Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JAssassin posted:

I should have been more clear, thanks for letting me know. I do need the penciling done as well. I'll update my post with that.

And how will the artwork be given to you? Are you going to need physical copies mailed to you or just digital copies? Also, I know you said money is tight, but did you have a tentative budget in mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Phylodox posted:

And how will the artwork be given to you? Are you going to need physical copies mailed to you or just digital copies? Also, I know you said money is tight, but did you have a tentative budget in mind?

Digital would be best.

My budget is my biggest concern. I was hoping to spend 150 dollars, however as I've done more research and been contacted by other artists, that seems like a very serious lowball, so honestly, I'm not sure. I don't want to undervalue anyone's skill, but at the same time, I make minimum wage and work less than 20 hours a week so I can't meet a lot of artists' page rates.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, that's pretty low for penciling and inking and design work (I'm assuming, since you said your last artist bailed after two character designs). Is there any way you could condense your pitch into fewer pages, maybe? Or is six pages mandated by your teacher?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, that's pretty low for penciling and inking and design work (I'm assuming, since you said your last artist bailed after two character designs). Is there any way you could condense your pitch into fewer pages, maybe? Or is six pages mandated by your teacher?

Six pages is the required minimum. I think I might have to look more locally (like, on campus locally) to get an artist for this, because professional rates is well out of my league. Thanks for this, though. I'll definitely look here when I get some money saved up. :)

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a concept artist to help design/illustrate two characters for an independent superhero feature I'm working on.

We'll be shooting a concept trailer in early August, so ideally we'd like to have the characters designed by the end of May at the latest to give us time to implement them.

We have a pretty strong idea of the direction we want to take the characters in, so in addition to some exploratory sketches to nail down the final look, we'd like a more fleshed out illustration of each character to help us pitch the film (similar to how Ralph McQuarrie's art was used to help sell Star Wars).

If interested, please email vanguardmovie@gmail.com with your portfolio and rates.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Hello Goons,

I'm starting a food-selling business with my girlfriend and require some small logo design services, although we don't have a whole lot of money to spend on it.

What I need is stylized text saying "Tito Ron's" and a simple pineapple. I would like the words drawn in a slightly fatter version of a 'groovy' type font, like superstar deejay or something similar, and the pineapple can either be worked into the text or not. Either way, we'd need a vector of the pineapple that we could use for things like t-shirts and the like. We're sort of going for a cheap island shack feel to the business, and would like it to have some blend of cheap, fun and vibrant.

I'm aware that I'm neither asking properly nor paying enough, but I can offer $100 for the services of a kindly goon, and would like to hear from any interested parties at titorons@gmail.com. We would, of course, give design credit on our website if you were interested.

Thanks in advance,

A tentative solution has been reached! I will update this post when there are updates to be made.

Dr. Tommy John fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 5, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

My team will be launching a new retail website later this year. We've got a competent web team, but we've lost access to the only person that had a modicum of aesthetic skill and we're looking for someone to make some simple banners advertising products or services. Looking around online only points me to hideous banner maker software. Where do I find an artist for stuff like this and how much can I expect to pay?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Right here would be the place to find someone for that sort of work, the payment would depend on a few things I'd think. The desired complexity of the banner advertisements, whether they'd be made with provided material or entirely from scratch etc. It's something I'd honestly be willing to do, if you'd like to discuss it further you can reach me at kazuhru@gmail.com

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
So I have this card game I have been working on in my spare time for the past couple of years, and I am finally getting to a point where I feel the mechanics are about to be locked down. I'm still deciding on whether or not I'm going to take the game to a publisher or go the kickstarter route. Either way I go I'm going to need some of the artwork done ahead of time, either for the promotional side with kickstarter or to show the publisher what I had imagined when I pitch it to them.

Sadly I don't have a huge budget since I am self funding things right now, likely only a couple of hundred right now without having to eat ramen all month. What would be a fair rate to pay per character or a couple of characters to use in this case? If I kickstart or the publisher decides they like the art style, I would come back to the artist with a contract to do the rest of the characters. They would then be used on the box art and as stand up cardboard figures for the players, and the option for more pieces involving these characters on the various cards. So I guess I'm looking at two different rates, one for just a couple of pieces used in the kickstarter/publisher pitch and then a contract for numerous pieces (12 characters and then card art with the same artist or mutliple artists) that would be published in marketing on the box and future printings. If I go the kickstarter route I need to know how much I need to budget for costs.

