Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I was a tattoo artist. And I'm an illustrator. Drop me line via PM or at (username)@gmail.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TylerHendrix
Jul 11, 2012

bad things
Hello. I'm a cartoonist/illustrator/whatever else you want to call it. Lately I've been focusing on trying to get more commission work. I don't really have any particular specialty that I focus on. In the past month or so, I've done custom comics, caricatures, posters, album art, twitter icons, podcast art, and I even drew a little cartoon dog somebody wanted to put on their business card.

I don't really have super concrete rates, and try my best to work within any person's given budget. Probably my most popular option is the "two hour drawing," where I will take any assignment and put as much effort as possible into it for up to two hours, or until it's finished (whichever comes first), for $25. If you're interested, you can contact me via email: TylerHendrixO@gmail.com

Here are a few commissions I've done recently (image URL's grabbed from Facebook. The actual finished products don't have awful jpeg artifacts):

Again, if you're interested in having anything drawn for you, feel free to send me an email at TylerHendrixO@gmail.com (that ends with the letter O, not the number zero)

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012
Illustrator and graphic designer.

My focus is designing t-shirts and posters, cover art, custom illustrations, cartooning, lettering - hand-made typography, photo manipulation and digital design.

Here's what you can hire me for:

- illustrations in various styles; realistic, comic book, cartoon, caricature, the choice is yours
- logo design
- banners and other visuals for social media
- photo manipulation, retouching, editing and fixing whatever needs fixing
- typography and lettering
- pop art/comic book style visuals based on your photos

You can check out my landing page with all my online shops such as Redbubble, my Behance portfolio and where you can find me on social networks. My contact email is orebster@gmail.com, feel free to drop me a line or PM me even if you only need some advice.

Examples of my work:

(This last one is actually a t-shirt design commissioned by a Goon)

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Quick question: If I pay someone to do a design for me for an item of clothing I'm making (and will be selling for profit), how does that work? Once I've paid for it is it just mine or can the artist come back later and demand royalties?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

duckmaster posted:

Quick question: If I pay someone to do a design for me for an item of clothing I'm making (and will be selling for profit), how does that work? Once I've paid for it is it just mine or can the artist come back later and demand royalties?

I'm guessing that gets pre agreed with the artist, maybe the kind of thing you'd need to have a contract established for.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Defenestration posted:

1. HAVE A CONTRACT

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Ok, thanks for that.

In that case I'm looking for someone who can do "realistic cartoon" drawings - something like this (mildly NWS).

If anyone would like to PM me or email calumfrew at gmail dot com we can discuss further.

edit: now discussing this with someone, thanks

duckmaster fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 24, 2015

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
Hey goons! I had great success with my last freelance post, so I figured I'd give it a shot again. I'm not sure that what I'm looking for is in the wheelhouse of CC but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm trying to alter a hand-cranked music box. This is the one in question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAREP6M?ref_=pe_1196280_123950170. As you can see, the hand crank is absolutely tiny. I'd like to alter it to be easier to wind, and I'd like it to be a bit more elaborate so that the gears have a steampunk feel. I'd like to find someone to help me design the movement and let me know the size and types of materials that I'd need to buy. I can provide initial sketches but am open to revisions. I'm happy to spend $100 on the project. You can email me at jbalch / gmail. Thank you!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Hey goons.

I'm looking for an artist who has a cartoony style, or is good at colorful cartoony stuff. The catch is that the artist must be in or around San Jose, CA. The lead of this project prefers someone local for face to face meetings. The work would be for a board game, so it might help if you like playing games. If you're in the area and are looking for some side work, shoot me a PM or send an email with your info and some examples to my yahoo address: tuxedo_gin

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Hey, everyone! It looks like I need to make up a deficit of a few hundred dollars this month, so I'm looking for some graphic design jobs! I am very good at logos, but I can also do business cards, brochures, posters, invitations, or anything else you might need. I can even do some illustration, but that generally costs more. All prices are negotiated per client, so I'm willing to work with budgets; it will at least be a conversation instead of a set price tag.

