Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I decided to give this a try but I can't seem to get connected. When I try and log into the forums I get a database connection error. Are the login servers down or am I doing something wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Audax posted:

Log in to the website and download the Connection Patch. Should work then. Don't use the launcher, just run wow.exe after that.

I had to get the connection patch for it to work as well.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Audax posted:

Also any goons feel like being naughty and playing Horde lemme know.

I'm playing on the horde side. I just really wanted to make a Shaman

Edit: Shaman is Asuks

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 26, 2013

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
PvP server.

I'm not sure what's been released content wise. They're taking a tiered progression of releases with content, similar to what it was like with vanilla. I think DM just opened up, not sure though. I'm only level 20 at the moment so I haven't been following end game stuff too closely.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'm loving my Shaman, but I'd like to play with goons as well so I'm making an alliance character too.

So, Gnome Rogue or Human Warrior?

E: In as Ragetank

E2: I heard that mining nodes are broken, so I should stay away from professions that use minerals. Is that still the case?

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 1, 2013

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I can't remember when they introduced reputation discounts. I know Honored gets you 10% but I'm thinking exalted gets you an additional 10%, if so that's 20g off the level 40 mount (18 skill / 2 mount) which is pretty nice. Of course getting to exalted is tricky especially if you do a lot of grinding instead of questing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

EDIT: Slightly confused here, for emerald dream do I use the feenix launcher or the "WoW" one?

Neither. You run the wow.exe file from wherever you install/extract the game. Also be sure to run the connection patch.

• Locked thread