Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Space Pope
Apr 23, 2010

Last year there was a thread about this, and I just took the test and wanted to see how people thought it was. I think I did pretty well. Anyone know how many correct answers you needed to get a callback last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

What is this "Jeopardy test" thing that you speak of and what does it entail? The details in the OP seem kind of vague.

Mazrim
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.

I signed up for the hell of it, and I tanked under the imagined pressure..

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Just took it but I doubt I passed , literature just stumped me completely

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 16, 2007

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Probably got about half or more correct. I'd suck as a contestant due to nervousness.

The Space Pope
Apr 23, 2010

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

What is this "Jeopardy test" thing that you speak of and what does it entail? The details in the OP seem kind of vague.

Good point, a little context would help.

Once a year there is a online tryout for the TV game show "Jeopardy" - You sign up in advance, and each time zone in the US takes the test all at once. Or I guess Central and Mountain are combined, as there are only three nights.

If you hit some number of correct answers, they contact you and possibly bring you in for an interview, and then an audition, and then possibly you get to be on the show. I believe a couple people from SA have made it on over the years.

Tonight was the east coast test.

The Space Pope
Apr 23, 2010

Island Nation posted:

Just took it but I doubt I passed , literature just stumped me completely

One was Stephen King, one was Joseph Conrad, one was Albert Camus. I didn't know the Emily (Or was it Charlotte) Bronte answer.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 16, 2007

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Geography can suck a dick.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

The Space Pope posted:

One was Stephen King, one was Joseph Conrad, one was Albert Camus. I didn't know the Emily (Or was it Charlotte) Bronte answer.

I got King and Conrad but not Camus or the Close Range author

I also blanked on Wilde (he was 1895-7?)

thoraxfetish.com
Nov 3, 2006

Five feet tall, 200 pounds and gigantic water cannons with enough power to pierce through metal.

I've been taking this for about 6 years now and I think this one was definitely the easiest.

Bob Loblaw
Jan 4, 2003

Bob Loblaw lobs law bomb

There's a thread in TVIV where we are all lamenting our poor performances.

Johnny Walker
Jun 14, 2005

I've got a home for
Bloggers Let's exchange
ideas,stories and photos
with friendly writers
and editors.

The Space Pope posted:

...one was Albert Camus.
I completely brain-farted on this one. It was right on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't come up with it. Dammit.

I feel like I did worse on this one than last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basicblack
Oct 9, 2004

That basic little black dress.

PreacherTom took it, but he's too lazy to post about it here.