Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

ShadowMoo posted:

Not sure if this is the right place, (looking for free art) anyone want to make an 'I survived the Heartbleed info-sec apocalypse 2014' graphic and likely become temporarily famous?

This twitter really should be in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Heya!
Me and fellow goon KiddieGrinder are creating a multiplayer digital board game.
The plan is to pitch it on Kickstarter or such after a nice trailer and demo has been created.
The demo is getting pretty close to completion, but we do need some extra manpower after any potential investments to make sure the game does not end up looking like something drawn by a kindergartener.
As most of you know, looking for investments without some kind of budget is pretty hard.
Therefore, if you or any of your friends are working within the fields below, we would greatly appreciate if you would contact us using the information at the bottom of the post.

3D Character artist/sculptor.

Please do excuse the quality of this one, it was created using Fuse, which really did not give us too many options.
However, it does showcase most of the style we are looking to create, a monochrome character with some detail on a square base. Possible fur or other details for clothing might be desirable at a later point.
The exception would be that this character looks a little bit too realistic, we would prefer a more exaggerated stylized look. This picture is probably a better example of what we are looking for:

Our question to you artists out there is: How much would you charge to create a character like this? (Or how many hours would it approximately take you, if you charge hourly?)

2D Concept artist. (If you are able to create a fancy GUI as well that would be lovely.)
Simply enough, someone who is good enough at drawing to create some concepts for the aforementioned 3D artist.
The two things we consider extra valuable for this position would be if your able to create a GUI and also if you are able to draw concepts for map layouts, enemy positions, etc.
Same question here: How much do you charge for a concept/hourly?

If you find this interesting, got a question or just generally feel like you want to tell me how much of a bad person I am, send me a PM or e-mail me:
dancingpenguinsa@gmail.com
Please do include your portfolio and any potential pricing estimation you might have.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Unmature, nobody is blaming you for being one of those persons.
But just like WarpedNaba mentions, horror stories do exist, read a few of those and you should understand why everyone is so very cynical about it.