I was thinking of trying to do the art myself, but I'm so slow and terrible I decided to stick to what I'm better at. Namely the game design aspects, and writing my own tools to streamline the card creation process for this project and future game designs.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

dark_3y3 posted:

So I have this card game I have been working on in my spare time for the past couple of years, and I am finally getting to a point where I feel the mechanics are about to be locked down. I'm still deciding on whether or not I'm going to take the game to a publisher or go the kickstarter route. Either way I go I'm going to need some of the artwork done ahead of time, either for the promotional side with kickstarter or to show the publisher what I had imagined when I pitch it to them.

Sadly I don't have a huge budget since I am self funding things right now, likely only a couple of hundred right now without having to eat ramen all month. What would be a fair rate to pay per character or a couple of characters to use in this case? If I kickstart or the publisher decides they like the art style, I would come back to the artist with a contract to do the rest of the characters. They would then be used on the box art and as stand up cardboard figures for the players, and the option for more pieces involving these characters on the various cards. So I guess I'm looking at two different rates, one for just a couple of pieces used in the kickstarter/publisher pitch and then a contract for numerous pieces (12 characters and then card art with the same artist or mutliple artists) that would be published in marketing on the box and future printings. If I go the kickstarter route I need to know how much I need to budget for costs.

I was thinking of trying to do the art myself, but I'm so slow and terrible I decided to stick to what I'm better at. Namely the game design aspects, and writing my own tools to streamline the card creation process for this project and future game designs.

What game? Or at least what's the genre?

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.

gromdul posted:

What game? Or at least what's the genre?

It's a card game, themed around gym class/recess dodgeball. The characters are 9-12 years old. The cards are on the humorous side, with some cards based on things I remember from my childhood. Bully, Bully Inc., Let's Trade a Shoe, Taunt, Copycat, Wandering Teacher and more. I was thinking the style would be on the cartoonish side.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I sent a PM if you want to look through some of my sketch work. I have a free day each week and might be able to help. If you have a specific cartoon style in mind then it might be helpful to share. Cartoon covers a LOT of styles. :)

E: I'm currently playing through the Rockstar's remastered Bully so this caught my attention. :D

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I am starting a recording studio and am looking for a logo to use for it. The name is Panic Attack Studios. I want something really simple, more of a symbol really. I was thinking something that could be pulled off with a spray paint stencil for instance. I really don't want to do something like Fiverr (being in a contract industry myself gently caress "crowdsource" bullshit) so I want to pay someone as well as I can afford for a logo. I'm open to ideas, as I'm not terribly aesthetically inclined, but what I'd kind of had in mind was a simple microphone outline but with like jagged spikes radiating from the top instead of being rounded, something to connect to the panic attack thing.

The mic style I had in mind is this:

But held vertically instead of angled. I'd love to get some rates and such if there's anyone who wants to take up the commission.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

I am starting a recording studio and am looking for a logo to use for it. The name is Panic Attack Studios. I want something really simple, more of a symbol really. I was thinking something that could be pulled off with a spray paint stencil for instance. I really don't want to do something like Fiverr (being in a contract industry myself gently caress "crowdsource" bullshit) so I want to pay someone as well as I can afford for a logo. I'm open to ideas, as I'm not terribly aesthetically inclined, but what I'd kind of had in mind was a simple microphone outline but with like jagged spikes radiating from the top instead of being rounded, something to connect to the panic attack thing.

The mic style I had in mind is this:

But held vertically instead of angled. I'd love to get some rates and such if there's anyone who wants to take up the commission.

Unless you've already been contacted about it, I'd be interested in talking over the job more. In private of course. You didn't provide an email to contact you with, so I'll provide my own. I'll gladly provide examples of some of my work via email, and we can then discuss the details. kazuhru@gmail.com

El GiNGiS
Jun 7, 2007

:ese::byodame:
Hey guys, I am an Art Director at a large tech company in San Francisco.

I have an overflow of animation projects right now and am looking to hire someone to do a 2 minute animation. I will be providing you with the voiceover and a rough storyboard showing you how some of the more analytical concepts should be visualized. I can also provide you with some helpful assets from other projects.

I'd scope this project at about 4-5 days of work. The deadline for the final product is the 20th of June. The animation will be 1280x720 @30fps. I will provide you with details on how I like it encoded later on.

Requirements:
- Expert in After Effects and Adobe Illustrator
- Industry experience (or a killer reel in lieu of this)
- A few 3D elements thrown in there would be cool, but not required (Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Element 3D)
- Reel showing solid understanding of movement, and some animated infographic type material

Please send a reel and links to a few of your animations to emackay@gmail.com . A resume or list of industry experience would be helpful as well. Oh and give me a rough estimate on cost please.

