Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I'm looking for a partner to create the art for my web-based bored games, because I'm an OK coder and a terrible, terrible artist. The work would entail mostly still images, but a few animations would be nice, though not a deal breaker.

I've got most of the coding done for one game (it's playable, just needs a few options coded in) and want to finish it, and then start work on another. I want all the games to share a common style, setting, and player database, as well as common avatars, etc., so I'm looking for somebody that would be up to helping me for a while, or at least on multiple projects.

A large portion of the work would be in the game board and "pieces," with more ongoing work in creating all the stupid little items for avatars.

The main reason I've been holding off on this is payment. I am not a wealthy computers man, so I don't have a ton of extra cash. That being said, I have managed to save a few hundred dollars if we could work something out in that range. However, I'm hoping that somebody would want to form a partnership where they do the art, and I do the coding, spend that money on advertising/marketing, and then split the profits 50/50. So this might make a good side project for somebody that is not adverse to some risk?

If it sounds like something you'd be interested, please send me an email crabrock@gmail.com

Screenshot Examples below of what's currently there, just so you can have an idea of the work required:

Game board:

Creepy avatars:

Achievements:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU