Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
EDIT: Position's now filled, thanks!

Hey there, goons!

I'm looking for someone versed in After Effects (though other non-linear video software may also be acceptable) to edit together a 60-second trailer for a video game in production. The game is a visual novel, (adventure-game-style, largely text and art) so rather than exhibit gameplay footage, the editor would combine art assets with effects set to music, like you would for a book trailer or kinetic typography video. All game art and the 60-second trailer song will be provided for you. I'm looking to have this done before mid-August, when the project is set to go to kickstarter. (The trailer would be part of the kickstarter video.)

Compensation would be $50-$100 depending on the complexity of the trailer/time commitment.

Info for the game, "Lovely Little Thieves," can be seen here. E-mail me at pangodangogames@gmail.com with an example or two of your past video editing work for inquiries.

Thanks! :)

Jay O fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Chitin posted:

Hey there! This may not be obvious to you, but this is WAY more than $100 worth of work. $100 is quasi-reasonable for a logo design from an entry-level graphic artist - an animated short is quite a bit more involved than that, even given existing assets.

No, it's not an animation project. Much simpler than that.

I've worked in video editing for a long time, so I do at least know the limitations of what I'm asking for. If you've seen amateur typography videos like this one, or MMVs like this one, that would be more the type of work I'm asking for. (Even then, the trailer would be much simpler than the effects work in either of those videos.) I could do it myself and will if I'm unable to find someone else, but I wanted to devote my time to coding and testing the demo instead.

I realize that the budget is a little low, too low for someone who say, does professional typography or book trailers, but that's why I posted it up front. I'm aware of the average pay scale for amateurs, if we're offered pay at all, and $100 for a fairly simple 60-second edit is not unreasonable at all.

EDIT: And hey, position's been filled now! Awesome.

Jay O fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 21, 2014