Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Oh Tanners....you don't let the dream die do you?

Ha! I was thinking I could start a shaman, but noooo. I suppose I should play a female NE Hunter then.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Some healing addons.

*NOOBS* For those that haven't really played much or played a healer much, mouse over healing is the way to go. You can hover over a players health bar and press your heal key and it will send a heal to whomever you are currently moused over. This lets you keep the tank targeted continuously without having to re-target when healing other players. This also works for cleansing (though I use decursive instead). A raid frame like grid makes it easy to watch the raids health and move quickly between health bars. Grid is configurable to show this such as incoming heals, but most importantly it shows, with a little red square, who has mob agro. This can make healing tank switches almost trivial as you just switch to whatever tank has the little red dot! You don't even have to wait for them to take damage to figure it out.

Some player over at wow-one reworked mouse over and grid for 1.12 and here are the links.

Mouseover
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/13808-introducing-classic-mouseover-cm/

Grid
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/16263-introducing-gridenhanced/

Decursive should be in the giant addon pack.

With these 3 things, being a pro healer is easy.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Suran37 posted:

apparently some guy makes them for gold.

Ha, that's kind of cool. Make sweet addons for people for ingame gold.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
"I'm bugged" is the excuse I use for everything in life.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

TheGreySpectre posted:

Sounds pretty awesome, I might have to check it out when I get home. Is there a good repository for all the old vanilla mods like discord unit frames and enemy cast bars?

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/129-vanilla-interfaces/

I've been trying out DocUI, I've used Photek in the past. I have the zip for Photek if you want it, though there might be a link somewhere.
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/27177-docui/

TheGreySpectre posted:

I think when I get home it might bet time to roll out with a new paladin or dwarf priest.

Ultimagely, I say roll whatever you really want to roll. That being said, we've had a ton of people roll pallys and priests for some reason. Now could be your chance to role a huntard or rogue or some dps class if you really want to do that. Hell I be we could even use another warrior at this point.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 15, 2013

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Tufty posted:

Have fun in the firbolg den!

Pervert!

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

19 characters or le posted:

Tanners and all the old Rebirth guys are awesome and fun to play with though, worth slogging through 1x 1-60.

Yeah, it's just like old times. And by old times, I mean a year ago when we were reliving the really old times.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Noah posted:

Sitting in chairs in the inn negates resting. Don't RP SIT!

That's the last straw....I quit.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

McSpankWich posted:

We could also use Paladins, Rogues, Mages, and Locks! The only classes we seem to have an abundance of right now is Warriors, which is strange, and Hunters. Good chance a lot of the Warriors will burn out and reroll though. Also, there is no such thing as too many Warriors.

Edit: Basically roll whatever you want (except hunter, unless you're really set on being a hunter, then knock yourself out I guess) and get to 60 because I'd rather run groups more times to accommodate extra classes, than not run them at all because we're short.

In the end, I say roll what you think will keep you playing.

Incoming True Story:

I started out in <Hate> on Rebirth and because of the low pop issue, we always seemed to be short healers for our ubrs runs. I was playing a hunter at the time and decided to level up a healer. I didn't want to play a shaman or priest, so I went with a Druid. By the time I got to 60, we had tons of healers and now no tanks. Since I'd rolled the druid, I geared him up to tank and was the 2nd tank on a bunch of ubrs runs. I switched over to <GUILD> to start raiding and once again 1)tons of raid healers, 2) druids really don't tank well on raids, so...3) I end up cat dps'ing on raids. I min/maxed the poo poo out of it and got my dps up to 300ish, but cat's are just average at their max. I rolled the druid with every intention of being a healer. Never once did I really entertain the idea that I'd tank or (for the love of all that's holy) feral dps on raids, but that's what I ended up doing.

Moral of the story: what ever we need right now probably has no bearing on what we'll need when you get to 60, so roll whatever you're good at or something. Most of the vanilla content isn't tuned for min/max'd classes anyway.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
I posted a bit of a guide over on our forums, since the server was down and I had nothing else to do. Mostly things to know that you might not think of. Please add more to the thread if you think of them.

http://getweirdwith.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Touchdown Boy posted:

I will never level a vanilla character again though.

Well it was nice meeting you....take care.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Desmond posted:

Thanks for the invite. I was killed by a campfire somehow :ohdear:

I noticed in your op your vent server is a little small. I have one that has 25 slots, which I got for my family to use because we're spread across two countries, but most are vent-illiterate so we're still using skype. You're welcome to it unless you have something better now.

