Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
In as a Dorf Hunter named (Tim) Conway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
Wait, is the server back now? I am off in an hour and having rekindled my addiction can't stop thinking about playing.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Typical posted:

Just started on this server with my Girlfriend. I've been playing since 05 but never played alliance before. should be fun. Typical is me

I knew I'd get you to join.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
Why the DDos today? Because I am almost level 23 and was hoping to hunt down and tame Lupos today.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
Anyone wanting to start who likes instances, like I do, here is my experience. Deadmines is broken at Mr. Smite, people say he isn't supposed to spawn 2 mobs and bring 2. Blackfathom Depths has a problem with the final door, but I hear a mage can blink through and open it. Finally, I ran Gnomeregan and the dark iron agent's mines move around like roombas, and the final boss spawns bombs at a possibly accelerated rate.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Tufty posted:

Isn't he? With Mr. Smite I've always had the group hang back, one person pulls him (spawning the 2 at the bottom) and then dies intentionally. When the group re-engage the boss the two invisible adds at the bottom just aren't there. Not sure if this was a retail Vanilla trick but I definitely used it on Emerald Dream.

I don't think he pulled the two from the boat in retail just the shadows. Also Vancleef himself is broken as he spawns unlimited addons.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Riscas posted:

could the guy who multiboxes mages(redwizard, yellowwizard, etc) please pm me? I have some questions about setting up isboxer.

Yeah or make him post some kind of tutorial or helpful resources. I'm interested in dual boxing at some point.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
I cannot seem to find a good action bar. I remember there being a couple that were really easy buy can't remember the names. The lists and stuff for addons only have names not categories. Any ideas? I like what was on speero's screenshot.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Tufty posted:

Bongos is good, nice and customisable and has options for 'stance paging'. It lets you turn bars 1-3 into bars 4-7 (for example) when you enter a stance or druid form. Then you can make the real 4-7 invisible and your ability buttons just magically change when you shapeshift or change your stance.

Thanks! Does it have a nice options window? I have so many mods on that I don't know how to configure.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Raxmus posted:

I have 5 locks at 29 now and I'll get them to 30 tomorrow then give them out. They all come with good tailored or drop based gear and enough spells/shards/money to get started. Locks get free mounts at 40 so that's not a big concern. I would really prefer to give them to new players who actually plan to play. It's sort of annoying to see someone take an account and never use it and make no attempt to pass it on to someone else. If you play and decide the server isn't for you please offer the account up to someone else.

Feel free to claim them now if you want, names are as follows:
1.) Watermellon (Green)
2.) Cranberry (Red)
3.) Marshmallow (White)
4.) Sugarplum (Pink)
5.) Peanutbutter (Brown)

I used Bluewizard to get a goon into playing.... he uses it sometimes. Should he gave up it'll be up for grabs.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

rawr im a tree posted:

Explain, please.

I assume so we can recreate this nightmare.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
Far as I can tell casual playing is totally cool. Any players is better than no players, right? Now if only I can do Uldaman again.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
wow, I logged on after month(s) and found I am no longer a guildmember? My god! Things have obviously gone downhill. I may solicit another guild invite for the Great and Powerful Conway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Extra posted:

Word. I do have all those mages and warlocks I leveled up but it seems I completely deleted the encrypted archive I had with all the information for the accounts :negative:. I wonder if the goons I handed out my wizard characters to still play. If there aren't any accounts around I might be able to snag back one from them.

e: I also have no life and work at home so at least you would have someone who could show up consistently to raids if that's any incentive to let me use an account. Also I'm not some silly person who grabs and account and holds onto it if they're not playing it.

Anywho re-downloading the client now and should be on a few minutes.

I have blue mage from Raxmus. Still level 30.

• Locked thread