Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Sitting in chairs in the inn negates resting. Don't RP SIT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Noah posted:

That's the last straw....I quit.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Noah posted:

I discovered this recently and i was just torn apart

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
If the partner hadnt roped me into RaF'ing on Live I'd still be playing, but until thats done the great Isitar shall remain unloved.

Sad times.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
If anyone plays Horde, a couple of goon buddies of mine and I are thinking of just starting up a guild for shits n' giggles sake - mainly to have a simple way of keeping things organized. If anyone wants to join us or is willing to sign the charter, send me a message. Ingame name is Pacal. We all play pretty casually (~20s right now) and just relaxed so if you're chill too well that's just swell.

Audax fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 31, 2013

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.

boho posted:

Yeah... there's a reason for that. If my attempt at a vanilla Paladin was any indication, it gets worse, not better.

I have one of those Paladins, and I honestly do not know if I will pick it up again. Vanilla Paladin is really tedious, I never knew.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
^^ I'm 60 and have nothing to do. I'll help you level your pally, come back to us!

Audax posted:

If anyone plays Horde, a couple of goon buddies of mine and I are thinking of just starting up a guild for shits n' giggles sake - mainly to have a simple way of keeping things organized. If anyone wants to join us or is willing to sign the charter, send me a message. Ingame name is Pacal. We all play pretty casually (~20s right now) and just relaxed so if you're chill too well that's just swell.

This happened on the rebirth and was lovely every way you sliced it. I don't want to tell you to play alliance, but after living through having goon guilds on both sides, I wouldn't wish it on anyone again. Its not too late to start over on Alliance side, we don't bite. Please?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'm loving my Shaman, but I'd like to play with goons as well so I'm making an alliance character too.

So, Gnome Rogue or Human Warrior?

E: In as Ragetank

E2: I heard that mining nodes are broken, so I should stay away from professions that use minerals. Is that still the case?

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 1, 2013

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Will Styles posted:

E2: I heard that mining nodes are broken, so I should stay away from professions that use minerals. Is that still the case?

Nodes seem alright to me for mining. Just be sure to not loot green and above nodes until you skill-up. :ssh:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
From looking briefly at the AH last night it seems like mining might be the way to go if you want to make some gold. All the other gathering profession stuff seems to sell very cheap

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I've never played vanilla but am excited for the chance. In as Mayweather, human priest.

technomadic
Oct 21, 2010

Dancing through the skies

Brasseye posted:

From looking briefly at the AH last night it seems like mining might be the way to go if you want to make some gold. All the other gathering profession stuff seems to sell very cheap

The AH being functional due to the high population is perhaps my favorite thing about the server. It really speaks to how much the community is thriving.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

SandoroSan posted:

The AH being functional due to the high population is perhaps my favorite thing about the server. It really speaks to how much the community is thriving.

Yeah its great to see loads of stuff in the AH, tons of friendlies and enemies around while youre leveling and so on. I forgot how much a gold will buy you in vanilla too, its really cool.

That being said Im not looking forward to financing getting a mount, but Im only level 9 or something so its a long way off yet.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SandoroSan posted:

Faction AH is pretty good, but I didn't see *anything* on the Gadgetzan AH when I checked it one time. Though I admit I was only looking at armor or weapons.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

SHISHKABOB posted:

Faction AH is pretty good, but I didn't see *anything* on the Gadgetzan AH when I checked it one time. Though I admit I was only looking at armor or weapons.
To be fair, the neutral AH is typically desolate even on live servers, short of faction-specific pets.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Reasons to play here: You can get an Ankh of Life.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
Man I'm miiiiiiighty tempted to play this again. I was always Horde back in Vanilla when the game came out. Room for a mage?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

ApeEscape posted:

Man I'm miiiiiiighty tempted to play this again. I was always Horde back in Vanilla when the game came out. Room for a mage?

Yes come play with us

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
I may not be able to sneak out of work today early enough to make the photoshoot. This makes me very sad.

Choga
Jun 24, 2008
gently caress. Here it goes again. I'll be running around as Toddler, dwarf rogue.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I followed the guide, created the account, set the realmlist and it won't let me log in. Is the server up?

edit:

I was able to log in. Can I get an invite? Apeescape

ApeEscape fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 2, 2013

Bacchanalian
Sep 7, 2008
What?
This got so wierd.

http://imgur.com/a/Z5LYg

I almost gained a level, best event ever A++.

JACK_ATTACK
Jul 26, 2005

Bacchanalian
Sep 7, 2008
What?
RIP Huthuthut

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
Heres another album; http://imgur.com/a/tMtuB

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Pictures! I was drunk for half of them so it's sorta blurry.

http://imgur.com/a/ECRaX

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.
Epic proof of the Boat crash: http://i.imgur.com/cyMxRxe.jpg

-Loviatar

Fallen Paladin fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 2, 2013

bzk
Oct 6, 2008
Boats will crash your client most of the time if you're in a raid group, doesn't matter how many people are on the boat.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

How can I log into the Emerald Dream realm? applied connection patch, all good

homercles fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 2, 2013

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Purple Parrot
Sep 2, 2008
I am going to try this out, in as Dartanon

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Argh, so torn between a rogue and a warrior.

Guess I'll have to give em both a go.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Kejek posted:

Argh, so torn between a rogue and a warrior.

Guess I'll have to give em both a go.

Be a Druid and get a slighty inferior version of both at once!

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.

bzk posted:

Boats will crash your client most of the time if you're in a raid group, doesn't matter how many people are on the boat.

You and your logic, getting in the way of a fun part of an epic photoshoot. Shame on you!

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
I'm in as Ermoran, and I'm going to try to do two things I've never done before in WoW: 1. Play a hunter, and 2. Get above level 50.

Not necessarily on the same character, though. We'll see how I like the class.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

If people are reading this thread and on the fence about whether to join us, now is a very good time, before there are a bunch of 60's

We had 30-39 people on almost the entire day, all leveling.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
How is the server population? I tried playing on Rebirth, but got burnt out by the severe lack of people around. Getting a group was near impossible unless I was bugging one of my friends to hop on.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

crazkylo posted:

How is the server population? I tried playing on Rebirth, but got burnt out by the severe lack of people around. Getting a group was near impossible unless I was bugging one of my friends to hop on.

Its honestly a lot better than rebirth. There are constantly pubs formed for 5mans across all the levels in the world chat. Also theres plenty of action in the midlevel areas. If you try to level in STV you WILL be ganked.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

crazkylo posted:

800 average, 1000 peak. Ally slightly outnumber Horde, so about 440 on Ally at any given time on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Good to hear, at least leveling wont be terribly lonely. I'll probably set this to download as I sleep and get back to grinding away my life. Like the good 'ol days!

Edit: Is there a way to install from disc and then just patch to 1.12? most of the downloads I am seeing include the full game.

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 4, 2013

• Locked thread