Have a look at http://design.mutatedjellyfish.net for my overall 2D portfolio. Below are a few jobs I've done for people in this thread:

(This is actually a craft beer bottle label)

I also do 3D work, but that will be even pricier. My older 3D portfolio is here: http://www.worthdayley.com

Hit me up at worthdayley@gmail.com and we can work out a quick contract and I'll be able to pay my bills yaaaayyy!

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Hey there!

I'm looking for an artist to whip up a tattoo design. I already have a pretty specific idea of what I want.

It's an Ouroboros only not really. Normally an Ouroboros is a snake eternally trying to eat it's own tail. I want it to break away from that circle it usually forms to create an inverted question mark of sorts (depending on where you're looking from). The point of the mark is a crescent moon (specifically a black circle with a white/non-colored crescent shape). In the middle of where the circle previously would have been is a symbol I made up.

I realize that this may be difficult to understand so I created a "sketch" in five seconds in MS Paint. http://i.imgur.com/woOdfxu.jpg

Overall I'm going more for a simple design, for the lack of a better word. Just one color. Solid black. Or perhaps black and shades of gray. Up to you, really. I don't have much of an eye for this type of thing
As it's supposed to be a rather small tattoo just south of my wrist on my inner arm there's no need to be extraordinarily detailed. It would only complicate things. And hurt a lot. I already had a friend submit a design but while I like it, after sitting on it for a while, It's not the type of art I'd want as a tattoo.

Let me know what amount of money you expect for something like this and what means of payment you will prefer once it gets to that. Ideally PayPal, that's the simplest method for international transactions, since I'm in Germany. If there are any further questions from your end feel free to ask right away.

Ideally contact me via PM or E-mail (My username without a space at gmail dot com) if you don't have PMs.

Cheers!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm gonna go ahead and give the advice that's always given when someone asks for a tattoo design: find a tattoo artist you like and work with them. They'll be better able to tell you the limits and benefits of the medium and help you find a design that'll suit both your taste and their skills.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Hi folks,

I'm a talk therapist launching a private practice. I'm looking for a web designer to create a website to help introduce me and my services to prospective clients who've found me through search, online ads, or referrals from other therapists. Scope would include 3-5 pages, mostly text (w/ or w/o stock photos + some professional headshots I've had done) and a section for blog or vlog entries.

If you're interested, please send a link to your web-design portfolio to bisonbison at gmail, and I'll reach out.

bisonbison fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 27, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
edit: taken care of for now, thanks goons!

EngineerSean fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 15, 2015

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
$70 for a Book Cover

I’m having a book self-published soon and need someone to help me design and create the cover. I have a few ideas, but am looking for someone to help me work through what they might look like with a series of sketches or simple color mockups. Once I settle on something, I’ll need you to actually create the cover/spine/back.

$20 for about 4 or 5 sketches (I have a few ideas but It’d be helpful if you could submit 1 or 2 of your own once you know the topic). Once I settle on something, I’ll pay another $50 for you to create the actual cover.

It's non-fiction and it's about bureaucracy. So a good cover is essential.

If interested, post here, send a PM, or email my forum name @gmail.com. Post or send examples or link to your work.

Here's the post in SA Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749606

StickySweater fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 2, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I am a 2D animator and illustrator who does cartoons, comics, portraits and illustrations. Lately I've been teaching myself pixel art, as well. I'm located in the Boston area but I'm happy to work remotely. On SA I've done artwork for the Painting Miniatures Oath Thread and the Only War game we're running in TG. My television experience includes animating for Ugly Americans, design for MAD and storyboarding on WordGirl.

I'd be up for commissioned illustration, gifs (avatars and what-have-you) or more substantial animation work as needed. My flat rates vary based on the medium and level of detail required, but generally i'm shooting for about $15 USD/hr.

