Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Does anyone know WHY this show got cancelled? I thought the ratings went up quite a bit from S1 to S1.5 to S2.

I'm happy the show is coming back, it's seriously one of the greatest shows on television, but I'm still confused as to why this is going to be the last season. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Teek posted:

DeKnight seemed to think there wasn't any story to mine there, but that just strikes me as lacking interest in keeping it going more than anything, as he already had several other projects in the pipeline that seem to be taking his attention.

Booooooooo.

I certainly wouldn't mind watching Spartacus go back and forth with Ceasar for at least two seasons. Besides who cares how long the actual rebellion took, it's not like Spartacus is renowned for its historical accuracy or anything - it's a good show and the characters are amazing to hang out with for an hour a week, let the show take its time.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
The premiere was just as amazing as I'd hoped. Crassus looks like he's going to be an awesome new villain, finally someone who's attitude isn't "Well they're just slaves" and who recognizes that Spartacus is a pretty awesome general. His son is trying SO HARD to pull off the Joffrey Lannister Super Snobby look, but fails miserably and just looks pouty and stupid. Hopefully we won't spend too much with him.

I love Naevia's new hair so much :allears: I can't even put it into words.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

etalian posted:

Finally the tie-in products everyone wants:

The way Gannicus bangs his way around you'd think it would be more cost productive to print "I Haven't Slept With Gannicus" phone covers.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I am increasingly losing interest with this show as my sympathy for Spartacus and his friends starts to dwindle down to nothing. I didn't like the sack of the city, where it was like "We're going to save the slaves from rape and death! Using rape and death!" but I was hoping this episode would have Spartacus bringing down the loving hammer of the gods on his troops with a "Hey, we're better than this" kind of speech. But instead, the only guy making arguments that surviving Romans were people and not sport got killed by Naevia because she couldn't take 2 seconds to think about the fact that the prisoners went missing at the same time that Laeta lost her shackles. Nope, nope, couldn't have anything to do with that, it must be the blacksmith.

I want to root for these guys :( I want to like them. But from the way they're acting in the city, I'm finding it harder and harder to be on their side. :sigh:

• Locked thread