But then Fred couldn't rule over his tiny little vent with his tiny little iron fist. This is the only enjoyment he has left in life now that EuroTrucker is done. Don't take it from him.....I beg you.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
I found from playing my Druid on Rebirth, that you can make Feral work, you just have to min/max hard. Even with bis and maxing you will only tank as well as an average geared warrior or dps as well as an average hunter. I've played a warrior, druid, and hunter in vanilla and I can say this is the case. I've also healed geared druid tanks and geared warriors and there is a difference. The warriors are way less mana intensive due to avoidance. Ferals work, but you just have to be ok with being average even with bis gear and being below average until you get your bis gear.

My exp so far healing dungeons on ED is that Ferals work fine. I've done runs with Shifty and some other pubbie droods and they tank just fine. Shifty has done ubrs with no trouble and I used to do ubrs on Fester without much trouble. I tanked Garr adds and dog packs on rebirth and could have tanked fire guys because I had a poo poo ton of FR gear, but I forget if that happened. I usually dps'd on MC raids as Feral and was able to pull 300dps. That was pretty much the top of what you can do unless you want to use every pot/buff you can find. Even then the warrior who's not even trying will out dps you, but it isn't useless. With my 300dps, I would still sometimes out-do the lol hunters and shamans. I'd never beat a warrior , mage, lock or rogue unless they were super bad.

...and completely unrelated.

I'm probably going to be putting more energy into the SWG:EMU. I can't do the Saturday raid time, so I'm less excited about ED. I'm still down to do dungeons and ubrs and stuff. I'll just probably be working on my SWG toon instead of leveling up an ED alt. I'll try to idle in vent, but if not, my toons name in SWG is Gomez. Just have Fred or Toober log in and get me if you need a healer.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 8, 2013

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

McSpankWich posted:

I was really excited when I saw a bunch of new posts in here. I was much less excited when I read them.

Yeah no poo poo. Can we please /gkick everyone who participated in the multiboxing debate? It was loving unbearable to read, except for Watcher's post....that was a nice touch.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

McSpankWich posted:

There's two now actually! I just reforged a second one last night.

You are a true <Let's Get Weird> hero.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Firos posted:

I have died using this rotation in MC a large number of times.

This must be the same rotation Tonydanza is using...

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

ShockDawg 2L posted:

if i wanted to multibox level some hunters, is there an obviously OP choice for my first pet? Or later on down the road is there an OP pet for PVE?

If you want to min/max out another 0.00001 dps then the wolf from lbrs is the way to go. Otherwise just use any random cat you find to level up and when you hit 37 go get Broken Tooth in the Badlands. He's 1.0 speed so he does good dps for pve and messes with casters in pvp. He's really the only pet you'll ever need. You might grab a 2nd pet that has some high FR and bump up his FR some more just to have an FR pet, but even then...meh. Cats are easily the best leveling pets as they tank and dps good. Bears might tank 10% better, but they dps 30% worse. Raptors dps a bit better than cats but tank really badly. I know it would be cooler if pets were more of a thing, but they aren't.

Not sure if you can tame him solo at 37.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 30, 2013

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Fog Tripper posted:

So who did it?

I vote for Arroyo. He's edgy enough to attempt this; always pulling lots of stunts and pranks. He's always pushing the boundaries of crazy outrageousness when he's not chillin' and hanging out in guildchat. He's always saying funny, out-there stuff during raids and on ventrilo.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
What are the raid nights right now? I could fire up my priest and raid some. I forget why I stopped playing.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Does anyone have a rogue, warrior or lock they'd let me play? I have a 60 priest, but I'm sort of not into it though I'd probably play it if there weren't any other options.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Huthuthut, though I'm probably not in the guild atm as I've not logged in in a while. I also checked and it looks like you guys do BWL on mondays. That's our algalon raid night, so I'm not sure if it would work.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

saltylopez posted:

In as Kazzdel if anybody can shoot me an invite. I've played with a few of ya on Algalon before I got burnt out and I'm looking to check out this server.

Edit: Tanners, I got your /tell but I cant respond til level 5.

the.pope posted:

Oh god, Shish....

I'm still downloading this i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
By the way....I still have the client on my computer and a level 60 dwarf priest. Should I log in? Can you guys carry me in my crappy blues?

• Locked thread