My website has most of my animated work, but here are a few illustration samples to look at -

spooky skull candle

tf2 commission

dog portrait (chuck)

Æthan Wilson's Worthless Wizarding Degree excerpt

SLAM Sector splash screen

SLAM Sector in-game menu

Miniatures Painting Oath Thread illustration

Four hens as Women

I lost a bet and had to draw this comic about me losing pokemon

PM me for more information, pricing discussions et al. My email is available on my website.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 19, 2015

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I'm looking for a partner to create the art for my web-based bored games, because I'm an OK coder and a terrible, terrible artist. The work would entail mostly still images, but a few animations would be nice, though not a deal breaker.

I've got most of the coding done for one game (it's playable, just needs a few options coded in) and want to finish it, and then start work on another. I want all the games to share a common style, setting, and player database, as well as common avatars, etc., so I'm looking for somebody that would be up to helping me for a while, or at least on multiple projects.

A large portion of the work would be in the game board and "pieces," with more ongoing work in creating all the stupid little items for avatars.

The main reason I've been holding off on this is payment. I am not a wealthy computers man, so I don't have a ton of extra cash. That being said, I have managed to save a few hundred dollars if we could work something out in that range. However, I'm hoping that somebody would want to form a partnership where they do the art, and I do the coding, spend that money on advertising/marketing, and then split the profits 50/50. So this might make a good side project for somebody that is not adverse to some risk?

If it sounds like something you'd be interested, please send me an email crabrock@gmail.com

Screenshot Examples below of what's currently there, just so you can have an idea of the work required:

Game board:

Creepy avatars:

Achievements:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Calling all writers: Whether you want to get your manuscript in shape for independent publishing or to make sure it's as clean and polished as possible before you query agents, Bookside Manner editing can help you. I offer a full range of editing services, from proofreading to line/developmental editing, at affordable rates and with good turn-around time. I'm available to all genres and to all manuscript lengths.

All editing meets Chicago Manual of Style standards (unless you have another preference). Edits are done in Word using track changes, allowing you to accept or reject changes as you see fit.

I'm happy to do a free sample edit to help you decide if my services are a good match for you.

From now through January 15, I'm offering a 10% discount to new SA clients. If you're interested, please contact Kelly at booksidemanner at gmail dot com, or visit my site to learn more: http://booksidemanner.com

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Hi folks. I'm looking to get a portrait, painting, not sure what done for my Mom and Dad's house. Both of my childhood pets died in 2015 and I want something that involves the two of them (whether it's them together in a setting or just side by side portraits). Something they can hang on the wall that looks classy. If anyone has any ideas, PM me and we can discuss it! It will be a joint effort and big gift from my sister and I, so we are not looking to be stingy at all.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Hi folks. I'm looking to get a portrait, painting, not sure what done for my Mom and Dad's house. Both of my childhood pets died in 2015 and I want something that involves the two of them (whether it's them together in a setting or just side by side portraits). Something they can hang on the wall that looks classy. If anyone has any ideas, PM me and we can discuss it! It will be a joint effort and big gift from my sister and I, so we are not looking to be stingy at all.

If you are looking for portraits of your pets, I paint watercolor pet portraits:
http://www.jeffspetprojects.com/index/

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Autechresaint posted:

If you are looking for portraits of your pets, I paint watercolor pet portraits:
http://www.jeffspetprojects.com/index/

E: You don't have PM - got an email I can contact you at?

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 4, 2016

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

E: You don't have PM - got an email I can contact you at?

jeffspetprojects at gmail dot com

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Hey, I'm a studied graphics designer / independent video game developer.

Here is my game portfolio: http://pizzamakesgames.itch.io/

I can develop faithful retro-style 2D games with a flash-based web and windows/mac/linux compatible standalone build, using the cross-platform toolkit HaxeFlixel.

