with elemental mages, moonkin/feral druids, smite priests, multiple shadow priests, 2h warriors, and ret/prot pallies? We are the winners.

And we win the game with them too. This obviously means we're #1 skill based guild on ED. We know we're the best...We're just too lazy to show it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

All this while discussing cats, turtles, weed, and heavers (often at the same time).

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

DrSeRRoD posted:

All this while discussing cats, turtles, weed, and heavers (often at the same time).

Let's try for a 20 minute BWL.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
I hate myself. Slipitorina postin' in dis thread.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: ZG run is starting in 15-20 minutes, come kill some trolls with us

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
lol

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

What BG is this weekend?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

AV.

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

Feel free to make a character on Area 52 and we can make a arena team. :) (Made sure to do separate accounts ;) )

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: ZG run at 7:30 for those interested!!!

Edit: Welp, my cable seems to be down. I'll join if it comes up

lapse fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 15, 2014

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I can't be without gchat anymore, please invite Treottr.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We are starting our Onyxia / MC run right now. Still ~10 spots available, if people need loots!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Trying to fight the urge to reactive Derpies. Do you guys need DOLPHIN SOUNDS?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Do yall ever stream raids? That could be fun.

mewse
May 2, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

Trying to fight the urge to reactive Derpies. Do you guys need DOLPHIN SOUNDS?

Uh, yes, come back derpies

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012
Rolled a warlock, name is Santorumsurg, send me an invite at earliest convenience thanks!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

mewse posted:

Uh, yes, come back derpies

Youre just going to take all my Pally loot.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Are they doing maintenance right now? I can't log into the wow-one forums (not that there's any news there anyway), let alone into the emerald dream server. For some reason I can log onto Warsong though.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
Crusader Kings 2 is super distracting please don't kick me from guild :ohdear:

I'l be back when my kingdom crumbles!

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

Tigern posted:

Crusader Kings 2 is super distracting please don't kick me from guild :ohdear:

I'l be back when my kingdom crumbles!

Disloyal swine. I hope your Kingdom is crushed and your villagers massacred

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1BnrSFlvk

i like to watch this video every once in a while its fun

this was the greatest moment in lgw history

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1BnrSFlvk

i like to watch this video every once in a while its fun

this was the greatest moment in lgw history

nice ui

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

thx

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Anyone got the mac torrent handy? Graduate school is making me want to find ways to cancel out my increased productivity.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

:siren: ZG Now, come kill trolls! :siren:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

BWL run tonight at 745!!!

Last week our run took about 2 hours, let's keep pushing it down to 90 minutes.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll be there........................

.................................WILL YOU?????????????????????? :pusheen:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll be there........................

.................................WILL YOU?????????????????????? :pusheen:

whoah double post awesome :holy:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
http://www.twitch.tv/shishkabutt I'm gonna stream our raid hopefully

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

We should do some of this stuff off this list. (Except maybe the masturbating ones. I mean. Yeah.)

(le copy and paste)
"i suggest the following to spice up raids:

+1-play with your opposite hand, switch mouse hand and keyboard hand
+1-every1 in raid swaps characters
+1-40 man raid poo poo faced
-jerk off during raid to enforce a release of serotonin during raid, repeat, subconscious reaction to being in raid will give automatic feeling of sweeping joy
-see how many people you can get to gquit in 1 raids time
+1-drag mobs that cleave into the clothies
+1-pop invuln pot while tanking chromag
-pop orc racial on chromag
+1-do chromag without LoS (you know who you are)
+1-kill 2 drakes at once (see RD video)
+1-guild trivia questions, winners get whatever loot they want off the boss
+1-play solitaire while MT nef
-call your most recent signifcant other while raid lead with no push to talk
-jerk off onto your keyboard and continue to play in a quagmire of keyboard jizz (lawl u shitter clickers won't have any issues from this)
+1-start TED Talk debate in vent during raid
+1-summon daquandagawd to raid lead by proxy
-ginvite morelagbaal and gear that playa out (better shaman than entire server)
-use the TRUE free for all loot style, first person to loot the item gets it (free for all means free for all) (if it's poo poo loot i'm all for racing to the boss)
-round robin, ash'kandi warlock bis
use your heads, don't settle for complacent mundane dress rehearsals of raids - have some fun, this is a fukkin ViDeo GaMe you're playin, nobody's making you take this poo poo seriously, everyone's done their speed runs and poo poo with their parts of the body in their rear end, grats we all poo poo on 10 year old content."

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

Kms posted:

-jerk off onto your keyboard and continue to play in a quagmire of keyboard jizz (lawl u shitter clickers won't have any issues from this)

So like every other day then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

PS. Love the cabin posted:

So like every other day then?

Well its more of a personal prefrence. Those days are over for me

• Locked thread