Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thanks a lot, good to know. Sold an Enduring Cap that dropped off a gnoll in Westfall, and was disappointed when I didn't get my haul immediately.

Who should I whisper for a guild invite? Name's baddwarf, a priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

TipTow posted:

Thanks a lot, good to know. Sold an Enduring Cap that dropped off a gnoll in Westfall, and was disappointed when I didn't get my haul immediately.

Who should I whisper for a guild invite? Name's baddwarf, a priest.

Just send a whisper to anyone in the guild and theyll point you in the right direction. /who lets get weird

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Not strictly nostalgia, but still hilarious.

Lets Kombobulate, baby.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
So is there a debuff cap in 1.12? It's been ages since I've played vanilla WoW and I just remember hating life as an affliction lock in MC with a 19slot or 12slot of whatever debuff cap on enemies.

bzk
Oct 6, 2008
16 debuff slots

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

More like 16 serpent sting slots.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Gils posted:

More like 16 serpent sting slots.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
I don't even know

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
Has anyone found a place to download 1.12 for OSX?

I found a torrent link somewhere on emeralddream.com, but I am unable to torrent anything at all, so is there another link to it anywhere?

If it means anything, I already have access to a working copy on Windows. So is it possible to just get ahold of the OSX equivalent of the executables and drag all the MPQ's, etc to it?

P.S. I assume this isn't :filez: because there's a download link on the OP. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Never got a chance to play a mage in Vanilla. In as Carnby

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
The linked addon packs have discord unit frames in them but being the pain in the rear end that they are to configure has anyone managed to find any of the profile archives that there used to be for it? Also what was the used for action bar mods back then, I don't remember.

19 characters or le
Sep 28, 2005

God is Santa Claus for adults.
I hate you for this. I thought I had my vanilla wow addiction cured. I was thinking about how I missed playing and then saw this thread. There goes my sleep/grades for the foreseeable future.

Tanners and all the old Rebirth guys are awesome and fun to play with though, worth slogging through 1x 1-60. In as Ecksray the Druid and a bunch of other characters.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Speaking of action bars. Is there a mod that changes the standard action bar from say 1 to 2 based on whether a hotkey like Auto-shot is in range? I am not really looking to mess around with changing all the bars around with an entire action bar mod, if it can be avoided.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

19 characters or le posted:

Tanners and all the old Rebirth guys are awesome and fun to play with though, worth slogging through 1x 1-60.

Yeah, it's just like old times. And by old times, I mean a year ago when we were reliving the really old times.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

What chat mod are you using? It looks a lot better than mine.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Looks like Prat I think? A little different than mine, though.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

Just ChatMOD 1.05b. I got it in the addon pack that was hosted on the rebirth forums when I first started playing there, a little over a year ago. I have no idea if it's in this newer one. I turned it off though because I found out that it causes that stupid CLINK error in world chat.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Vanilla wow had the best PvP - every class had tons of bullshit, engineering was busted, people didn't run around pillars for days with 500 resilience-- life was good. How are the BG queue times for Alliance?

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
This server maintenance is an outrage! I DEMAND bear asses right NOW! :argh:

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Ah-eee, ah-eee!

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Oh gently caress. Should I play?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Due to school and other reasons, I never really got into WoW with my friends back when it came out. I played for a month and had to shelve the game. I'm excited to play!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Noah posted:

Oh gently caress. Should I play?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Also yes.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Can't log in. Will give up forever.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Noah posted:

Can't log in. Will give up forever.

Log in to the website and download the Connection Patch. Should work then. Don't use the launcher, just run wow.exe after that.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Audax posted:

Log in to the website and download the Connection Patch. Should work then. Don't use the launcher, just run wow.exe after that.

I had to get the connection patch for it to work as well.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
In as Bessemer the Hunter. I'm super excited to see vanilla wow at a strong player base at low level.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Does anyone else have this really bad occasional latency hang up. It seems like everything stops doing anything for a few seconds and speeds up to present. It's just often enough to be a huge problem.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Is there a guild site/forums? Right now I'll only be able to play a bit on weekends until the summer, but I want to stay up-to-date with guild happenings and whatnot.

Editing in a link to a 1.12 calculator so I don't have to dig it out of the Rebirth thread: http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_8

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 25, 2013

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

TipTow posted:

Is there a guild site/forums? Right now I'll only be able to play a bit on weekends until the summer, but I want to stay up-to-date with guild happenings and whatnot.

We have a bank site set up. Since you asked I went ahead and added some forums to the domain (I can't tell you how happy I am about our domain name choice). I don't know if there is actually any demand for a discussion board, but there you go. Go hog wild.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Ularg posted:

Does anyone else have this really bad occasional latency hang up. It seems like everything stops doing anything for a few seconds and speeds up to present. It's just often enough to be a huge problem.
Yes, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten people killed because of it when it lags just before I click a heal button.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Also any goons feel like being naughty and playing Horde lemme know.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Audax posted:

I have a 25ish orc hunter i havent played since all the rebirth guys went to alliance and a 17ish orc shammy i play occasionally because i always wanted to play a shaman and you cant do that alliance side.

Ironically enough. I just noticed that we have the old 1.12 shaman thread linked in this thread but not the old paladin thread.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Audax posted:

I'm playing on the horde side. I just really wanted to make a Shaman

Edit: Shaman is Asuks

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 26, 2013

OUTLAWDAN
Jan 20, 2013

and a SCHOLAR
This sounds pretty cool. Being an original vanilla player myself, i once said that a vanilla server would be the only thing that could bring me back to WoW. I played from vanilla to the first month into cata and now i wouldn't dare step a foot into that game ever again. I don't know why, i just get a negative vibe every time i think of that game now. So much history with it, but it's just like an ex girlfriend that you want nothing to do with haha. So much time wasted.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

OUTLAWDAN posted:

This sounds pretty cool. Being an original vanilla player myself, i once said that a vanilla server would be the only thing that could bring me back to WoW. I played from vanilla to the first month into cata and now i wouldn't dare step a foot into that game ever again. I don't know why, i just get a negative vibe every time i think of that game now. So much history with it, but it's just like an ex girlfriend that you want nothing to do with haha. So much time wasted.

Come relive the good times with us. Back when I joined my old Vanilla server I same way and it turned out to be my best MMO experience hands down. This guild is a great home, hope to see you in game!

OUTLAWDAN
Jan 20, 2013

and a SCHOLAR

Tanners posted:

Come relive the good times with us. Back when I joined my old Vanilla server I same way and it turned out to be my best MMO experience hands down. This guild is a great home, hope to see you in game!

With the death of 50 man raids the game started to slowly die for me. It took away the difficulty of actually getting a group of 50 players together. I mean whats more fun than getting a large group of people together to take down a boss you definitely would struggle with taking anything less than 50. World PVP was at its climax, it actually took skill. Now World PVP is dead and PVP gear kind of ruined it too. I enjoyed actually working to get the end game gear to rollface people. I was a rogue back in those days, and this video definitely brings me back:

I'm not tosan but he was a great influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCCujrO2OyE

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Join us, be the new that guy.

\/\/ Well when you realize how incredibly boring and awful Eve is (soon), we'll be here ready for you!

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OUTLAWDAN
Jan 20, 2013

and a SCHOLAR
I actually just started playing EVE online. I have been wanting to play it for awhile, talked myself into downloading it haha.

I can really only manage one game at a time, especially MMO's.

Like i said this sounds like an amazing idea, i just can't see myself getting back into WoW even for a vanilla server. How many people are online at any given time?

• Locked thread