I'm able to create all parts of the games I developed myself, like audio, visuals and code, while also giving thought to the dramaturgy and overall picture at a very high speed. Most of the games showcased in my portfolio were created from scratch in a matter of weeks or sometimes even just a single weekend (AXUO, Indies Vs Gamers 2084).

Producing a trailer and other media for the game's release would also be part of the package.

I'm open for both fixed and hourly rates. Feel free to mail me at balzer.feliks(at)gmail(dot)com

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I am a software developer and I am looking to commission an artist to design a logo for a software package I am about to release for electric utility companies. I've bought a few logos before in SA Mart and instead of having people make logos and only picking one, I'd much rather find an artist who's has made some logos that I like and working with them on a design. I've also got some other projects in the pipeline as well and could lead to some more jobs for the right artist.

The logo I envision will be mostly text, but I'd definitely be interested in someone who can help add some pizazz.

If there is anyone interested please shoot me an email My username @ gmail or PM with a link to your portfolio or examples of logos that you have done along with your rates and your preferred method of contact. I'll review them all with my partner and we'll be in touch. Payment will be through paypal after we have agreed to a design and rate and prior to the delivery of the final image file.

Thanks

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
A while back I remember some artist goon(s) advertising quick marker drawings from pictures. does anyone in this thread do that? Or do you happen to know who/what I'm remembering?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't know who specifically you had in mind, but I can do quick marker drawings for you from pictures.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I need someone to draw a map of a city for a game. Not a detailed map, mind you - just a top-down view of the city with visual icons for the important locations.

PM me if interested.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I don't know who specifically you had in mind, but I can do quick marker drawings for you from pictures.

Great! I'll find your earlier post with contact info and send you email.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

imandyyo posted:

Great! I'll find your earlier post with contact info and send you email.

You can just email me at alan at phylodox dot com.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SimonChris posted:

I need someone to draw a map of a city for a game. Not a detailed map, mind you - just a top-down view of the city with visual icons for the important locations.

PM me if interested.

I don't have PMs, but I'm interested. Do you have another form of contact?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Puppy Time posted:

I don't have PMs, but I'm interested. Do you have another form of contact?

You can mail me at *removed*.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 29, 2016

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Edit: All taken care of, thanks goons.

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 8, 2016

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I need a web developer / designer with Wordpress familiarity who can take a mostly-finished site and put in the final details for some submission automation. The site acts primarily as a landing page and submission system for subscribing to, or submitting to, a mailing list which runs on a weekly basis. The mailing list is outside the scope of this project and is in good shape.

The site was mostly built by a previous hire from this thread who just obtained a full-time job and cannot spare the time to finish out the contract. I need to replace him to finish this off.

What is still needed, generally speaking:

(1) A new landing page tailored to a specific subcategory of users
(2) Integration of a submission system (already exists) with Google Spreadsheets or some other equivalent tracking program to better manage incoming submissions
(3) Calendar system integration with submission system (does not exist in site currently) so that people submitting can see what dates are available and what are not.

The site's backbone is WordPress. If you know of plugins or extensions that work fine to fill these requirements, you do not have to reinvent the wheel for this project. Just make the damned thing look good and work correctly and I don't care. I just want this site finished so I can start gouging my customers charging a few bucks for the service. :D

Send me a PM and let's talk details and payment. :)

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sundae posted:

I need a web developer / designer with Wordpress familiarity who can take a mostly-finished site and put in the final details for some submission automation. The site acts primarily as a landing page and submission system for subscribing to, or submitting to, a mailing list which runs on a weekly basis. The mailing list is outside the scope of this project and is in good shape.

The site was mostly built by a previous hire from this thread who just obtained a full-time job and cannot spare the time to finish out the contract. I need to replace him to finish this off.

What is still needed, generally speaking:

(1) A new landing page tailored to a specific subcategory of users
(2) Integration of a submission system (already exists) with Google Spreadsheets or some other equivalent tracking program to better manage incoming submissions
(3) Calendar system integration with submission system (does not exist in site currently) so that people submitting can see what dates are available and what are not.