If all goes well this will definitely open the door to future projects.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
Could someone let me know if this is the appropriate thread to post this request?

I would like to give my little brother a tribute to action heroes for his birthday. Preferably with people in cheesy, over-the-top dramatic poses, with the whole feel being tongue in cheek rather than obviously comic. Doesn't have to be big, just something appropriate for framing and hanging on a wall. I would've thought something like this already exists for sale on the Internet, but I can't find anything!

Is this the right thread for this? Also I've never requested artwork before--as a rule, is it OK to request very rough sketches before picking one, just so I know what kind of layout and ideas they're thinking of?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

ATP5G1 posted:

Could someone let me know if this is the appropriate thread to post this request?

Is this the right thread for this? Also I've never requested artwork before--as a rule, is it OK to request very rough sketches before picking one, just so I know what kind of layout and ideas they're thinking of?

If you want to do that, post in SA mart. That's called spec work and while people will do it, it's frowned upon to request people to work for free (assuming you meant that you would post your idea and have people submit sketches then only pick one of them to do the art work/pay, that's how it usually works).

Generally in here you ask for people's portfolios, find someone that fits the style you want, agree on a price then work with them to realize your artwork (and pay them 1/2 to get started, 1/2 when it's done.)

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
Ah, OK. I assumed spec work was presenting nearly-complete material. Thank you for the clarification.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Okay, going to throw my hat in here since I'm still desperately unemployed and I'd say this is as good a place as any to make some more cash. I'm sort of a jack-of-all-trades: first and foremost an actor/voice actor who has been in a major motion picture and has done voice acting for several indie game projects (e.g. the Doom guy in Brutal Doom, General Graves and the Paradigm Cultists in AMC TC: Episode 2) as well as a local propane company commercial. Apart from that, I am also a competent pixel artist who dabbles in other forms of art with varying degrees of quality, and I am also something of a composer. Below are some examples of my work.

Voice Acting
Commercial VA Demo
Cartoon VA Demo

Pixel Art

Music
Videohuevoz
Spacefunk 9000
Gant the Skullcrusher
Happy Easter, Wanda June

If you're interested, please contact me at zxdwareisbroken@gmail.com or PM me here.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Hey Goons,

I posted here a little over a month ago trawling for underpaid design services for the catering company I'm starting with my girlfriend.

Noted forums user Arthil took up the call and has produced work that is so far and beyond what we have paid him to do it's unreal. I am here simply to state how god drat happy we are with our decision to post here and go with him. He's literally not stopped going the extra mile for everything we've asked of him. In addition to designing our logo to fit the vague 'personality' of our brand that we gave him, he deftly guided us when we needed input on color palettes and fonts. He never became impatient (we literally exchanged 60+ emails on notes and revisions) and all the while gave us the impression that he cared more about us achieving our vision than about wrapping up the project. He will be our designer of choice as long as we stay in business, and this will hardly be the last place I recommend his work. His work for us can be seen at https://www.titorons.com. On top of everything, I am embarassed to say how little money he did all of this incredible work for; Arthil is truly a man amongst goons.

Thank you, Goons, for your time.
And thanks, Arthil!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Hey Goons,

I posted here a little over a month ago trawling for underpaid design services for the catering company I'm starting with my girlfriend.

Noted forums user Arthil took up the call and has produced work that is so far and beyond what we have paid him to do it's unreal. I am here simply to state how god drat happy we are with our decision to post here and go with him. He's literally not stopped going the extra mile for everything we've asked of him. In addition to designing our logo to fit the vague 'personality' of our brand that we gave him, he deftly guided us when we needed input on color palettes and fonts. He never became impatient (we literally exchanged 60+ emails on notes and revisions) and all the while gave us the impression that he cared more about us achieving our vision than about wrapping up the project. He will be our designer of choice as long as we stay in business, and this will hardly be the last place I recommend his work. His work for us can be seen at https://www.titorons.com. On top of everything, I am embarassed to say how little money he did all of this incredible work for; Arthil is truly a man amongst goons.

And thanks, Arthil!

Give him free food!

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Hey, Toronto isn't -that- far from Kentucky. It'd totally survive an overnight shipping.

Right...? :ohdear:

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Arthil posted:

Hey, Toronto isn't -that- far from Kentucky. It'd totally survive an overnight shipping.

Right...? :ohdear:

We are working pretty diligently to find SOME way to get him something delicious, rest assured. :clint:

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Hey Goons,

And thanks, Arthil!

