Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Can anybody log in currently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

stfu salad posted:

Was able to finally log in this morning, after some weird errors. About 2 minutes later, got disconnected and now the server refuses connection.

Is this a sign to go back to Rebirth?

Weird, I haven't had any issue all day today.

Logged off a few times and got right back on without an issue.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DB05 posted:

Seem to be down again.

gently caress,

I logged off to go on Rebirth to give people enchants.

Now I can't get back on :(

And on Rebirth, either it's not working, or I'm IP blocked for some reason.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We also lack rogues, strangely.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Are some of you guys online right now, like it's just the log-in server?

Or is it totally down?

TheGreySpectre posted:

I tried to register and that was down as well, so it's not just you. I imagine they are having network problems or something. For the people who play regularly, how often does the server have issues with login?

Supposedly it has been pretty solid for the past several months, but ever since I started about 2 weeks ago it's been flaky as hell.

Seems to work fine during Euro prime time and works like poo poo during US prime time. If you can find a window where the log-in server is up long enough to log in, then it's fine and you stay connected, but finding those windows is getting more and more difficult.

lapse fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 16, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Amazing

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Did anybody get a message like "an exploit has been detected you are being logged out"

edit: False alarm, it seems it was only me

lapse fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 18, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

boho posted:

Before I put any time in a Warrior, is falling through the world with Charge as big of a problem as it is on other private servers?

It's not terrible here, but you do fall through the world occasionally.

I've probably fallen through the world 10 times so far, at level 46.

Every time except once, it was an area where there was a cave beneath. Only once that I fell through with nothing beneath, and had to spirit res.

(That's one thing that was nicer on Rebirth... when you fell through the world there, it would try to put you back)

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

I would say paladins are currently the class we need most, maybe followed by druids.

At least half of the paladins who made it over level 30 seem to have stopped playing.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

If people are reading this thread and on the fence about whether to join us, now is a very good time, before there are a bunch of 60's

We had 30-39 people on almost the entire day, all leveling.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Sillyman posted:

By the way, not to be a dick about it or anything, but are you actually only allowing 50+ into the guild proper at this point or was the guy I talked to just rude? For some reason I don't trust him given that the thread says nothing of the sort.

Someone was loving with you

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

boho posted:

I know I'm a prick to complain about a free lunch, but this server's stability leaves a little something to be desired...

This place is definitely buggier and less stable than Rebirth was, but gently caress it there are actually people around.

I wish we had crossed over the tipping point on Rebirth to get 1000+ people logged on for peak hours, but it just didn't happen :(

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

boho posted:

Cleanin' up the mean streets:

Did a GM actually talk to you? I have never had a ticket answered

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Nutshot is hacking again

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Anybody else having trouble logging in?

Keeps failing at "retreiving character list"

This is awesome, thanks for working on it.

Slightly unrelated, but is there any way to add "item level" to the listings?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Haha, you guys are showing up for like 1 second as online, then it's saying you are disconnecting again.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Tanners posted:

We've got our guild first Molten Core run scheduled for Saturday at 2pm EST (7pm server). Hopefully we can get some work done on Luci and Gehennas so be sure to show up for phat loot.

Everybody who is going to be ~57-58 by Saturday should get attuned!

And if you can't find a group to run attunement, log onto vent & bug people, usually there are some people on there playing other games.

-Doozi

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Galvanik posted:

Are you still accepting new members? I didn't see an application on the guild forum.

That application a few posts above was just people messing with someone in-game who tried to apply.

Anyone on the forum can join... just whisper somebody.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

If anybody needs enchants, I have free large brilliant shards, if you can come up with the rest of the mats.

Offer is open until I run out... have about 40.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

cupachabra posted:

Might take you up on that one, can you do +30 spell power to weapon?

Nah that's an MC recipe, unfortunately, along with +55 healing.

I also do not have 22 int yet from thorium brotherhood, or +4 stats to chest, which is a rare world drop.

I have everything else that people would want, though.

lapse fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 28, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm thinking about getting into this, as I never raided or even got to max level when I originally played vanilla. Are more healers needed for the raids? I was thinking of playing a warlock but I could also play a priest if that's what is needed.

We do need more healers, but if you dislike healing then don't do it just for that reason.

Would rather have a steady dps that sticks around, rather than a healer that burns out because they never liked healing to begin with.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Really? I never enjoyed dual wielding as a warrior (never felt like I did enough dmg) but didn't think 2Handing fury was a viable option.

It is a close call with everything working correctly, but on this server slam is bugged & you can abuse it & do like 50% more dps than intended.

Touchdown Boy posted:

ps Dual wielding fury warriors can outdps rogues with the right gear.

True up to BWL, but once you start getting near full BWL gear, warrior dps hits the threat cap and plateaus.

lapse fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 9, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Hey guys

edit: could still use like 2 more if people are looking at this.

lapse fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 20, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Typical posted:

This thing dropped in sunken temple last night :eyepop:

Don't even have a main hand for it yet. But its so good you dont even need one! :woop: :pcgaming:

That thing is crazy...