The site's backbone is WordPress. If you know of plugins or extensions that work fine to fill these requirements, you do not have to reinvent the wheel for this project. Just make the damned thing look good and work correctly and I don't care. I just want this site finished so I can start gouging my customers charging a few bucks for the service. :D

Send me a PM and let's talk details and payment. :)
I don't have PMs anymore. Email me - do you still have my email address? beauregardhall at gmail

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 19, 2016

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Hello artistic goons! I am looking for a design for a t-shirt. My paintball team is called the Death Jesters, so I'm interested in a design featuring something dead wearing a jester/harlequin hat. Embellish as you desire!

Keep in mind the following:

1 the design needs to be scalable so when I send it to Joe's t-shirts 'r' us it will scale without artifacting
2 since it is for a t shirt, limit the number of colors. 2-color is fine, as is 4 but some realistic 24-bit image is probably a no-go
3 if you want to include the text, I'm looking for "Death Jesters" above and "Tournament Paintball" below
4 I am thinking that something more abstract is better than realistic, if you can get the idea across without putting Eddie in a jester cap, that is better I think to keep the ick factor down

If you are interested, please PM me or respond here with links to any of your work you think represents you best for this.

Thanks, and I hope this post fits within the rules for this forum

Jewel
May 2, 2009

LongSack posted:

Hello artistic goons! I am looking for a design for a t-shirt. My paintball team is called the Death Jesters, so I'm interested in a design featuring something dead wearing a jester/harlequin hat. Embellish as you desire!

Keep in mind the following:

1 the design needs to be scalable so when I send it to Joe's t-shirts 'r' us it will scale without artifacting
2 since it is for a t shirt, limit the number of colors. 2-color is fine, as is 4 but some realistic 24-bit image is probably a no-go
3 if you want to include the text, I'm looking for "Death Jesters" above and "Tournament Paintball" below
4 I am thinking that something more abstract is better than realistic, if you can get the idea across without putting Eddie in a jester cap, that is better I think to keep the ick factor down

If you are interested, please PM me or respond here with links to any of your work you think represents you best for this.

Thanks, and I hope this post fits within the rules for this forum

By the way, it really depends on what method you print your shirt to how many colors looks good. If you want 1-4 colors, you have to find a place that does screenprinting (will cost per color layer) as it's kinda like layers of extremely detailed stencils that get covered in ink which goes into the shirt, leaving a nice dyed/painted shirt in the end.

You want to find a place that does screenprinting, as the alternatives can be methods that support infinite colors but leave a gross plasticy feeling on top of the shirt as you've probably worn before.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Jewel posted:

By the way, it really depends on what method you print your shirt to how many colors looks good. If you want 1-4 colors, you have to find a place that does screenprinting (will cost per color layer) as it's kinda like layers of extremely detailed stencils that get covered in ink which goes into the shirt, leaving a nice dyed/painted shirt in the end.

You want to find a place that does screenprinting, as the alternatives can be methods that support infinite colors but leave a gross plasticy feeling on top of the shirt as you've probably worn before.

Good info, thanks. I was thinking of going with some place like customink. Not sure what method they use, and I couldn't readily find anything on their website, except in a video on there it looks like they are doing silk screening? Is that the same thing?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

LongSack posted:

Good info, thanks. I was thinking of going with some place like customink. Not sure what method they use, and I couldn't readily find anything on their website, except in a video on there it looks like they are doing silk screening? Is that the same thing?

I don't know much more than to always use screenprinting for low color! Ask in the T-Shirt making thread probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Jewel posted:

I don't know much more than to always use screenprinting for low color! Ask in the T-Shirt making thread probably

Wikipedia tells me that silk screen is indeed another name for screen printing (because they used to use silk) so I think I'm ok. Plus I'm leaning heavily toward a black&white image.

Also, I am trading PMs with someone interested in my request, so I am hopeful :kiddo: