Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
drat, Rebirth died? May have to poke about on this one when time allows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
As it is based on the last vanilla patch, I imagine that AV already had it's nerfs done to it? If so, that is a big negative for me.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I dumped my vanilla files during a system reorganization. Does anyone have the mac client handy for download?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

downout posted:

You may want to check out the Rebirth thread. I think one of the files offered by the facebook post has some links to mac client vanilla files. Don't quote me on that though because I don't have a mac.

Ah. Didn't want to assume it was the same client.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Hmmm. Still cannot track down a reliable mac client download. All I have in my old external drive is 5 installer tomes and installer app. Doesn't seem to want to do anything beyond trying to patch to MoP.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
In as Spookytooth, the horribad priest.

Is there a level requirement to speak in guild chat, or am I experiencing bugginess?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 4, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Dicking around as a Dwarf Warrior right now, but not sure whether I'm gonna stick with this or not. Apparently several of the leveling instances are broken? That was kinda my favorite part of vanilla WoW so if that's true it's kinda disappointing.

What instances? I agree that leveling in instances was fun (and profitable)

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Dunno if I am going to be able to stay and play with you gentlemen. Getting latency between 900-3.5k at all hours of the day here in mountain standard timezone.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Found out that just like on Rebirth, the boats dump you into deep water after transition (loving mac bug IIRC). Something that no vanilla server admins feel warrants captain placeholder apparently.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Fun with Wyverns in STV today.

edit: Not pictured: Unlimited Wyvern-works.

I am really looking forward to sacking of capitals and towns.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I made a thread, which in hindsight may be too little too late, judging by the changelog:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/41524-petition-av-early-version-pre-neutering/

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Touchdown Boy posted:

levelling is painful,

True that. That said, if we could get a consistant timeslot where we could have groups chain-instance-running, it would go a bit quicker. I am running my little gnome legs off to catch up with a leveling group. I have yet to party with a guildy, but my friends list is growing with non-goons. leveling solo is a big suck.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Suran37 posted:

I really wish they would, I never got the chance to play AV in vanilla and I always hoped I would have a chance to.

The changelog has some interesting buffs and changes. It is ridiculously long but halfway through I haven't seen anything about what iteration of AV it is based on. No mention of minefields, Korrak or shredders.

Keetron posted:

edit: Wait, do I understand correctly there already is AV? That would be my main reason to get to 60 asap!

Will be in the future at some point. Single-server AV (BGs in general) were great because you got to know the enemy, and folks couldn't randomly AFK their way to free honor.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 8, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Cannot log in. Is the server back in poo poo mode?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Awesome Richard posted:

Can someone throw an invite to Ballsagne when they get a chance? I'm on now.

Do a /who lets get weird and ask someone who is also online. Otherwise :effort:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Firos posted:

And that kids, is why you don't run 5 man LBRS.

What were we thinking?! :psyduck:

LRBS? Why not? Crowd control, profit?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Firos posted:

Two and a half hours :gonk:

And we only had to wait for Berz to corpse run back twice.

Sounds like someone was spoiled on the 20 minute hallways post-vanilla.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Is this morning of maintenance?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I am constantly amazed the various assortment of bugs on the fenix server that were not on Freaky's server.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Keetron posted:

Every time I play this, I am amazed it works. Some guys sat down, took apart the client and created a server for the client to talk to and that guys build this server in their spare time and they now run it for free.

No way in hell I will complain about bugs, if only out of respect for their effort.

Who's complaining? Just noticing that the entity with arguably the more resources is less polished than a relatively small band of folks.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Server making GBS threads itself?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Suran37 posted:

Of course, I finally got a group together for SM.

We were about to enter deadmines too. :(

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

FutuerBear posted:

In case anyone is interested, here is the little status checker tray application that AotC made and I updated to point at the ED servers:

On a mac and no idea what file type that is. :(
Any chance someone could open that and let us know if it is the server or just some players?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 23, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

FutuerBear posted:

Ha sorry, its just a windows executable. According to it, the login server has been down for about 50 minutes, and the realm server has been up for the past hour. So I suppose that means that the server was brought down/crashed and the login server is currently not online or reachable.

Also, you've seriously never used a windows computer? :)

e: Realized you probably just hadn't seen the 7z extension before, its another type of zip/rar/tar/whatever archive thing. I am much less shocked now, my bad.

Yeah, the extension threw me off. Odd that feenix doesn't have a server status thingimabob on their site.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
What's to explain? The guy probably had it with guild drama that he was paying :10bux: subscription for. Vanilla is better over all, free, and is where the laid back cool people play.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
The mage that I put on hiatus also had enchanting. Seems like every tome and hairy dick has an enchanter on this server.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Server once again pooping all over itself.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
RIP in piece, Emerald Dream

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Desmond posted:

I used to play on Rebirth, and this looks tempting. In as Mead.

Oh hey mead. Only 3 of us were online due to the most recent DDOS attack. No doubt we'll induct you when the server ends making GBS threads in itself.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Managed to get Mead an invite before I was booted for good. Well, at least Walking Dead is on tonight...

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Keetron posted:

The good part about a DDOS attack now and then is that it reminds me I have things to do.

Ain't that the truth. The only real frustrating thing for me, is that it always seems to occur just as I am starting an instance run.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Garrand posted:

I didn't start until after BC's release; was there any actual content difference in the lower levels between vanilla and BC, or was it just class changes and the addition of Outland?

TBC rendered everything >L58 (gearwise) absolutely worthless. Pretty much anything you strove for, accomplished, poopsocked for in vanilla was replaced in the very first outland zone. It also introduced the hallway dungeons.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

dkj posted:

poo poo, no donations at all?

I can't tolerate the 1-60 grind again. Are there any working bots?

This isn't the server for you. Plenty of (crappy) faster rate servers around.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Typical posted:

This server is amusing. world pvp is alive and well. Although I don't care much for people making level 1 alts to message you after you killed them.

A level 22 hunter came to red ridge today to gank people while i was skinning things on my 33 Warrior.

I proceeded to kill him 5 more times before I got bored and hearthed back.

I was getting a bit frustrated with the number of times I've been attacked/ganked mid fight with a mob. Usually by horde 5 or greater levels above me. Today it was all wiped away as a horde priest and I put aside our differences and cleared out Thunder Axe Fortress so we could get poo poo done. A time for everything.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Typical posted:

Some horde are cool like that. I've had my share of peaceful encounters for sure. I just cant ever fathom why some one would take the time to go really far out of their way to grief people repeatedly. I cant play like that. I just want to be 60.

I love my PvP, but there is just something that really shits on my gameplay; when enemies choose to fight you when you are in the middle of a fight with mob(s). Only second to the ones who attack you who are being babby sat by a L60.

edit: I need a warlock and summoner aid alts on different accounts so I can bypass the mac boat bug.
Unless we have a guild account for summons already set up?

The golden age of SA_WoW
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 6, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
You fuckers
:colbert:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

lapse posted:

We do need more healers, but if you dislike healing then don't do it just for that reason.

Would rather have a steady dps that sticks around, rather than a healer that burns out because they never liked healing to begin with.

Healing is enjoyable for me. Until DPS grabs too much aggro, causes a wipe, and the healer gets blamed. :feelsgood:

Bad DPSers make healers look bad and cause healers to burn out.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Woop. Time for our daily loving server meltdown?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

duffmensch posted:

Time to feed the addiction again - they're cool with multiboxing, right?

Before you do, see if there are others starting up new characters. Be a part of the M in MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Aaaaaaaand down we go

• Locked thread