Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TenaciousJ posted:

I can never quite tell if Hunt puts his arms down after a knockout punch because he's gassed or because he absolutely knows his opponent is out. Maybe it's both since it's the heavyweight division.

After the Tuchscherer fight he said he can just "feel it" when a guy is done. He also said that he feels a weird momentary depression when he finishes a fight, so it could be either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Gonna need a gif of Cristiano Marcello's sweet, sweet running strikes

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Saw this in the PYF Gifs thread:

"Gives no fucks" personified.

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Gonna need a gif of Cristiano Marcello's sweet, sweet running strikes

Oooh me too! Those were hilarious and I'll keep following him until he stops doing it (my guess is after it gets him ko'd ....let's say twice).

tonesville fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 4, 2013

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The best Wandy gif. If you don't cut off his head Wanderlei Silva will just keep swinging.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm pretty sure even if you did cut his head off he'd throw at least five more wild hooks before it hit the ground.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

and the head would be trying to bite you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Then he'd do some charity work before his funeral.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Preliminary betting has Sakuraba a +500 dog against Wandy's headless corpse

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Gonna lead with this.

vainman posted:

The best Wandy gif. If you don't cut off his head Wanderlei Silva will just keep swinging.

I love Wanderlei but he's definitely going to be a test case for CTE in a few years.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Grifter posted:

I love Wanderlei but he's definitely going to be a test case for CTE in a few years.

at least the doctors treating him will have the singular ray of sunshine every time he says "thanks my guys" to them in the midst of their depressingly awful jobs

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Steve Glutenberg posted:

at least the doctors treating him will have the singular ray of sunshine every time he says "thanks my guys" to them in the midst of their depressingly awful jobs

:lol:

Oh, I just made myself sad..

:smith:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

"Hello Japan!"

dokomoy
May 21, 2004
I hope grappling related gifs are OK too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

dokomoy posted:

Does it involve grown men hugging? I think we're cool with it, then.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Everybody can enjoy a good pajama wrestle

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Condit tries to be intimidating while Hendricks gives no shits at all. This fight made me a Hendricks fan.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I only just realized that Affliction couldn't even be bothered to spell Lindland's name correctly. I mean, not that anyone gives a poo poo about Matt Lindland or anything, but still.

Here is the follow-up to that promo:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

Condit tries to be intimidating while Hendricks gives no shits at all. This fight made me a Hendricks fan.

He wasn't trying to be intimidating, he was just fired up. This fight made me a bigger Condit fan.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

JiveHonky posted:

He wasn't trying to be intimidating, he was just fired up. This fight made me a bigger Condit fan.

It was the real main event of the evening.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

JiveHonky posted:

That was definitely trying to be intimidating. The look in his eyes, the slight grimace, the flexing. Overboard or showboating? No, but everything about that physically says "you've done nothing to me, now I am going to hurt you." Condit has class, he isn't going to attempt to get into someone's head by being an asshat like Sonnen or Koscheck. At that point in the fight he had to do something to make it look like he was doing good. Not that he didn't or that Hendricks dominated him, but he was losing. Showing Hendricks that he was neither hurt nor willing to admit defeat was important. So he did that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
To me it looked like he was just asking the crowd to give it up for two dudes just wailing on each other.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Nick Diaz shows his most activity in his entire fight with Georges St-Pierre.

Issei Tamura makes a bad decision against TJ Dillashaw.

Jake Ellenberger hits very hard.

dokomoy posted:

Any fight sports are cool.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Grifter posted:

Jake Ellenberger hits very hard.

Someone pointed out in the GDT that Ellenberger was at best on his tiptoes when he landed the cross that put Marquardt down.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Shogun Rua fighting crime.

Wandy says "Lidar com ele"

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 19, 2013

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bucket Joneses posted:

To me it looked like he was just asking the crowd to give it up for two dudes just wailing on each other.

It looked that way because that's all it was

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Reminds me of this:

That was such a good fight. For anyone who didn't see it, that staredown was at the beginning of the third, after Huerta survived this:

Then he beat the poo poo out of Guida in the third round and choked him out (couldn't find a gif of that, unfortunately).

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Did this guy die?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Saw this in the PYF Gifs thread:

"Gives no fucks" personified.

Who is this guy that looks like Ken Shamrock's charming evil twin from a parallel universe?

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

MacDougall posted:

Who is this guy that looks like Ken Shamrock's charming evil twin from a parallel universe?

It's Ken Shamrock's charming evil adopted brother from a parallel universe. His mutant powers include wearing braces in his 40s and never ever fighting.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Every time I see that gif it makes me hate Frank Shamrock even more than before.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

dsriggs posted:

Every time I see that gif it makes me love Frank Shamrock even more than before.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

MacDougall posted:

I've always said this. It is so bizarre to me that Frank and Ken are both adopted and Frank is Mexican, yet they look related. They look like brothers, It's really weird.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Bucket Joneses posted:

Every time I see that gif it makes me hate Frank Shamrock even more than before.

It should make you love Bas even more.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

God drat, exactly how much horse steroid was he injecting back then

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BlindSite posted:

God drat, exactly how much horse steroid was he injecting back then

This was for the Openweight Grand Prix so the answer was: all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Bucket Joneses posted:

Haha how! It's great.

Seltzer posted:

I've always said this. It is so bizarre to me that Frank and Ken are both adopted and Frank is Mexican, yet they look related. They look like brothers, It's really weird.

loving oath!

• Locked thread