I would keep that until ZG is available & you can get http://www.aowow.org/?item=19891

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Semper Fudge posted:

Looking at getting started on this server, my only concern is that I've done this dance before and this would be the fourth vanilla server I've rolled on. The community died on the previous 3, is there any guarantee the same won't quickly happen to this one?

I wouldn't say "guarantee", but it definitely feels like a more long term project than the previous servers I've played on.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Blazolie posted:

Alright, so raid turnout today was iffy, likely due to confusion on which day the raid was actually held, so next week the raid will be on SATURDAY at 2PM EST as before. We will also, starting from the week after, hold an additional raid night, this being on Wednesday 5/8 at 8PM EST.

Please show up.

We are finally at the point where we have more than 40 active level 60s (who have logged in in the past 7 days). Granted some of those are alts, but we are real close.

At this point it's just a matter of turnout. We have the numbers & class balance that we really shouldn't have any problems.

lapse fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 28, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Our most dire shortage currently seems to be warlocks.

SHISHKABOB posted:

What level are those zombies in the plaguelands, the ones that are bugged like the bugs in Tanaris?

52 or 53, I think (??)

If you're at that level, it might be better to just go after the imps in burning steppes.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Log on dudes, we are trying to get this co-MC run started with Vidya.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We have 30 people, need some more!!!

Edit: 33!!! this is the most we've ever had, although a ton of them are Vidya folks.

lapse fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 16, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We finally killed a MC boss.

Gehennas down :lol:

Long overdue, and to be honest we should have been able to kill Baron Geddon as well, but people were leaving & we had been in there too long.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Did it just take a while to get everyone organized?

Well, we went for Lucifron first, but people accidentally pulled him twice in a row, and he reset his position in a strange spot where there were imps.

After that we pretty much went straight over to Gehennas & killed him without any issue.

Had enough time to kill Baron Geddon, but I think we had people in the raid that weren't familiar with how the bomb works, & blew up half the raid, etc. By the time everyone understood, we were missing 3 healers & a bunch of dps.

All in all not a bad run compared to our previous efforts, but it would've been nice to kill all 3 Luci / Gehennas / Geddon.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Fun Times! posted:

It is just the opposite - being in a party splits the experience you get. This is why people powerleveling alts refrain from grouping their characters.

I think it's technically supposed to still have a bonus.

Like if you have two equal level characters, and you kill a mob that does X experience points, then each character will get X/1.5 or something like that, instead of X/2.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

SAMB0 posted:

I can't remember who I was talking to. But I took over Firos, but I would have no problem taking a 60 class of something else more useful to a raid since I plan on showing up every wed, and transfer Firos to someone.

What else have you played before?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Good run.

We were able to kill Luci, Gehennas, and Baron.

Next week we're going to hopefully have 3 Tranq shots in the raid, so the plan is to go straight for Luci / Mag, and get rid of the goddamn dog respawns.

That will hopefully make the rest of the place a bit easier.

Someone was also saying that Feenix is upgrading the server this weekend, so with a little luck we'll have a more stable server too.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Yup good run guys, first-try kills on Magmadar and Garr (We had never tried either of them in previous raids).

Normally both of those have a bit of learning curve, so that's not shabby at all. So that's 5/10 MC bosses.

I think that next week we can hopefully add Shazzrah and Golemagg onto that list in the same amount of instance time (2.5-3 hrs).

We were discussing possibly trying a 2nd night, to see how it goes, see how many show up, etc. No matter what day we pick we'll lose some number of people and pick up some others, that's just how it goes.

General idea, I think, would be Wednesday = MC bosses on farm, and the following Monday (maybe) would be Onyxia plus MC progression content / eventually BWL, etc.

Stay tuned & someone will mention for sure if we're going to try it. Or the GMOTD.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Epel-i posted:

I'll be starting a gnome mage named Epeli early next week once I get done moving. I hope someone still rememebers me playing the ud mage from rebirth.
Does anyone know if the instance reset limit is working on the server?

Yeah a bunch of people will remember you. There is no instance reset limit currently.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Stangg posted:

The guild website is down? I want to read Chickens pro multiboxing guide :(

It's up now

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We could use some help for a Jailbreak run, if anybody sees this in the next few minutes.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: 45 minutes until we are going to do Onyxia / MC continuation (Shazz, Golemagg are priority to try) :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Pretty good run tonight, although it took way too long to get started on stuff.

But once we got going, went well. :siren: Shazzrah and Golemagg down.

Not enough DPS for Onyxia, we needed like 5 more people or something like that.

spacetimecontinuu posted:

So do you guys really have a 40 goon raid group going or do you fill out with whoever?

We have a few other guilds that we have a raid group with.

Most of the raid is us though.

lapse fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 25, 2013

• Locked thread