Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Crassus is so awesome omfg. Not only seems like a cool actor, but the character so far has been written awesomely. I echo the thoughts of others The fight with hilarus(which is what the cc says?) was so great. Also ridiculous Gannicus 4 way :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What the butt was Caesar doing to his dick :byodood:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Who had magic cock and where was the cocksthesis? How did I miss this?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

And Gannicus was always better.

Gannicus has one of the most overpowered special rules in Spartacus, followed by Spartacus. Crixus' is poo poo by comparison so its no surprise Gannicus was rolling him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I was expecting them to pal around the city more and have more intrigue with Caesar, but nope, kills robert redford and now it seems like the show is going to be a series of fighting retreats.

Crassus obviously smelt bullshit from the Aedile's wife, but even his plan got foiled by Crixus coming back and the Gladiators all being beasts compared to legionaries.

I was loving tense in the final fight thinking a major person was going to eat it :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Tiberius hosed his mom rite?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Crassus runs his wife, so I think if he had a bastard by this slave lady he obviously loves she'd have to suck it up. But it could just be a figurative mom, ie slave lady takes care of him a lot.

Either way, Tiberius is a little oedipal shithead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Gannicus owns. All the Gladiators own. Killing himself to deprive the romans of their victory kill? After essentially owning Caesar? Awesome.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

Tiberius just made a serious no-no.

NEW NO NO, If Tiberius cuts off your best friends head, then you get to also cut off your best friends head. NEW NO NO

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The day is ours.

WHEN IS IT loving NOT?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :qq:

edit:You have got to be loving kidding me that Tiberius kills Crixus AND Agron. FUCkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 23, 2013

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

Then in final scene clouds will part to show Cossutius smiling from the heavens

then a foot will come down and smush him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'm thinking Agron is either getting crucified or returned to Spartacus via Caesar's deal.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
That makes me miss Varro

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

I also assume the minor subplot of the serial killer carving up whores in the follower camp was mainly Tiberius going a rampage in his free time?

The prostitute is the one who told Caesar that Tiberius was sneaking around Kore's tent. Presumably its also one Caesar liked banging.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
So loving sad this show is done. I marked the gently caress out when Spartacus countered the sword grab and had Crassus dead to rights. Now we all know that even half killed by fighting 10 men right before, Spartacus was going to kill that motherfucker.

Stupid mooks and their spears :mad:

Gannicus' cock will rage on, forever

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Andy "I AM SPARTACUS" was so :unsmith: Liam really brought it in this final season, but Andy 4 Eva.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

shizen posted:

Strike sorrow of mourning from thought and take up ale and whores in celebration at spectacle of series.

Let grief fall from sight and see cock harden to purpose of celebration.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Absolute pinnacle of the series. The roman genius imperator who respects his opponent enough to put his entire being into killing him still underestimates Spartacus enough to have his own moved turned back on him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

The Dark Wind posted:

I'm dumb and don't know what this is referencing but I feel like I should be watching it?

Creator of spartacus is trying to get Starz to pickup a future space marine war show. If he puts as much effort into that as he did Spartacus it will obviously loving rule.

As a spartacus aside: There are more than a handful of movies with worse fight choreography than Spartacus, like hundreds of handfuls more. Gosh all the fights ruled.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Oasx posted:

Is there a specific reason why the actor who plays Naevia changed after the first two seasons? I don't know how much the actor has anything to do with it, but she was much less annoying before the change.

On the other hand, as sad as it was what happened to Andy Whitfield, after having re-watched the series recently, i found Liam McIntyre to be much better in the role.

She got a regular job on a network show. NCIS or some poo poo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Paradoxish posted:

Legionaries were also (probably) trained to basically just stay behind their shields and jab with their swords, which frustrated the ever loving poo poo out of cultures that placed importance on things like individual skill and valor in combat.

If only those cultures had learned the missile drop kick or the patented double sword jump.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love the look of shocked exasperation on Crassus' face.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
All these gifs are just getting my blood up, now I have to watch the finale again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
He was on the A-team, he helped train people, he was a respected member of the inner circle, but he wasn't doing plans and poo poo. At the end you see him actually leading a contingent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Spartacus has a smaller cast of characters and a vastly smaller amount of locations. Spartacus was a great show. GOT is a great show. They don't need to compete with each other. I'll display both blu rays sets proudly next to each other in my DVD rack.

• Locked thread