The color palette on that webpage is fantastic. Just looking at it gives me an intense thirst for something cold and tropical.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

I'm so thrilled with what they did with the design I did. I honestly wasn't expecting something so professional looking in terms of a website. I do know it doesn't really follow the traditional logo design of being super simple, but sometimes that just isn't what works the best. Especially for the theme they seem to go with.

And every twitter post I see from them makes me hungry.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
TLDR: I just want a modified logo that looks a little like it was already stamped in ink. Tried a couple filters in gimp and out of ideas so it's time to get someone who knows wtf they are doing.

E: Some kind goon got me a result I can use to test with, and another kind goon gave me some advice on how to better get what I need in the future so I'm all sewn up for now.

Also a kind reminder that I might have the cart in front of the horse vvvvv

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 23, 2015

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Mister Sinewave posted:

It's going to be an ink stamp onto some wood, and I want to embrace the rustic sort of look inherent to the wood grain and the ink stamp itself; the current logo is too sharp and perfectly defined for that. It's also too low-res.

TLDR: I just want a modified logo (reads: clearlyclocks.ca) that looks a little like it was already stamped in ink. Tried a couple filters in gimp and out of ideas so it's time to get someone who knows wtf they are doing.

FYI, if you're physically stamping wood with a small rubber stamp, it's going to have 'unclean edges' already because ink stamps never work absolutely perfectly, and the ink will soak into the wood. You probably don't need to perform any sort of weathering on the art – crisp would be better.

Also the longer you use the stamp the more it will become weathered itself, resulting in character building cracks and whatnot.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That is a good point, I really should test with a crisp original to at least see how it goes. I'm realizing I just sort of assumed it wouldn't turn out right. Thank you.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
In need of a fine art photographer to shoot a 2D watercolor in a private collection outside Toronto. PM me for details. Professional rates, but the work must be museum-quality.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
EDIT: Nevermind, don't need this anymore.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 4, 2015

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
edit: found an artist for my friend

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 13, 2015

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I am also getting married next year and in need of some invites done.

What we are after is some invites done in a Disney theme park map style due to us having our wedding there.

Anyone that can help with this please email me at tsietisin@gmail.com

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this. I need what is probably some pretty easy Photoshop work. In return, an avatar certificate for you. Or $10, I guess, if you prefer.

I suspect it's a < 15 minute job for someone who knows what they're doing. Please PM me if you're interested.

e: Arthil is a cool dude who now has an avatar. Thanks!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 16, 2015

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

FairGame is a classy dude who now has a Kozmic Fish.

PastPerfect
Nov 23, 2004

Rocking it out with my 60hz Hum

Nap Ghost
My prior graphics designer just up an vanished on me and I'm looking for a new virtual freelancer to assist me at my company.
I have a few immediate needs right now first and foremost being the design of some business cards. On going tasks would be punching up magazine style creative concept offerings, and if you're multi talented, motion graphics work on short video clips.
I am spinning up for the season right now and work could get fairly regular if things go well. This is not spec work and fair rates will be paid, because gently caress people who can't finance a business and ask for free poo poo.

I really want to get the business cards off to a printer asap.

Please link me to your portfolios and provide rates via PM.

Selection has been made. Thank you everyone who sent me a PM.

PastPerfect fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 23, 2015

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

I need critical review for a written essay I'm submitting for magazine publication.

Update: Thanks for checking in. theflyingexecutive was able to help me and did a fine job.

StickySweater fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 10, 2015

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001
I run a website site called http://thesavvybackpacker.com and I'm interested in a redesign. My site is a little busy right now so I'm looking to simplify. I really like how http://www.ricksteves.com/ looks and functions. Of course, I don't want to do a straight copy but I do like the functionality/organization (especially the side menu).

I'd also like to stick to Wordpress.

I'd love to some some ballpark quotes

Feel free to email me at jfeess at gmail

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looking for someone to help design a tattoo. I'm not sure if there's a name for the specific style I'm looking for, but sort of a Mexican pin up/sailor jerry kind of thing.
No idea what a fair price for something like this is but I'm not an rear end in a top hat so I will definitely pay you appropriately for your time.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Looking for someone to help design a tattoo. I'm not sure if there's a name for the specific style I'm looking for, but sort of a Mexican pin up/sailor jerry kind of thing.
No idea what a fair price for something like this is but I'm not an rear end in a top hat so I will definitely pay you appropriately for your time.

This is what you pay a tattoo artist for as part of the initial consultation. You'll need to find someone who has a style you like, but thats a better route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm really indecisive so I kind of just want to put some options together and sit on it for a bit